Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Front Page Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I will say that while I didnt like the Bell pick, I am behind the guy 100%. He seems very mature and like a hard worker, and its hard not to support a guy like that. Really hoping he turns me into a believer.

Me too...

cause I am so tired of hearing you whine about the pick!!!!!!!

Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I will say that while I didnt like the Bell pick, I am behind the guy 100%. He seems very mature and like a hard worker, and its hard not to support a guy like that. Really hoping he turns me into a believer.

Me too...

cause I am so tired of hearing you whine about the pick!!!!!!!

Wink

azazaz7

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is footballsfuture's evaluation of the 2008 Steelers draft:
Quote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/afcgrades.html

Pittsburgh Steelers

Best Pick: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois Round 1.
Fantastic value at the 23 spot.

Worst Pick: None.
Limas Sweed was a steal in the second round, as was Mendenhall in the first.

2nd Day Steal: Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon, Round 5.
Dixon will have plenty of time to rehab and develop his passing skills as a backup to Ben Roethlisberger.

Overall: B+. The Steelers got tremendous value and added a lot of talent to the offense. Day two provided them with three potential impact players in Bruce Davis, Tony Hills, and Dixon. The only real negative is not landing a lineman early on to help ease the loss of Al Faneca.

It's extremely early to tell if this is a useful draft class or not. RD wasn't alone in thinking '08 was a bumper crop. I was of the same opinion.

The Steelers need a lot of these players to be hits and earn a second contract. The 2008 and 2009 draft classes were almost completely disastrous. Players from those classes should be entering their prime around now. The Steelers missing in a major way in those years leaves huge deficit of talent in their late 20s.

I'm hopeful that Jones and Bell will become major contributors. Anything else is a bonus.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can honestly say that it's been awhile since I've liked so many of our picks in a draft. Even before i started drinking the kool-aid, I can say that, as I was very high on Bell, Shark, Wheaton, and Williams. My day-after 'in retrospect' mindset is that I only hate one pick (Landry Jones) whereas in the past I've typically hated several
FreshPrince

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys drafted the DROY in Jarvis jones.

Steelers had a great draft IMO
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give them a B-,

Jarvis Jones was an a+, to be able to get a player who has experience playing the position that he will pay in the pro's. Not only was it a choice that provides depth it also provides a viable starting option.

Le'Veon Bell-C+, I like what he can be but there are some chages that will need to be made, he will have to stop lateraling players. And he does not have the speed to go east and west. He needs to get his shoulders square and get north and south faster,

But he has great hands and could be a really good check down option. There really is not a competition at running back there is no one to compete with.

Markus Wheaton B, Do not expect Mike Wallace, expect better. There is only so much you can gain from highlights, but I think in three years time he will be the most complete receiver from this draft.

Shamarko Thomas A+, My favorite pick of the draft. Some people compare him to Troy, others to Bob Sanders. Both players were in their prime fantastic safeties. I don't expect the creativity of Troy, that would be -unfair what see is a player who with a little seasoning could be a very solid 8-10 year starter.

Terry Hawthorne C-, I don't know if he will grow into a starter that may take some time. But I see a willing hitter and at worst a decent #3 corner.

Justin Brown D+-I really did not see anything that really showed anything, not really sure he can separate at this level very poor mans Plaxico.

Vince Williams B-, I really like this kid he attacks down hill coverage skills could be an issue. Was replaced in obvious passing downs can't wait to see what Butler does with him.

Nick Williams C-, I think he can develop into a decent backup player.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: