Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pickett and Raji show up out of shape and overweight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycle wrote:
dijatool wrote:
-- PackerReport (Green Bay) on Sat Apr 27 21:16:01 +0000 2013
Trgo says this is lightest Pickett has been at this time of year. Raji is "right about where he left off."

-- TyDunne (Green Bay, WI) on Sat Apr 27 21:16:40 +0000 2013
Trgovac: "This is the lightest Ryan Pickett has come in. B.J. Raji where he was last year." And then he's cut off. OK...

-- MikeVandermause (Green Bay, WI) on Sat Apr 27 21:16:53 +0000 2013
Trgovac: Spent little bit of time with Johnny Jolly. He's doing well. This is lightest Pickett has come in to offseason. Raji about same wt.

-- PeteDougherty (Green Bay, WI) on Sat Apr 27 21:16:59 +0000 2013
Said Raji's weight is about what it's always been at this time of year.

McGinn's integrity is the lightest it's been all year.

You'd think you'd do some fact checking before publishing that article. I guess there isn't much to write about this time of year.
Lockitout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really worried about Raji, ever since our SB season he hasn't been the same player. Granted our lack of any other lineman getting any semblance of a push is probably one of the reasons, but I've read numerous articles calling him "severely overrated" recently. I had hopes of him being the best NT in the league and for a small time he definitely had a chance. I'm hoping with the return of some of our injured lineman as well as the addition of Datone that he will return to his dominant 6+ sack a season form, but I'm not optimistic.

I really hope he can get back to the way he dominated and pushed multiple OL in the beginning of his career, he was one of my favorite players on our team in '09 and '10. I even bought his Jersey over CM3 in their rookie year. Big men are always important, especially with the way we play defense since more often than not we only have 2 of them (nickel packages). He needs to be in shape and he needs to get some rest during the season by getting some good rotation going or he won't ever get back to where he was.
xDD80x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockitout wrote:
I'm really worried about Raji, ever since our SB season he hasn't been the same player. Granted our lack of any other lineman getting any semblance of a push is probably one of the reasons, but I've read numerous articles calling him "severely overrated" recently. I had hopes of him being the best NT in the league and for a small time he definitely had a chance. I'm hoping with the return of some of our injured lineman as well as the addition of Datone that he will return to his dominant 6+ sack a season form, but I'm not optimistic.

I really hope he can get back to the way he dominated and pushed multiple OL in the beginning of his career, he was one of my favorite players on our team in '09 and '10. I even bought his Jersey over CM3 in their rookie year. Big men are always important, especially with the way we play defense since more often than not we only have 2 of them (nickel packages). He needs to be in shape and he needs to get some rest during the season by getting some good rotation going or he won't ever get back to where he was.

DTs peak late and last a while. Even Ngata wasn't the guy he is now in his 3rd year. Think about all the times a 34 year old guy like Wilfork or Grady Jackson has came in and been a great anchor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
Trgo says this is lightest Pickett has been at this time of year. Raji is "right about where he left off."

Trgovac: "This is the lightest Ryan Pickett has come in. B.J. Raji where he was last year." And then he's cut off. OK...

Trgovac: Spent little bit of time with Johnny Jolly. He's doing well. This is lightest Pickett has come in to offseason. Raji about same wt.

good pulls.

McGinn is getting really irritating as a journalist. Has an agenda he's been trying to push. Fewer and fewer are buying it, though and seems like he's getting frustrated and throwing out more garbage.
MUOH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
dijatool wrote:

good pulls.

McGinn is getting really irritating as a journalist. Has an agenda he's been trying to push. Fewer and fewer are buying it, though and seems like he's getting frustrated and throwing out more garbage.

Only agenda here is to sell papers and generate traffic and clicks. Does it make it him all bad that his job is to create infotainment via hyped and artificial conflict? Not really, as consumers a majority of us have fully embraced the bogus media model. Besides a little dig over the draft weekend helps to stir the pot for "training camp conflict" and Raji contract extension fluff columns.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, here's more.

Drew Smith ‏@DrewSmithSports 11m

Just sat down with @RyanPickett79. "Big Grease" may be "Medium Grease" this year- he came back almost 20 lbs under his playing weight.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockitout wrote:

If you can find the games from the end of last year, especially both Minnesota games, you will see the same 2010 Raji. Don't fool yourself, sacks are a fluke stat, Raji could have had 6 at the end of last year, he just didn't get lucky. I just hope he can beast the entire year this next year, instead of coming on strong late.
ayt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Lol, here's more.

Drew Smith ‏@DrewSmithSports 11m

Just sat down with @RyanPickett79. "Big Grease" may be "Medium Grease" this year- he came back almost 20 lbs under his playing weight.

That is hilarious.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be fair, Pickett minus 20 pounds is still fat and overweight.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I learned my lesson, never use a McGinn article. About as reliable as a random blogger online.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Well to be fair, Pickett minus 20 pounds is still fat and overweight.

Which is to say "he's an NFL defensive tackle". I'm pretty sure none of the guys who play in the trenches score all that well on the BMI scale.
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Lockitout wrote:

If you can find the games from the end of last year, especially both Minnesota games, you will see the same 2010 Raji. Don't fool yourself, sacks are a fluke stat, Raji could have had 6 at the end of last year, he just didn't get lucky. I just hope he can beast the entire year this next year, instead of coming on strong late.

Raji looked good in camp too and then came the ankle injury that took half a season to get past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: