Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2014 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Firstly, love the presentation and the organization, Lil Uno. Thanks for it!

I have not seen much of Fales up to this point but I just watched the videos you posted and I am very, very intrigued. Looks like his supporting cast at SJSU was horrendous but he himself possesses impressive footwork and generally makes intelligent throws. I like what I see. Bridgewater is obviously my favorite prospect, but I want to see much more of Fales now.

Appreciate it. Finished the LBs, just DBs left to do.

I like Fales as well. He did well with serviceable weapons but I'm more impressed by his physical attributes. He only has average arm strength and size but possesses tremendous footwork and decision making for his age. His accuracy is also above average. Would love Fales if Ponder where to fail this season.

The QB class as a whole is very intriguing. As I've said before there are several Redshirt Sophomores who could shake up the system. Brett Hundley and Marcus Mariota are two of the top guys in the category. Guys like Tajh Boyd and Aaron Murray possess great all around skill sets but are lacking in size. While guys like Logan Thomas, Zach Mettenberger, and Derek Carr all have the potential to be early picks but have to prove themselves this season. There are A LOT of QBs jocking for positioning behind Teddy Bridgewater. Will be fun to watch this season.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_vikingfan wrote:
My early 2014 man crush for the Vikings is CJ Mosley. if add a little weight he can be a great MLB.

I think Mosley will be a great OLB in a blitz heavy 4-3 team or even a 3-4 squad. He is great all around player but really excels at bending and getting after the QB.

Another one of my early favorites is Dion Bailey, OLB/S, USC. He is an underclassmen but I love this kid. Goes 6', 210 and played LB for the Trojans this year. He will move back to Safety for this season. He runs a 4.5 and has outstanding ball skills. I want to see him more in deep coverage but I would love to see him next to Harrison Smith next year. He plays like a LB but is fluid like a DB, he is the type of guy you can match up with the new era tight ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNuy-dbVkBg

vikes635

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Want Trey Depreist realy bad! Realy good job uno i like it alot

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First mock of the season:

Lil Uno wrote:
2014 NFL Mock V.1 (5/18/2013)

1. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
4. David Fales, QB, San Jose State
5. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
6. Marqise Lee, WR, USC
7. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
8. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
9. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
10. Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
11. Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
12. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
13. C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
14. Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
15. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
16. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama
17. David Yankey, OL, Stanford
18. Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
19. Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
20. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
21. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
22. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
23. Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
24. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
25. Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
26. A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee
27. Scott Chricton, OLB, Oregon State
28. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA
29. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
30. Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
31. Kony Ealy, DE, Mizzou
32. Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams and Jadeveon Clowney on the same defense? Oh lawdy!

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Krauser

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got the Vikings drafting 25th, but being the 6th seed in the NFC and losing the division again to the Packers. 8 of the top 10 teams (drafting at the bottom) are from the NFC; the worst 5 teams (drafting at the top), and 9 of the worst 11 are from the AFC.

That can't happen -- the playoff teams all get seeded in the last 12 spots, so a better record that finishes out of the playoffs in one conference picks before a worse record that makes the playoffs in the other.

Just a random nerdy observation.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
You've got the Vikings drafting 25th, but being the 6th seed in the NFC and losing the division again to the Packers. 8 of the top 10 teams (drafting at the bottom) are from the NFC; the worst 5 teams (drafting at the top), and 9 of the worst 11 are from the AFC.

That can't happen -- the playoff teams all get seeded in the last 12 spots, so a better record that finishes out of the playoffs in one conference picks before a worse record that makes the playoffs in the other.

Just a random nerdy observation.

Yup, I realized that once I was nearly finished. I just did the order based on my own personal power rankings, not how I think the season plays out. Very Happy

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really high on Lynch from a mental standpoint, considering the way he handled his situation in South Bend.

Perhaps he's grown up a bit since then, but it's be hard to take that chance with Johnson sitting there.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Not really high on Lynch from a mental standpoint, considering the way he handled his situation in South Bend.

Perhaps he's grown up a bit since then, but it's be hard to take that chance with Johnson sitting there.

His character is definitely in question but if he gets himself together mentally, I wouldn't hesitate to put him just a notch below Clowney. Lynch was dominant as a freshman and would have easily been a Top 10 lock had he stayed at ND.

I'm not sure how Minnesota will handle their DE situation, but I expect DE to be a high priority next offseason. Probably ahead of ILB, IMO.

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

His character is definitely in question but if he gets himself together mentally, I wouldn't hesitate to put him just a notch below Clowney. Lynch was dominant as a freshman and would have easily been a Top 10 lock had he stayed at ND.

I'm not sure how Minnesota will handle their DE situation, but I expect DE to be a high priority next offseason. Probably ahead of ILB, IMO.

Yeah, he projects to be a dominant player, but we'll have to see how that year off changed his game, and whether or not he's got his issues under control.

I don't know that DE will necessarily be a premium position of need, not nearly as much as an 3 down LB, pending the performance of this new crop of guys.

I personally see the Vikings needs going in to next season:

MLB
LG
RG
NT
DE
S
C.O.P. RB

And of course QB shoots up that list if Ponder doesn't perform well this year.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys think Johnny Football will do in the NFL?

I actually like Ponder though unlike some of you.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
How do you guys think Johnny Football will do in the NFL?

Backup at best.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really want Fales.

Dude is going to crush.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Johnson=Beast.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Firstly, love the presentation and the organization, Lil Uno. Thanks for it!

I have not seen much of Fales up to this point but I just watched the videos you posted and I am very, very intrigued. Looks like his supporting cast at SJSU was horrendous but he himself possesses impressive footwork and generally makes intelligent throws. I like what I see. Bridgewater is obviously my favorite prospect, but I want to see much more of Fales now.

Appreciate it. Finished the LBs, just DBs left to do.

I like Fales as well. He did well with serviceable weapons but I'm more impressed by his physical attributes. He only has average arm strength and size but possesses tremendous footwork and decision making for his age. His accuracy is also above average. Would love Fales if Ponder where to fail this season.

The QB class as a whole is very intriguing. As I've said before there are several Redshirt Sophomores who could shake up the system. Brett Hundley and Marcus Mariota are two of the top guys in the category. Guys like Tajh Boyd and Aaron Murray possess great all around skill sets but are lacking in size. While guys like Logan Thomas, Zach Mettenberger, and Derek Carr all have the potential to be early picks but have to prove themselves this season. There are A LOT of QBs jocking for positioning behind Teddy Bridgewater. Will be fun to watch this season.

Wow. Now you really have me intrigued. I'll watch the QB situation in the college ranks particularly closely this season. We could very well be looking for our franchise signal-caller this offseason, so it's good to know there seems to be a bevy of options early on (which prospects are ranked where will surely change once the games get going).

Fales, in particular, I'll have to keep an eye on.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: