Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Opinions on d.j. Hayden and our 2nd?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoneWithTheWind


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 1313
Location: Planet Namek
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to drop by and congradulate you guys. I consider you guys one of the big winners of this draft. DJ Hayden is the absolute real deal it's definetly a new day in Oakland, Landing Sio Moore was absolute robbery in my opinion as well. Don't have a real strong opinion on Menelik Watson. Congrats again and good luck next year. Beat Denver.
_________________

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6264
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9221067&categoryid=2378529

ESPN's 8 minute documentary of DJ Hayden and his injury. Have to say I'm starting to love the pick. Such a comeback story.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32161
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NKBPJ313s

I watched that one Friday after we picked him. Its another good one.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20140
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the NFL Network piece the day it aired (before the Raiders were very interested in him) and I couldn't help but root for the guy. Was very excited to hear we liked him and even more excited when his name was announced. Really shows us what kind of players Reggie and Allen are going after. Talented, good hearted, hard working guys.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32161
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey Wingo wrote:
today on NFL LIVE at 4:00 on ESPN we chronicle the remarkable story of newest Raider D.J. Hayden. Worthy of your time he's a medical miracle


4 EST


Of course this would be on while I'm at work.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21114
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Trey Wingo wrote:
today on NFL LIVE at 4:00 on ESPN we chronicle the remarkable story of newest Raider D.J. Hayden. Worthy of your time he's a medical miracle


4 EST


Of course this would be on while I'm at work.


your fault, shouldnt have a job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32161
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Trey Wingo wrote:
today on NFL LIVE at 4:00 on ESPN we chronicle the remarkable story of newest Raider D.J. Hayden. Worthy of your time he's a medical miracle


4 EST


Of course this would be on while I'm at work.


your fault, shouldnt have a job.


I KNOWWWWWWWWW

(Bruce from Family Guy voice)
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14562
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14562
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.


its not just mw. hayden only has 22 div 1 games under his belt.

Quote:
Alonzo Highsmith, senior personnel executive for the Green Bay Packers, said that the only people who had the injury are not alive and the doctors haven't seen it.


red flag maybe?
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20140
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.


He's still mad about Bruce Campbell. Watson was no workout warrior if anybody ever checked his 40 time at the combine (5.22). The guy has very quick feet which is why a lot of people thought he could possibly play LT. He needs a lot of help in his technique that he got away with in college. I don't think he'll win the spot right away but he'll compete hard seeing as he is a very quick learner.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14562
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.


He's still mad about Bruce Campbell. Watson was no workout warrior if anybody ever checked his 40 time at the combine (5.22). The guy has very quick feet which is why a lot of people thought he could possibly play LT. He needs a lot of help in his technique that he got away with in college. I don't think he'll win the spot right away but he'll compete hard seeing as he is a very quick learner.


you were the 2nd biggest bc co-signer tho. go figure.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20140
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.


He's still mad about Bruce Campbell. Watson was no workout warrior if anybody ever checked his 40 time at the combine (5.22). The guy has very quick feet which is why a lot of people thought he could possibly play LT. He needs a lot of help in his technique that he got away with in college. I don't think he'll win the spot right away but he'll compete hard seeing as he is a very quick learner.


you were the 2nd biggest bc co-signer tho. go figure.


The Actor? Yes.

The Football player? Hell no. I was all McClain.

I was ok with getting him in the 4th round, but I did nothing but criticize him after that season.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sandiegoraider1


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 2115
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
crazy thing is if AL traded down and picked hayden just like reg did people would be all like " dam another cb in the first and a injured one, wtf is he thinking". then the MW pick people would have lost their mind saying "wow good one AL another workout warrior with limited experience wtf"

but reg does it and he is a guru. go figure.


I disagree. Because Al didn't trade down. If that happened, fans would have loved it. We were always asking for it.

Next, Watson was a highly ranked prospect by all accounts. Production in college. Being a good athlete didn't displace the evidence his game showed on the field.

A Al Davis workout warrior type would be a guy with no production in college to warrant the pick. See DHB, Mitchell.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.


He's still mad about Bruce Campbell. Watson was no workout warrior if anybody ever checked his 40 time at the combine (5.22). The guy has very quick feet which is why a lot of people thought he could possibly play LT. He needs a lot of help in his technique that he got away with in college. I don't think he'll win the spot right away but he'll compete hard seeing as he is a very quick learner.


you were the 2nd biggest bc co-signer tho. go figure.


I think I was the first or second biggest. I still partially believe in the guy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group