Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carolina Panthers 2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you grade the entire draft?
A
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
B
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
C
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
D
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4475
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanxmerch wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
Didn't watch it today and I'm glad I didn't. I checked the picks on NFL.com.

I feel like as the draft progressed the picks got worse and worse. Star was awesome, Short was good, Kugbila was probably the worst pick, Klein was bad, and although I like Barner I think it was the wrong pick.

I really don't understand the Kugbila pick. There were much better players available. If it's just for competition, I think it's too early to draft for that.


This is a dumb argument, is Barrett jones a better football player right now? Probably yes. But there is a reason Barrett jones was a late 4th round pick. He has reached his ceiling. He will be a good back up guard and maybe go as high as a bottom half of the league starter. From what I read kugbila has tremendous upside, in two years he could be a pro bowl starter. People need to learn that there is a reason gm's are gm's and Mel kipper and mike mattock are on tv.


When did I bring up Barrett Jones?
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V2YGbQxTaU

Laughing


Lmao. Well put. People seem to forget that we haven't a Kicker on the roster who we can trust to nail a 35 yarder with the game on the line.

They forget that are starting projected Corner's are Josh Norman and Drayton Florence Shocked

They forget that we haven't had a solid #2 receiver since Mushin Muhammed retired, and the new NFL requires you have 2 #1 receivers.

They forget that our Punter is so ineffective that we might as well just go for it on 4th and 9.

They forget that we might just be picking #1 overall next year.

:Sigh:


Calm down, the sky isn't falling. This team is no way bad enough, barring an injury to Cam, to have the first pick in the draft.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this Panthers are better off than they were before the draft.


You Are right. We are a Little better than we were before.

But so isn't EVERY team in the league. Don't forget that all 32 teams drafted players.

Some teams got A LOT better.

Atlanta's secondary greatly improved.

This is the Bucs new secondary: Darrell Revis, Eric Wright, Jonathan Banks, Dashon Gholdson, Mark Barron. Need I say more??

And lets not forget about the existing NFC Powerhouses, San Fran, Seattle adding tons of talent. Minnesota added a ton of weapons.

Point is, everybody improved, some more than others, and I really feel like we improved the least in the division and perhaps in the bottom five league wide.

Dallas did worse than us, I can say that much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TROJANPANTHER


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1200
Location: NM
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:


You Are right. We are a Little better than we were before.

But so isn't EVERY team in the league. Don't forget that all 32 teams drafted players.

Some teams got A LOT better.

Atlanta's secondary greatly improved.

This is the Bucs new secondary: Darrell Revis, Eric Wright, Jonathan Banks, Dashon Gholdson, Mark Barron. Need I say more??

And lets not forget about the existing NFC Powerhouses, San Fran, Seattle adding tons of talent. Minnesota added a ton of weapons.

Point is, everybody improved, some more than others, and I really feel like we improved the least in the division and perhaps in the bottom five league wide.

Dallas did worse than us, I can say that much.



Atlanta essentially did the same thing that we did.

Remember the when the Eagles formed the secondary that no one was going to be able to pass on? We have no idea how those new players are going to be in a new system. They could be great, but they could just as easily regress. And they still have a below average defensive line.

New Orleans did nothing of note.

And teams that were supposed to be good regress every season. One of those 3 other teams you mentioned could easily miss the playoffs.


One thing you never seem to consider is that the people who are already on our roster might, oh you know, actually improve? It's a wild concept I know, but young players generally improve, and we have a bunch of them on our roster. Cam should be improving in year 3. Keuchly now has a year under his belt. Hardy is just entering his prime. Johnson is consistently good. Silotolu will be better. Kalil will be back. LaFell will continue getting better. Etc. etc. etc.

We have a solid team. If you want to continue having a tantrum over late round picks that would most likely not see the field much anyways, go ahead, but it doesn't seem to be doing you much good so you might as well start to look at the positives.
_________________

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TROJANPANTHER


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1200
Location: NM
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13275919

Quote:
Analysis: This is a steal. Wow. The Panthers needed a passer, and they get one. This will work out well for the Panthers and Clausen. He will be better than Tebow. Grade: A+


We sure filled our needs that draft. And boy those experts sure were spot on in that one!

Just sayin.
_________________

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13275919

Quote:
Analysis: This is a steal. Wow. The Panthers needed a passer, and they get one. This will work out well for the Panthers and Clausen. He will be better than Tebow. Grade: A+


We sure filled our needs that draft. And boy those experts sure were spot on in that one!

Just sayin.


Ohhhh so you're saying this year's second round pick, Kawann Short is a sure-fire, can't miss, already Elite NFL Player? And there's no way he could be the Clausen of the DT world?

Is that based on his questionable motor?

"Play-to-play effort is questionable; stands around to watch the play too often, especially when tired or playing against better talent."

So as long as the Offensive Lineman in the NFL aren't Better than the guys he played against in College, we're all set.

yeah he sounds like a guy I want on my team. Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TROJANPANTHER


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1200
Location: NM
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13275919

Quote:
Analysis: This is a steal. Wow. The Panthers needed a passer, and they get one. This will work out well for the Panthers and Clausen. He will be better than Tebow. Grade: A+


We sure filled our needs that draft. And boy those experts sure were spot on in that one!

Just sayin.


Ohhhh so you're saying this year's second round pick, Kawann Short is a sure-fire, can't miss, already Elite NFL Player? And there's no way he could be the Clausen of the DT world?

Is that based on his questionable motor?

"Play-to-play effort is questionable; stands around to watch the play too often, especially when tired or playing against better talent."

So as long as the Offensive Lineman in the NFL aren't Better than the guys he played against in College, we're all set.

yeah he sounds like a guy I want on my team. Shocked


That's the exact opposite I am saying. I am saying that we have no idea how the people we drafted will perform, so you throwing your little temper tantrum is a waste of time.

We have no idea how this draft will pan out. Star or short could become a Ngata or a Glen Dorsey. The G could be the next Larry Allen, or another Hangartner. Stewart and Williams could get injured and Barner could rush for 2000 yards. No one knows.

We've all seen picks that we've loved bust (Dwayne Jarrett) and ones we hated be great (Cam). So reacting this strongly about picks, mostly in the later rounds is just ridiculous.
_________________

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smitty89


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 1315
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13275919

Quote:
Analysis: This is a steal. Wow. The Panthers needed a passer, and they get one. This will work out well for the Panthers and Clausen. He will be better than Tebow. Grade: A+


We sure filled our needs that draft. And boy those experts sure were spot on in that one!

Just sayin.


Ohhhh so you're saying this year's second round pick, Kawann Short is a sure-fire, can't miss, already Elite NFL Player? And there's no way he could be the Clausen of the DT world?

Is that based on his questionable motor?

"Play-to-play effort is questionable; stands around to watch the play too often, especially when tired or playing against better talent."

So as long as the Offensive Lineman in the NFL aren't Better than the guys he played against in College, we're all set.

yeah he sounds like a guy I want on my team. Shocked


That's the exact opposite I am saying. I am saying that we have no idea how the people we drafted will perform, so you throwing your little temper tantrum is a waste of time.

We have no idea how this draft will pan out. Star or short could become a Ngata or a Glen Dorsey. The G could be the next Larry Allen, or another Hangartner. Stewart and Williams could get injured and Barner could rush for 2000 yards. No one knows.

We've all seen picks that we've loved bust (Dwayne Jarrett) and ones we hated be great (Cam). So reacting this strongly about picks, mostly in the later rounds is just ridiculous.


Applause


I trust Gettlemen's decisions. He is after all 'the Godfather'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarolinaRoar


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 1555
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



lol smh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 1987
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are using almost the exact same personnel on offense as we've had the past two years... where we averaged 23.8 pgg which is 11th in the NFL in Cam's two years (btw we've allowed the 8th most points in that same timespan).

And if you want to criticize the offense for something last season... wouldn't it be playcalling and the OL? Two things which will be different this season with Chud out and Kalil playing the whole year, which improves not only center, but right guard. I don't really see how Double Trouble, Smitty, Olsen, LaFell, and Tolbert are enough options for the time being.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 9829
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166321/article/2013-nfl-draft-five-nfc-teams-that-failed-to-fill-needs

"Steve Smith's revival alongside quarterback Cam Newton is well-documented. But Smith turns 34 this month and Carolina has little depth at the wide receiver position beyond Brandon LaFell, an underwhelming target who makes better sense as a third option. The recently signed Ted Ginn and Domenik Hixon are patches. With a rare talent like Newton running the show, the Panthers' failure to surround him with more dynamic pass-catchers is baffling."


Just sayin.



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13275919

Quote:
Analysis: This is a steal. Wow. The Panthers needed a passer, and they get one. This will work out well for the Panthers and Clausen. He will be better than Tebow. Grade: A+


We sure filled our needs that draft. And boy those experts sure were spot on in that one!

Just sayin.


Ohhhh so you're saying this year's second round pick, Kawann Short is a sure-fire, can't miss, already Elite NFL Player? And there's no way he could be the Clausen of the DT world?

Is that based on his questionable motor?

"Play-to-play effort is questionable; stands around to watch the play too often, especially when tired or playing against better talent."

So as long as the Offensive Lineman in the NFL aren't Better than the guys he played against in College, we're all set.

yeah he sounds like a guy I want on my team. Shocked


That's the exact opposite I am saying. I am saying that we have no idea how the people we drafted will perform, so you throwing your little temper tantrum is a waste of time.

We have no idea how this draft will pan out. Star or short could become a Ngata or a Glen Dorsey. The G could be the next Larry Allen, or another Hangartner. Stewart and Williams could get injured and Barner could rush for 2000 yards. No one knows.

We've all seen picks that we've loved bust (Dwayne Jarrett) and ones we hated be great (Cam). So reacting this strongly about picks, mostly in the later rounds is just ridiculous.


Applause


I trust Gettlemen's decisions. He is after all 'the Godfather'
I approve this message Cool
_________________

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group