Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 123rd Pick in the NFL Draft, Chris Harper
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
with patton on the board I am scratching my head. I thought Seattle was in love with him. But Harper will help out a lot once Tate is long gone. Maybe this pick will allow us to possibly trade Tate before he hits FA.

I think we will devolop Harper and let Tate walk in FA i don't see us tagging him and he is a UFA i don't see us trading Tate though.
I don't see Tate leaving. Him and Wilson bonded pretty fast from what I've seen last year. I think Rice is more likely to be gone than Tate.
We won't have the money to pay Tate.

Hopefully someone throws a crapload of money at him and we can get a nice compensatory pick out of him.

Either that or the team cuts Rice/forces him to take a big pay cut so we can retain Tate. Depends on the type of year he has.

I would way rather let go of Rice then Tate. I think Tate is a better fit with Wilson, is not injury prone like Rice, and is a better player over all. Plus he is younger.

I donít see why people are so keen on letting Tate go. I think that would be a huge loss.

Agreed. With the way the team values youth, I won't be surprised at all if they just cut Rice and sign Tate to a cheaper deal. Harvin, Tate, Harper sounds fine to me.
It sounds tiny. Which doesn't sound like something Pete would go for at all.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
with patton on the board I am scratching my head. I thought Seattle was in love with him. But Harper will help out a lot once Tate is long gone. Maybe this pick will allow us to possibly trade Tate before he hits FA.

I think we will devolop Harper and let Tate walk in FA i don't see us tagging him and he is a UFA i don't see us trading Tate though.
I don't see Tate leaving. Him and Wilson bonded pretty fast from what I've seen last year. I think Rice is more likely to be gone than Tate.
We won't have the money to pay Tate.

Hopefully someone throws a crapload of money at him and we can get a nice compensatory pick out of him.

Either that or the team cuts Rice/forces him to take a big pay cut so we can retain Tate. Depends on the type of year he has.

I would way rather let go of Rice then Tate. I think Tate is a better fit with Wilson, is not injury prone like Rice, and is a better player over all. Plus he is younger.

I donít see why people are so keen on letting Tate go. I think that would be a huge loss.

Agreed. With the way the team values youth, I won't be surprised at all if they just cut Rice and sign Tate to a cheaper deal. Harvin, Tate, Harper sounds fine to me.
It sounds tiny. Which doesn't sound like something Pete would go for at all.

Rice may be taller than Harper, but Harper is generally the bigger receiver. I think the team would be fine with the elite slot weapon, the deep threat in Golden, and the big possession receiver in Harper. Their "big" target, should come from their eventual replacement at the #2 TE spot that seems inevitable.
seaducks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually love this pick. not the tallest guy but plays big. hoping he turns out as a faster Boldin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin is a great comparison. Harper is less physical, but pretty much all Oregon receivers are great run blockers
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Boldin is a great comparison. Harper is less physical, but pretty much all Oregon receivers are great run blockers
I thought Harper was from K-State?

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Plush wrote:

He was a QB at Oregon, but wanted to make the switch to WR... did so, but then transferred to KState and had his best WR successes there.

TommyC376 on the Sig
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll envisions fourth-round WR Chris Harper as an outside "X" receiver.

Golden Tate is Seattle's incumbent X. Harper probably won't overtake him as a rookie, but Tate is entering a contract year. "We donít see him as a slot guy," Carroll said of Harper. "We see him as an outside receiver. Heís got some real special qualities that weíll learn and make use of. But weíll see him mostly at X." Harper figures to focus on playing special teams as a rookie.

imani

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Plush wrote:

Oregon transfer

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this pick more and more each day. I think he could be a real nice WR for us.

Like his route running and his ability to use his body to shield defenders, especially on the shorter routes.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
I'm liking this pick more and more each day. I think he could be a real nice WR for us.

Like his route running and his ability to use his body to shield defenders, especially on the shorter routes.

Indeed. He could be as good as BMW was on a slant route (A guaranteed reception).
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That (slant route) is something that been seriously missing. I thought Miller would be the guy they'd use for it, but apparently they needed him more for blocking than receiving. OL improvement may be the key to the fix.
sirensong

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
That (slant route) is something that been seriously missing. I thought Miller would be the guy they'd use for it, but apparently they needed him more for blocking than receiving. OL improvement may be the key to the fix.

Harvin will be running slant routes all day on sundays. Hes a terrible route runner and its an easy way to put the ball in his hands. We'll also see Miller run more routes this year in my opinion. He had a coming out party in that Atl game.
imani

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What other elements does Harper bring? Take a look back at the NFL Combine and you'll find a 4.55-second 40-yard dash, a 35.5-inch vertical leap, and 20 repetitions at 225 pounds on the bench press - the most among all wide receivers at the workout.

For the Seahawks, Harper's measurables, a willingness to initiate contact, a strong lower body that can handle a cornerback's press off the line of scrimmage and an ability to see defenses as a quarterback sees them translates into a player who can blossom into a productive playmaker given the right situation.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this guy. I'm definitely going to be pimping Chris Harper hard.

Quote:
Kansas State's Chris Harper recorded the highest Wonderlic intelligence test among receivers at the Combine, registering a 33 out of 50.

The fact is more interesting than indicative of NFL success, but it's another feather in the cap of an underrated pro prospect. Harper is a big (6-foot-1, 229), physical run-after-catch receiver with strong hands. He projects as a third- or fourth-round pick, but could develop into a quality No. 2/possession threat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: