Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's going to replace leroy hill's spot this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahawks12thman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Who's going to replace leroy hill's spot this year Reply with quote

with the Seahawks not likely resigning him. Who is going to be the replace him. Thoughts?
imani

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be between KJ Wright and Malcom Smith. I think they move wright over to WLB exclusively and start a rotation at SLB (likely a combination of Irvin, Avril and Ty Powell, or something similar)

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
thedudehi

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on Allen Bradford. In a recent radio interview, Pete Carroll singled him out as being a guy he is really excited about. Mentioned him running a 4.4-4.5 at 250 lbs, and had a great pre season game last year vs. Oakland before he was injured.
imani

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudehi wrote:
My money is on Allen Bradford. In a recent radio interview, Pete Carroll singled him out as being a guy he is really excited about. Mentioned him running a 4.4-4.5 at 250 lbs, and had a great pre season game last year vs. Oakland before he was injured.

I doubt it, personally. He was a running back just two years ago in college and is way too raw to make it out IMO. He'd become the immediate weak spot on our defense

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudehi wrote:

Not gonna happen. It seemed to me that Pete brought it up just to show the potential in the players on the team. Mike Morgan would start ahead of him if it wasn't Malcolm Smith.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no body, we will be running a lot of nickel and on run downs put cliff or someone there as a rush end, and Malcolm on other scenarios

Antonio Winfield

WINTER IS COMING
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WLB is the most invaluable position on the entire defense, which is why it essentially went untouched during the draft.

Rotoworld wrote:
Malcolm Smith is penciled in as the Seahawks' starting weak-side linebacker.

Smith was a nickel 'backer in 2012, recording 22 tackles and two pass breakups across 16 appearances (three starts). He'll be replacing Leroy Hill, who managed only 47 tackles last season. It's not a great situation for IDP value.

It will likely be a position without a real starter. Malcolm Smith will play there at times. Kam Chancellor will play there at times. KJ Wright will play there at times. Even Irvin/Avril could play there at times. It's really weird to say that no one is our starter at a starting position, but I think that's what we have here.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SoS is closest. Malcolm Smith will be listed as a starter and probably play the most snaps there. But I do think there's going to see quite a few snaps where we see Irvin at SLB and Wright playing the WLB.

Also, WLB is only the least valuable position in our defense because its the OLB Wright doesn't play. If Wright played WLB, SLB would be the least valuable position on the defense.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish they would tell Irvin to beef up some and fully convert him to SLB and move Wright to WLB. On running downs you could move Wright to SLB and take Irvin out, but it would significantly improve your pass rush on the plays that both guys are in.
silus

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this John Lotulelei kid. Could he be the dark horse in this competition?
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
What about this John Lotulelei kid. Could he be the dark horse in this competition?

I doubt it. Pete seems committed to lining up some pass rushers at LB on passing downs. KJ will slide over to WLB in those instances.

I also see the team running more nickel and bandit packages with Antoine Winfield and a healthy Winston Guy on the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: