Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Iron Man 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I can't say I was dissapointed with the movie. I certainly didn't expect the twist and I still am on the fence on how they changed such a major villain. I think my problem was that all of these movies will be compared to The Avengers now, and The Avengers was perfect. I do like Shane Black a lot, and I like the different feel he brought to this movie. It's just, I felt like it was a more serious movie and then the twist happened and for some reason the second half of the film just didn't have the same effect anymore that the first half had. Not to say this film was bad, because it is def a lot of fun and I would reccommend everyone go see it. I enjoyed it, but I think it could have been even better.

I didn't even compare it to the Avengers sadly... That's the bad part...

It's like they wanted it to stand alone, which is fine, but then consistently referred to "The events in New York" to remind you it's part of Phase II. I mean the whole anxiety issue? Absolutely moronic because it didn't serve for character development or anything. It was just to remind us... oh hey Iron Man is in this universe with a Hulk, Aliens and Gods...

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie is not very good...at all. Big letdown.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I can't say I was dissapointed with the movie. I certainly didn't expect the twist and I still am on the fence on how they changed such a major villain. I think my problem was that all of these movies will be compared to The Avengers now, and The Avengers was perfect. I do like Shane Black a lot, and I like the different feel he brought to this movie. It's just, I felt like it was a more serious movie and then the twist happened and for some reason the second half of the film just didn't have the same effect anymore that the first half had. Not to say this film was bad, because it is def a lot of fun and I would reccommend everyone go see it. I enjoyed it, but I think it could have been even better.

It's like they wanted it to stand alone, which is fine, but then consistently referred to "The events in New York" to remind you it's part of Phase II. I mean the whole anxiety issue? Absolutely moronic because it didn't serve for character development or anything. It was just to remind us... oh hey Iron Man is in this universe with a Hulk, Aliens and Gods...

Yeah, the anxiety was just... strange.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from seeing it in 3D (there were a bunch of showings sold out when I got there, good thing I went and got my tickets for it early), and I must say I really enjoyed it. I kinda liked the first 2 better, but it was an enjoyable flick nonetheless, and getting to watch it in 3D made it all the more enticing. The post-credits scene was a bit of a headscratcher, though. I would advise you NOT to sit through all the credits just to see it, trust me, it's NOT worth it, I even said as much afterwards. It has nothing to do with Avengers 2, or, hell, anything really.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I just got back from seeing it in 3D (there were a bunch of showings sold out when I got there, good thing I went and got my tickets for it early), and I must say I really enjoyed it. I kinda liked the first 2 better, but it was an enjoyable flick nonetheless, and getting to watch it in 3D made it all the more enticing. The post-credits scene was a bit of a headscratcher, though. I would advise you NOT to sit through all the credits just to see it, trust me, it's NOT worth it, I even said as much afterwards. It has nothing to do with Avengers 2, or, hell, anything really.

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:

It actually explains why the whole thing was a narrative film.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Reflecting on the movie today, if I could summarize it in one word id say "disappointment".

Now I didn't go in with high expectations or anything, but I enjoyed the first two, and this one... If I'm not mistaken it was a new director, and it felt that way. It not for the great cast and high tech cgi / camera shot, this would have been terrible.

Avengers I had big expectations, and it lived up to and beyond. Iron Man 3, in my eyes, was a disappointment.

The word I would use would be "unfocused". Had they cut the Pepper gets super powers, the kid sidekick, and actually played up the anxiety issues more, it would have been much more taut and a better narrative imo.

Not close to the first one, but I enjoyed this a lot more than Iron Man 2.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was great. I still like the first one the best but Shane Black >>>> Favreau. The script was fantastic and funny (not campy). My only major beef with it was what happened to Pepper at the end. I didn't have a problem with Tony solving her problem but I don't think they needed to go there as far as her getting powers. There were too many bad guys with it as it were anyway. Should've had just a few and made them more powerful.

I thought the twist with the Mandarin was flat out awesome. Never saw that coming and it took some cajones to pull that off. Normally I hate narration as well, but Black is arguably the best at it. The narration in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was outstanding which this conjured similar sentiment for. I'd imagine I might feel differently if I hadn't seen KKBB tho.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 90 rec. 1349 yds, 11 TDs
justo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this tonight. Really really liked it. I still don't get the motive for Mandarin, though..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Yeah, the anxiety was just... strange.

The anxiety I don't have any issues with. I mean, think about it. Tony is just a man in a suit, as Cap puts in in Avengers, and he almost sacrificed himself in order to save the planet. Going through what he went through, and knowing what he knows now after the NY incident, it's a lot to take in if you are just a regular guy. And really, as said before he is just a man, he doesn't have Super Solider Serum, he's not a Norse God, he's not a Gamma radiated beast. He can only build cool stuff. So that part didn't really bother me, it probably could have been a bit more focused as Duke said, but in the flow of the story it was fine IMO.

The more I think about it, the more I am ok with the Mandarin twist. For what they did with the film it did seem to make perfect sense. But still, just weird to see such a major villain end up as a total gimmick, when in the comics he is one of Iron Man's biggest enemies. It's just, when you have a big twist like that it can seem to diminish what you thought the movie was going to be. I thought Kingsley's Mandarin was going to be a big bad in the vein of TDK's Joker, but then it completely changed when the reveal actually happened. I guess that's why I'm still just on the fence about it, but like I said it's not bothering me as much as it was now.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
buno67

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the movie. I went into it with low expectations. so it was good.

I thought those super soldiers were a little too powerful. I didnt mind the ended with Pepper, I saw it coming when she was being tortured

I also didnt expect to see an Avengers 2 trailor. They will save it for the other movies that will be releasd closer to the avenger 2 movie. I could def see it coming during the thor 2 movie or possibly the hulk movie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
I liked the movie. I went into it with low expectations. so it was good.

I thought those super soldiers were a little too powerful. I didnt mind the ended with Pepper, I saw it coming when she was being tortured

I also didnt expect to see an Avengers 2 trailor. They will save it for the other movies that will be releasd closer to the avenger 2 movie. I could def see it coming during the thor 2 movie or possibly the hulk movie

There won't be a Hulk movie in Phase 2. It's going to be Thor 2, Cap 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy before Avengers 2. The rumor is Guardians will kinda play into Avengers 2 with the whole Thanos angle.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this for the most part, wasn't a fan of the ending though.

It sounds bad, but...

spoilers wrote:
I think the ending would've been better if Pepper died. The ending as is just seemed like a cheap video game where it gives you a bunch of stuff out of left field.

My feelings about it might change based on how the stuff from the ending plays out through the other movies, but by itself I just wasn't a fan.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, sadly.

*SPOILERS*

Either have her die, or don't have her fall and go through all that at all

The whole Mandarin switch thing was a little odd. It really changed the tone of the entire movie. My style is to usually keep it a little more on the serious side, but I'm ok with it I guess.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film is the perfect medium to experiment with characters from the book ESPECIALLY villains. I'm a diehard comics fan but I certainly don't expect every character to be portrayed exactly as in the comics. If you want the comics version, break out your comics. The Mandarin twist was fantastic and fits in perfectly with many things going on in our world as far as terrorism and putting a face on it. Killian's idea for it was brilliant.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 90 rec. 1349 yds, 11 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20

Jump to: