Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[3]INDIANA PACERS vs [6] ATL HAWKS GOTTA GO 2 WORK (x3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait there is Hawks Fans that still want to keep Josh Smith. Its time to let that go.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Wait there is Hawks Fans that still want to keep Josh Smith. Its time to let that go.

It wouldn't be a bad option if we seriously underpay for him. I'm talking like 7-8 mil a year lol.

I pretty much agree with all of what devils said btw. Sign and trade Josh and build through the draft and maybe make a good few FA signings.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
That should end Smoove's time in the ATL

I hope not, we're gonna be a crappy team without him.

It's better to rebuild, rather than being a 3-7 seed and be we getting to a conference finals IMO

Agreed. Josh is not a max player. Let some dumb GM give him a max deal. If he was going to become a great player then he would have done it in his first 9 years in the league. He is way too inconsistent to get any worth wile deal.

It doesnt matter if we are bad next year or not. Ferry is going to wait until he can sign a superstar. It might take a couple years, but he has a plan, and if that means we draft in the mid to late lotto next year, the so be it. It should be a very good draft, and we will be in position to snatch up a good player to go with Teague, Horford, Lou, Jenkins, Scott, and the two 1st rd picks this year(Steven Adams/Gorgui Deing and KCP/Jamaal Franklin please).

Whether he's great or not isn't the issue. He's the best player we have and the best option that atlanta has a chance with. The only way atlanta signs a better player is to give a max deal and hope a major team doesn't match it. We just don't have great basketball appeal.

I'd rather be a 3-5 seed every year for the next 5 and hope we get lucky and make a run then toil in mediocrity for the next 10.

He is not the best player on the team. Im guessing you didnt watch the Hawks at all this year. Horford went off without Joe Johnson on the team. He averaged 17 and 10 this year with 1 block and 1 steal a game. He is a top 20ish player in the game. Smith is one of the top 10 most talented players in the game, but if he hasnt learned to use his skill yet in 9 years in the league, then he isnt going to do it now.

Paying him the max would be just as bad as paying another player the max when they dont deserve it(JJ). Do you not know anything about the city of Atlanta? It is a huge destination for NBA players. What kept players from signing in the past was the problems with the ownership(which was confirmed by players like Chris Webber). We now have stable ownership, and we will be a major player for most superstars now. The city might be THE hub for the hip hop culture in the United States. Endorsement deals in the city for a guy like a CP3 or Dwight Howard would shoot through the roof with the amount of black residents in the city. We have 40 million dollars in cap, with only 5 players under contract. We are going to get a superstar, and not pay for an above average player just so we can be a 6th seed in the east, and pray we win a series. How did that work the past 5 years with JJ, Smoove, Horford, and Marvin? Didnt work out since we didnt have a superstar.

i watched plenty of games. and during those games, you see how smith is defended vs how horford is. a lot of our offense went through josh.hes the key to this team. Its not even a question who the better defender or passer is and rebounding is close. Horfords more consistent, josh is better.

And no one cares about basketball in atlanta, if we were playing the knicks or celtics or la there would have been more fans rooting for them than for atlanta. And not many players care about ownership, heck, look where chris paul said he wants to be and the clippers owner. Paul or Howard are extremely unlikely to sign here, as is the case with pretty much any other top 10-15 player. So, that leaves us to who are we gonna get. Saying paul or howard isnt realistic and shouldnt even be entertained. Both LA teams, Boston, Brooklyn, NY, Miami, and maybe San Antonio/Chicago/Dallas are all bigger draws for players. If a team cares about traditon we arent the choice, if he cares about "hip hop" Jay Z is attached with the Nets, we certainly arent the best market for basketball... so what do we have?

Again, Id rather sign josh and be a mid-high seed in the playoffs every year then hope for the unrealistic. I wouldnt be outraged at a max deal for him but even without one we can pay him more than others. If hes willing to resign with us, that pretty much guarantees us being among the best in the eastern conference.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

It wouldn't be a bad option if we seriously underpay for him. I'm talking like 7-8 mil a year lol.

I pretty much agree with all of what devils said btw. Sign and trade Josh and build through the draft and maybe make a good few FA signings.

You dont build through the draft in the nba unless youre absolutely horrible and have top 5 picks every year. Its all about trades and free agency.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

You dont build through the draft in the nba unless youre absolutely horrible and have top 5 picks every year. Its all about trades and free agency.

You are correct sir. We have 3 current players on roster for next year, what are you expecting?

I wouldn't mind trying to keep our core and doing what you're saying, if we can get a few other key contributors. I just don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

You are correct sir. We have 3 current players on roster for next year, what are you expecting?

I wouldn't mind trying to keep our core and doing what you're saying, if we can get a few other key contributors. I just don't see it happening.

Resign Smith, Z and Korver, we have two 1st round picks as well. Get a mid tier starter at SF or SG. or maybe even resign Harris.

C - Horford
PF - Smith
SF -
SG -
PG - Teague

Bench - Pachulia
Bench - Korver
Bench - Williams

Horford/Smith/Teague is a pretty strong core. If we can get one above averge starter through FA, we'd be set imo. If we can hit one on two of our 1st rounder, we'd be in the tier below Miami for the EC. Not a bad spot to be in.
El ramster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, who impressed you the most from Ind?

I'm telling you man. Josh is super talented and that man can defend.

Dude is strong. Sadly he isn't mentally there. Dude should be a top 10 player.

I really did think that he had turned it around when he had lost weight..

Another thing. Sometimes the word threadmill team gets tossed around. I really don't see it in Indiana as one. I see us as a top 3 team for the next 5 years.

Also, I think Atl presents a tougher challenge for Indiana.
Bigger and more athletic and Korver is a much harder guy to than Iman IMO.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Btw, who impressed you the most from Ind?

I'm telling you man. Josh is super talented and that man can defend.

Dude is strong. Sadly he isn't mentally there. Dude should be a top 10 player.

I really did think that he had turned it around when he had lost weight..

Another thing. Sometimes the word threadmill team gets tossed around. I really don't see it in Indiana as one. I see us as a top 3 team for the next 5 years.

Also, I think Atl presents a tougher challenge for Indiana.
Bigger and more athletic and Korver is a much harder guy to than Iman IMO.

Indiana can be a great team. I think George has the ability to take over games, but your offense needs to run through the bigs a lot. West and Hibbert need to score 15-20 a piece IMO if you want to compete with the Knicks/Heat.

Like I said before, Josh could be a "superstar" but he's got the mental game of a middle schooler.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Resign Smith, Z and Korver, we have two 1st round picks as well. Get a mid tier starter at SF or SG. or maybe even resign Harris.

C - Horford
PF - Smith
SF -
SG -
PG - Teague

Bench - Pachulia
Bench - Korver
Bench - Williams

Horford/Smith/Teague is a pretty strong core. If we can get one above averge starter through FA, we'd be set imo. If we can hit one on two of our 1st rounder, we'd be in the tier below Miami for the EC. Not a bad spot to be in.

Teague and Smith are just so damn inconsistent. One game Teague hits 75% of his shots and gets a double double, then the next 3 games he scores 20 points combined and doesn't even get 10 assists in all 3 combined. Smith is the same but switch assists to rebounds.

Btw Teague is a restricted free agent so its no guarantee he comes back. If I had my way, we would re-sign Korver, Zaza, Scott, Teague OR Harris and rebuild from there.

Then our roster would look like this:
Zaza Pachulia, C
Mike Scott, PF
John Jenkins, SG
Lou Williams, Combo G
Kyle Korver, SG/SF
Al Horford, PF (his rightful position)
Jeff Teague PG /Devin Harris PG

Hopefully get something in a sign and trade for Smith.

Then we could sign a few FAs, either cheap veterans or pay big for guys like Mayo or someone of similar caliber. Hopefully CP3 comes on the market.

Then the draft

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

C - Horford
PF - Smith
SF -
SG -
PG - Teague

Bench - Pachulia
Bench - Korver
Bench - Williams

Teague and Smith are just so damn inconsistent. One game Teague hits 75% of his shots and gets a double double, then the next 3 games he scores 20 points combined and doesn't even get 10 assists in all 3 combined. Smith is the same but switch assists to rebounds.

Btw Teague is a restricted free agent so its no guarantee he comes back. If I had my way, we would re-sign Korver, Zaza, Scott, Teague OR Harris and rebuild from there.

Then our roster would look like this:
Zaza Pachulia, C
Mike Scott, PF
John Jenkins, SG
Lou Williams, Combo G
Kyle Korver, SG/SF
Al Horford, PF (his rightful position)
Jeff Teague PG /Devin Harris PG

Hopefully get something in a sign and trade for Smith.

Then we could sign a few FAs, either cheap veterans or pay big for guys like Mayo or someone of similar caliber. Hopefully CP3 comes on the market.

Then the draft

Without Smith that looks like a pretty bad roster. Again, its extremely unlikely we get a true superstar. Theres not enough of them and we dont have the draw. Unless we get lucky through the lottery system, we're gonna suck but not suck enough to get someone meaningful through the draft.
El ramster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank for wiggins

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo rammy. I got some of that Shock Top Apple Crisp for tonight.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo rammy. I got some of that Shock Top Apple Crisp for tonight.
El ramster

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man

BBL

mozwanted wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47

Jump to: