Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D-Wash suspected to be involved in domestic dispute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could pretty easily plead not guilty just by saying this girl is insane basically. I'm worried about it but he's gonna have a good lawyer and I think he'll get out of it somehow.
rickyp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DieHardCard wrote:
khodder wrote:
We are not cutting Daryl. Seriously. It should not even be considered an option.

Remember this is the business of winning football games.

Well the police report states that the victim suffered a broken clavicle and was choked by DW in the alleged assault for which he was arrested. It does not look good. I have to believe there is a point where an organization draws a line and will cut ties with even its best player on defense. To say it won't even be considered is premature. He could be doing some serious time behind bars.

It's not premature when he is 26 and just led linebackers in sacks. Theirs a line for non star and a line for stars. Lets just say the line for stars has never been reached. It will not be considered period

I can't accept that, at all.

I'll preface this by saying that I believe he has every right to remain innocent until proven guilty. However, if he is found to be guilty of some horrendous crime (i.e. assaulting a woman, as is alleged), and the team does nothing about it, then I lose a lot of respect for this team.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DieHardCard wrote:
khodder wrote:
We are not cutting Daryl. Seriously. It should not even be considered an option.

Well the police report states that the victim suffered a broken clavicle and was choked by DW in the alleged assault for which he was arrested. It does not look good. I have to believe there is a point where an organization draws a line and will cut ties with even its best player on defense. To say it won't even be considered is premature. He could be doing some serious time behind bars.

It's not premature when he is 26 and just led linebackers in sacks. Theirs a line for non star and a line for stars. Lets just say the line for stars has never been reached. It will not be considered period

I'll preface this by saying that I believe he has every right to remain innocent until proven guilty. However, if he is found to be guilty of some horrendous crime (i.e. assaulting a woman, as is alleged), and the team does nothing about it, then I lose a lot of respect for this team.

I'm not saying the team should do nothing, just not to the extent of cutting him. Cutting him is just absurd.

And I'm sorry but some players are more expendable with these things. If Zach Nash were to do this, he would be cut immediately. Even if he were found innocent.
rickyp

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
rickyp wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DieHardCard wrote:
khodder wrote:

I'm not saying the team should do nothing, just not to the extent of cutting him. Cutting him is just absurd.

And I'm sorry but some players are more expendable with these things. If Zach Nash were to do this, he would be cut immediately. Even if he were found innocent.

Yep, you're right. What I disagree with however is not the fact it happens, but that it happens. If you consider an offence to be worthy of cutting a player, then this should apply from top to bottom.

Secondly, I'm also not saying the team should cut him, I'm not even saying the team should suspend him, I'm saying we wait until we discover all of the facts and then act.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
rickyp wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DieHardCard wrote:
khodder wrote:

Yep, you're right. What I disagree with however is not the fact it happens, but that it happens. If you consider an offence to be worthy of cutting a player, then this should apply from top to bottom.

Secondly, I'm also not saying the team should cut him, I'm not even saying the team should suspend him, I'm saying we wait until we discover all of the facts and then act.

I completely agree with you here as well. I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying its what happens. It should be from top to bottom, but it never will be.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't condone what he did (obviously), and if true, I hope we do not release him. Clearly biased because the dude is a stud on the field, but if an organization like the Pittsburgh Steelers can put up with three Big Ben incidents, we can put up with this. He needs to get his life together.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty bad listening to the details from the podcast earlier today. Cuts & scratches can seen as self-defense but she has broken bones and taking her cell phone could be motive to avoid a 911 call.

He does have a 10M bonus due on March 1st next year...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Sounds pretty bad listening to the details from the podcast earlier today. Cuts & scratches can seen as self-defense but she has broken bones and taking her cell phone could be motive to avoid a 911 call.

Hey if someone threw a plant at your car and then tried to get in, would pushing them away be considered "Self Defense"?

There also seems to be inconsistencies in the probable cause statement;

It opens with the victim stating she was pushed from the left hand side which broke her right clavicle when she fell; it then later states she said she was pushed from behind.

None of this is good, but to me the entire thing seems to have started with a complete non-event; Daryl going to Dairy Queen with his daughter.

I would not be at all surprised if the probable cause statement leaves out some important events in the lead up to this incident.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont let the truth get involved in a story.

Way too early to call this one.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lot of stuff to factor in when you talk about DV. Never just black and white, lets let the evidence come forward and hold judgement until we have the full facts.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

If someone threw a punch at me my self defense would be to beat the crap out of them.
GJT1347

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

If someone threw a punch at me my self defense would be to beat the crap out of them.

yeaaa, if you are a 26 year old in peak physical condition, you would "beat the crap" out of a girl in "self-defense" if she threw a punch at you. real smart. Obviously people deserve 2nd chances, but to defend someone who (allegedly) beat a woman just because he gets your team a couple sacks is pretty sad.

Props to Palooka ^
shawn

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple = 2

D-wash had 9 sacks last year...which is 4.5 couples! Now do you see why we feel the need to defend him?

Obviously I'm just joking...I am pretty disgusted by his actions. This entire offseason has been very disappointing for me. I don't have a very good feeling about this teams future.

sig made by mike23md
magnuu

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still don't know what happened. If she attacked him and he pushed her off, after which she fell to the ground, I wouldn't qualify that as beating the crap out of her. Off course, It's quite likely he did more then that.
It's best not to speculate.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

yeaaa, if you are a 26 year old in peak physical condition, you would "beat the crap" out of a girl in "self-defense" if she threw a punch at you. real smart. Obviously people deserve 2nd chances, but to defend someone who (allegedly) beat a woman just because he gets your team a couple sacks is pretty sad.

I'm exaggerating. It could easily be self defense. I believe that human instinct when attacked is fight or flight, Daryl chose fight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: