Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle's Future Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
WR Doug Baldwin (RFA)
DL Michael Bennett
CB Brandon Browner (RFA)

RT Breno Giacomini????
LS Clint Gresham
OL Lemuel Jeanpierre

S Jeron Johnson
FS Chris Maragos
DT Clinton McDonald (RFA)

FB Michael Robinson
WR Golden Tate
CB Antoine Winfield

Those are the players i think are likely to return after their contract expires. Bold is guaranteed in my mind
Browner is a guarantee? I'd say 65-35 he leaves. Maragos is gone once we draft a more capable backup FS.

He is in my mind. Will he come back on a big contract? I doubt it, but i think he will be back to at least compete. This is still a guy who posted 6 picks in a season and creates a game winning turnover every year(giants, panthers, etc). He'll be back IMO, on a 1-2 year deal, then he's gone
Browner will be 29. No way he takes anything less than a 3 year deal. He'll be looking for 4-5 years

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is we throw a 2nd round tender on him. If we get lucky, someone bites. If not, we keep him for one more year and then he's gone

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
WR Doug Baldwin (RFA)
DL Michael Bennett
CB Brandon Browner (RFA)

RT Breno Giacomini????
LS Clint Gresham
OL Lemuel Jeanpierre

S Jeron Johnson
FS Chris Maragos

FB Michael Robinson
WR Golden Tate
CB Antoine Winfield

Those are the players i think are likely to return after their contract expires. Bold is guaranteed in my mind
Browner is a guarantee? I'd say 65-35 he leaves. Maragos is gone once we draft a more capable backup FS.

He is in my mind. Will he come back on a big contract? I doubt it, but i think he will be back to at least compete. This is still a guy who posted 6 picks in a season and creates a game winning turnover every year(giants, panthers, etc). He'll be back IMO, on a 1-2 year deal, then he's gone
Browner will be 29. No way he takes anything less than a 3 year deal. He'll be looking for 4-5 years

not sure who the hell would give it to em, because he's nowhere near as valuable to the league as he is to us

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
WR Doug Baldwin (RFA)
DL Michael Bennett
CB Brandon Browner (RFA)

RT Breno Giacomini????
LS Clint Gresham
OL Lemuel Jeanpierre

S Jeron Johnson
FS Chris Maragos

FB Michael Robinson
WR Golden Tate
CB Antoine Winfield

not sure who the hell would give it to em, because he's nowhere near as valuable to the league as he is to us
you don't think there's a couple teams out there that would offer him 2.5 a year over 4 years? That's kinda delusional

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
WR Doug Baldwin (RFA)
DL Michael Bennett
CB Brandon Browner (RFA)

RT Breno Giacomini????
LS Clint Gresham
OL Lemuel Jeanpierre

S Jeron Johnson
FS Chris Maragos

FB Michael Robinson
WR Golden Tate
CB Antoine Winfield

you don't think there's a couple teams out there that would offer him 2.5 a year over 4 years? That's kinda delusional

If he's only going to ask for 2.5 a year...he's staying in my eyes, especially with the way we backload/incentive deals. No agent that has a pro bowler for a client is going to allow 4 years 10 million

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we would keep him for that price. He's pretty expendable at this point with the way we've been drafting cornerbacks.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner's abilities and strengths are highlighted in our defensive scheme. If he does leave he will not be the same CB. He is above average zone/ Press guy with below average speed.

It would be in Browners best interest to stay here with a team friendly deal. Even if its a 3 year 12M he will be able to get the full amount here. If he goes to another team he will get cut after the first year.

As for the rest of the players Sos posted on, look for Baldwin to be traded in preseason. Thurmond gets cut or traded.

Bennett gets resigned after Rice and Red get restructured. Earl Thomas signs his extention a week into mini camp.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Rice and Miller to restructure. I expect Red to be cut.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to somehow keep Tate, but I don't see him taking a big enough discount to stay with the team.

Kempes

#JDI
silus

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle's Future Outlook Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

So far the biggest salary mistake John has made in this era is resigning Red Bryant to a 5 year, 35 million dollar contract. Some may debate this, but what Bryant brings as a run defender does not outweigh what he lacks as a pass rusher, and thus was severely overpaid considering what he brings to the team.

Seahawks lost 0 games due to lack of pass rush. Actually, they were kicking the crap out of teams when their pass rush was at it's lowest production level. Now, regarding run defense... Its pretty clear that for all the strengths the Seahawks have, their run defense was a clear weakness at the end of the season and through the playoffs when they were giving up 5.4 yards per carry. That is the big reason why they struggled against the Redskins and lost to the Falcons. I don't know what Red Bryant is worth, but I wouldn't underestimate the importance of run defense for this team. I think it is the only thing stopping a Superbowl push.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle's Future Outlook Reply with quote

silus wrote:
SoS wrote:

So far the biggest salary mistake John has made in this era is resigning Red Bryant to a 5 year, 35 million dollar contract. Some may debate this, but what Bryant brings as a run defender does not outweigh what he lacks as a pass rusher, and thus was severely overpaid considering what he brings to the team.

Seahawks lost 0 games due to lack of pass rush. Actually, they were kicking the crap out of teams when their pass rush was at it's lowest production level. Now, regarding run defense... Its pretty clear that for all the strengths the Seahawks have, their run defense was a clear weakness at the end of the season and through the playoffs when they were giving up 5.4 yards per carry. That is the big reason why they struggled against the Redskins and lost to the Falcons. I don't know what Red Bryant is worth, but I wouldn't underestimate the importance of run defense for this team. I think it is the only thing stopping a Superbowl push.

So you say our D sucked last but that we should keep the guy we have to stop the run?

That makes zero sense. Red was like playing a man down on D for more of last season. He brings ZERO pass rush, if hes not the best run stuffing DE in football hes a MASSIVE liability.

I fully expect Red to be cut after this season, if it was for the fact his cap hit would sky rocket if we cut him I think he would be out of a job before the regular season.

I love the guy but hes become a liability and not the rock he was 2 years ago.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle's Future Outlook Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
silus wrote:
SoS wrote:

So you say our D sucked last but that we should keep the guy we have to stop the run?

That makes zero sense. Red was like playing a man down on D for more of last season. He brings ZERO pass rush, if hes not the best run stuffing DE in football hes a MASSIVE liability.

I fully expect Red to be cut after this season, if it was for the fact his cap hit would sky rocket if we cut him I think he would be out of a job before the regular season.

I love the guy but hes become a liability and not the rock he was 2 years ago.

This defense has massive pass rush issues. With all of the athletes that it now has, it may be better suited to generate more pass rush at the expense of its size.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
I'd love to somehow keep Tate, but I don't see him taking a big enough discount to stay with the team.

i agree, i could see him ending up with Tom or Cam newton

WINTER IS COMING
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're taking a narrow view by looking at a group of UFAs in one offseason. General Managers look at multiple years & make decisions based on short term needs & long term necessities.

Next offseason, it won't make sense to resign Golden Tate, or really any members of that group unless it's on 1 year team friendly deals.

The offseason that looms is 2015, when Earl Thomas, K.J. Wright & Richard Sherman's deals are set to expire. Now, an extension could be pursued with either at the conclusion of next season. That's the lapse of their 3 year rookie window. But the money needs to be saved for these major resignings, Russell Wilson's 2nd Contract & Russell Okung in 2016.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
You're taking a narrow view by looking at a group of UFAs in one offseason. General Managers look at multiple years & make decisions based on short term needs & long term necessities.

Next offseason, it won't make sense to resign Golden Tate, or really any members of that group unless it's on 1 year team friendly deals.

The offseason that looms is 2015, when Earl Thomas, K.J. Wright & Richard Sherman's deals are set to expire. Now, an extension could be pursued with either at the conclusion of next season. That's the lapse of their 3 year rookie window. But the money needs to be saved for these major resignings, Russell Wilson's 2nd Contract & Russell Okung in 2016.

I'm not done. I'll be writing a piece on 2015 and beyond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: