Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Earl Wolff, S, NC State - Round 5, Pick 3 (136th Overall)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.

Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?

Same reason RGIII threw less picks his first year in the NFL than he did his last year in college......Improvement.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Same reason RGIII threw less picks his first year in the NFL than he did his last year in college......Improvement.

And that's your problem. You think that is the norm. Sorry to break it to you, it's not. It's the exception.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

And that's your problem. You think that is the norm. Sorry to break it to you, it's not. It's the exception.

And that's your problem. You think absolutely no player can improve and you also have trouble understanding context, because everything you're saying is off.

You asked what would make us think Wolff could get better against the pass in the NFL.....and I said improvement. How do you not understand the meaning of my post?

Literally the biggest pessimist out there. You're like Nancy the Negative Troll

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman

The only way Wolff has a small chance to start at SS is if Chung gets hurt.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman

Chung has never finished an entire season so far in his career... I hate to say it, but if Wolff is the back up, there is a pretty good chance he might get some starts.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman

Chung has never finished an entire season so far in his career... I hate to say it, but if Wolff is the back up, there is a pretty good chance he might get some starts.

He won't be the starter going into the season, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we given up on Nate the Great yet?

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:

I don't think so. He will compete with Phillips. If Davis lets him play more of a centerfielder role instead of coming up in the box all the time he could still prove to be a solid safety.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
RBrown86 wrote:

I don't think so. He will compete with Phillips. If Davis lets him play more of a centerfielder role instead of coming up in the box all the time he could still prove to be a solid safety.

I would hope they would do that. But I think I remember Kelly saying that they won't have traditional FS/SS roles but rather guys who can do both equally well so that they can disguise the coverages better.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
SiLo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate is a true FS, putting him in the box was a terrible idea. He was a true center-field FS his whole college career.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the 76'ers are interested in Wolff, too.
Or, at least, they should be.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1635691-watch-as-eagles-rookie-safety-earl-wolff-leaps-onto-a-5-foot-8-shelf

#withease
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman

He won't be the starter going into the season, though.

Why do you think Wolff can't beat out Chung in TC?

What makes you think Chung is some sure thing? He has talent, sure, but dude is as inconsistent as they come and has been declining the past couple years rather than the contrary. I like Chung and think he could be good, but I think Wolff is gonna be better, and will even be better as a rookie.

Better tackler than Chung and is very likely going to be better than him in coverage already as well.

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Apparently, the 76'ers are interested in Wolff, too.
Or, at least, they should be.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1635691-watch-as-eagles-rookie-safety-earl-wolff-leaps-onto-a-5-foot-8-shelf

#withease

We could make a better Sixers team with Eagles players. Isn't Boykin a pretty good player?

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: