Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Earl Wolff, S, NC State - Round 5, Pick 3 (136th Overall)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EagleBlueDon


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.
_________________
Respect is not given, it is earned. --Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6264
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.


Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7344
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.


Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?


Same reason RGIII threw less picks his first year in the NFL than he did his last year in college......Improvement.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6264
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.


Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?


Same reason RGIII threw less picks his first year in the NFL than he did his last year in college......Improvement.


And that's your problem. You think that is the norm. Sorry to break it to you, it's not. It's the exception.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7344
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
I haven't seen anything in Wolff's tape that suggests that he's anywhere near poor in the pass game. Birdman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wolff is about as balanced a safety there is in this class. H8ers gonna h8.


Wolff has a strong first step downhill, in the run game. He doesn't react well laterally. He struggles to change direction in space. Lacks a second gear to stay with faster TE's and Receivers. If Wollf was as balanced a safety as you claim from watching his "tape", he would have went much higher in the daft. This is the reason he dropped, he does have holes in his game as does every player coming out this year. It's perfectly fine to recognize our players short comings. To see how they improve and progress in their career.
Just because the Eagles drafted a player doesn't mean he is going to the HoF or be "great" in his first year.
Wolff struggled against the pass in college. What would lead you to believe he won't struggle against the best players in the world in his rookie year?


Same reason RGIII threw less picks his first year in the NFL than he did his last year in college......Improvement.


And that's your problem. You think that is the norm. Sorry to break it to you, it's not. It's the exception.



And that's your problem. You think absolutely no player can improve and you also have trouble understanding context, because everything you're saying is off.

You asked what would make us think Wolff could get better against the pass in the NFL.....and I said improvement. How do you not understand the meaning of my post?

Literally the biggest pessimist out there. You're like Nancy the Negative Troll
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 11882
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman


The only way Wolff has a small chance to start at SS is if Chung gets hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles $5$


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 24113
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman


The only way Wolff has a small chance to start at SS is if Chung gets hurt.

Chung has never finished an entire season so far in his career... I hate to say it, but if Wolff is the back up, there is a pretty good chance he might get some starts.
_________________


TommyC376 on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 11882
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman


The only way Wolff has a small chance to start at SS is if Chung gets hurt.

Chung has never finished an entire season so far in his career... I hate to say it, but if Wolff is the back up, there is a pretty good chance he might get some starts.


He won't be the starter going into the season, though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22714
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we given up on Nate the Great yet?
_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5583
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
Have we given up on Nate the Great yet?


I don't think so. He will compete with Phillips. If Davis lets him play more of a centerfielder role instead of coming up in the box all the time he could still prove to be a solid safety.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JayAp07


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 2549
Location: Wilmington DE Silo on the sig
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
RBrown86 wrote:
Have we given up on Nate the Great yet?


I don't think so. He will compete with Phillips. If Davis lets him play more of a centerfielder role instead of coming up in the box all the time he could still prove to be a solid safety.


I would hope they would do that. But I think I remember Kelly saying that they won't have traditional FS/SS roles but rather guys who can do both equally well so that they can disguise the coverages better.
_________________


2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SiLo


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 11286
Location: Dade County
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate is a true FS, putting him in the box was a terrible idea. He was a true center-field FS his whole college career.
_________________

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6777
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the 76'ers are interested in Wolff, too.
Or, at least, they should be.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1635691-watch-as-eagles-rookie-safety-earl-wolff-leaps-onto-a-5-foot-8-shelf

#withease
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7344
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Wolff and Chung will be competing for the starting SS job. Not sure what's gonna happen with Coleman and Colt. I know we resigned Colt...but right now we have six safeties on the roster and normally you only keep 4.

Kenny Phillips
Nate Allen
Pat Chung
Earl Wolff
Colt Anderson
Kurt Coleman


The only way Wolff has a small chance to start at SS is if Chung gets hurt.

Chung has never finished an entire season so far in his career... I hate to say it, but if Wolff is the back up, there is a pretty good chance he might get some starts.


He won't be the starter going into the season, though.



Why do you think Wolff can't beat out Chung in TC?

What makes you think Chung is some sure thing? He has talent, sure, but dude is as inconsistent as they come and has been declining the past couple years rather than the contrary. I like Chung and think he could be good, but I think Wolff is gonna be better, and will even be better as a rookie.

Better tackler than Chung and is very likely going to be better than him in coverage already as well.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Apparently, the 76'ers are interested in Wolff, too.
Or, at least, they should be.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1635691-watch-as-eagles-rookie-safety-earl-wolff-leaps-onto-a-5-foot-8-shelf

#withease

We could make a better Sixers team with Eagles players. Isn't Boykin a pretty good player?
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group