Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering, with McKinnie now off the market, who in the world is gonna play LT for you guys? There seems to be no one left out there and looking down your roster, I don't see one there either. I thought for sure that would be the #1 position the Chargers would address in the offseason.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I was just wondering, with McKinnie now off the market, who in the world is gonna play LT for you guys? There seems to be no one left out there and looking down your roster, I don't see one there either. I thought for sure that would be the #1 position the Chargers would address in the offseason.

King Dunlap who our Oline coach loves. Could sign Starks or Bell who blossomed with JD'A

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

Limited resources (having a parasite like Jared Gaither sucking the life out of your cap space doesn't help matters any), there was no way we were trading into the top 4 to get one of the three top tackles in the draft, and aside from McKinnie thus far all the starting caliber LOT's have commanded more than we can frankly afford to pay them ( >$4-5m/yr). Our coaching staff and specifically our OL coach took a really close look at Terron Armstead, and maybe they were counting on him sliding to them in the 3rd before the Saints snatched him 1 pick ahead of us (story of our lives when it comes to potential franchise LT's - Houston traded one pick ahead of us to steal Duane Brown one year), but they obviously didn't feel he was so great of an improvement over Dunlap as to merit using yet another pick in this past draft to trade up above the Saints and secure Terron.

But ultimately, you can't draft what's not available to you to draft or sign what you don't have the resources available to sign. If our guard play sees a boost this season and Rivers can actually step up into the pocket without being immediately met by a penetrating defender, then the tackle situation won't be as noticeable as it was last season.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: