Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the rookies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Rank the rookies Reply with quote

Now that they have teams it should be easier...

Rank them however you want top 5 RB, WR, QB, TE....

Top 5 or 10 impact THIS year...

Top 5 or 10 Dynasty league

However you want, just interested to hear some thoughts.

Saw somewhere a ranking of the top 5 of Bernard, Austin, Lacy, Ball and Patterson... agree?

Thoughts on Le'Veon Ball dynasty impact?

Anyway... hope to get a lot of input.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Year?

QB:
NONE

RB:
1.Le'Veon Bell/Pittsburgh
2.Giovani Bernard/Cincinnati
3.Latavious Murray/Oakland
4.Eddie Lacy/Green Bay
5.Zac Stacy/St Louis

*bell should surpass Dwyer as the main option in camp, but I dont see a great rushing year ahead. Bernard will split carries with BGE. Murray's PT will depend on the health of McFadden. Lacy will probably get the nod as starter, but I see Franklin vulturing carries, and Stacy should work his way into the starter role, but it might take him a while. None are worth more than a flex option.

WR:
1.Tavon Austin/St Louis
2.Josh Boyce/New England
3.Keenan Allen/San Diego
4.Justin Hunter/Tennessee
5.Terrance Williams/Dallas

*Austin will be the main receiver in STL, and will also receive some rushes from the team(solid #2 option). I think Boyce will end up in the Welker role. He might not have a huge impact early, but by midseason, I could see him as a top 15 fantasy receiver. Allen will be the most reliable target in SD. His totals will depend on what Rivers shows up. Hunter should be the best receiver for Tenn. His numbers will depend on Locker. Flex at best on good days. Williams could be higher depending on Miles Austin. If Austin is hurt(like normal) then I could see Williams as a flex option.

TE:
1.Tyler Eifert/Cincinnati
2.Travis Kelce/Kansas City
3.Zach Ertz/Philadelphia

*Eifert should be the #2 target for Dalton, but no one knows the packages he will be in with Gresham as the primary TE. Kelce should be the best TE option for a Reid team. I expect him to pass Moecki quickly. Ertz is there because I dont see any other TE making any impact at all this year.

Top 5 Overall Rookies for 2013(standard points):
1.Tavon Austin/WR/St Louis(120-140 points)
2.Le'Veon Bell/RB/Pittsburgh(100-125 points)
3.Josh Boyce/WR/New England(100-125 points)
4.Keenan Allen/WR/San Diego(90-110 points)
5.Tyler Eifert/TE/Cincinnati(90-100 points)

KEEPERS(none are worth keepers after the 2013 season):

QB:
NONE

RB:
1.Marcus Lattimore/San Francisco
2.Le'Veon Bell/Pittsburgh
3.Zac Stacy/St Louis

WR:
1.Keenan Allen/San Diego
2.Tavon Austin/St Louis
3.Josh Boyce/New England

TE:
1.Travis Kelce/Kansas City
2.Gavin Escobar/Dallas

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff devils...

My main concern is in a dynasty league that carries close to 30 from year to year (thats w 2 IR slots and 2 taxi slots)...

So I am mainly concerned with future production although I could use a RB for bye weeks this year.

I draft 5th who do you think would go top 4 in this type of league?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Great stuff devils...

My main concern is in a dynasty league that carries close to 30 from year to year (thats w 2 IR slots and 2 taxi slots)...

So I am mainly concerned with future production although I could use a RB for bye weeks this year.

It all depends on who you have now, but Id definitely go after Austin with your first selection. He is going to get points no matter what. After that is a blur. If you can do IR, then Id go on a limb and take Lattimore. He will be on IR all of 2013, but 2014 and 2015 could see him as a top 10 back, depending on if Gore is still there. After that, its hard to say. Bell could grow into a feature back, same as others. It all depends on the coaches, and how much they believe in a 2 back system. I would bet money on Boyce becoming a huge target for Brady as long as he learns the system. He will be perfect in the slot role for New England, and you know what that means for that offense.

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have pick #s 5, 17, 18 and 23.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At #5 if Bernard Austin Lacy and Bell are gone. Who would you take?
Don't worry about need.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Mich_fan20

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Don't worry about need.

Patterson? Probably the biggest future upside of all WR's available. Keenan Allen wouldn't be bad either.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mich_fan20 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Don't worry about need.

Patterson? Probably the biggest future upside of all WR's available. Keenan Allen wouldn't be bad either.

Thanks.

I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about Patterson.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wudake

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans?
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wudake wrote:
What do you guys think of DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans?

i think he walks right into camp as the #2 WR, but they still have Foster and Tate so they will continue to be a run-first team imo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Great stuff devils...

If you only need bye week/injury RBs you should strongly consider Lattimore in a dynasty situation. It's a high risk/reward pick but I'm always thinking at least a year ahead.

I'm expecting Murray to rise up fantasy boards as the summer goes on. He's got three down skills as the clear handcuff behind a fragile, contract year starter.

I've got Franklin higher than Lacy on my board. Franklin is a perfect fit in GB, Lacy could be pushed into a short yardage/goaline only role. The way I see it Lacy is sapping Franklin's value, not the way it's commonly viewed.

Andre Ellington really has a chance to emerge as a great sleeper threat in that banged up Arizona backfield. Probably never gonna be an everydown guy but neither is Darren Sproles and he's got plenty of fantasy value.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's going to be significant impact from any Quarterback, and I'm hesitant to embrace any of the rookie running backs. Bell seems to have a good shot in pittsburgh, but all the rookies are carrying several position/team questions that make me uncomfortable with them. I wasn't a fan of lacy, but he has a solid chance at doing a little bit at least; though he seems to be strictly a 2 down back.

I think wide receiver is where the money is going to be at. I really like several of the wide receivers even though it really isn't a plug and play position like running back. Love Austin, i think he comes in and makes the biggest immediate impact. If Steadman Bailey wins another wide receiver spot for the rams, I think he could have a good year, though I think Givens has the inside track.

Love Keenan Allen and going to san diego. I think he's a super polished receiver and will definitely be plug and play. Very good compliment to the likes of Floyd and Brown. Not sure if there will be enough looks his way if Gates is healthy though. Really liked Justin Hunter's potential; just don't like his quarterback.

After Austin though, I think Hopkins has the most upside. Across from Johnson, Schaub is a serviceable quarterback, and due to the injury to posey, cutting of Walter, and general overall lack of depth on the team at the position, and he should walk into the starting spot. Another guy to maybe take a flyer on would be Markus Wheaton, who could very easily put up similar Mike Wallace type numbers if they use him deep.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
turf2grass

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell everyone how my PPR Dynasty is playing out so far. This is not necessarily my rankings just how it has fallen for the first half of round 1.
Austin
Patterson
Ball
Manuel
Bell

With the lack of elite talent I think dynasty leagues this year will be drafted for need more then ever before.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turf2grass wrote:
I can tell everyone how my PPR Dynasty is playing out so far. This is not necessarily my rankings just how it has fallen for the first half of round 1.
Austin
Patterson
Ball
Manuel
Bell

With the lack of elite talent I think dynasty leagues this year will be drafted for need more then ever before.

Manuel 4th? Wow that's surprising.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Baixis

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch a rookie QB or a rookie TE.

Keenan Allen should be the #1 WR in SD by mid-season(if not the start of the season!) and Austin will see a lot of targets too. I also like Hopkins and would watch Williams in Dallas (could do what Robinson did a couple years, which would definitely be worth a drat pick). I like Woods a lot too, but no sure what Manuel will do, so I wouldn't draft him, but would keep an eye on him. I don't like any other rookie WRs.

RB is great this year! No Peterson's for sure, and probably not any Doug Martin's and Alfred Morris', but I personally will consider quite a few as draftable:

Ball should be #1 in Denver, and with Manning and those WRs, things will be open for him!

Bell will get a lot of carries in Pitt.

Stepfan Taylor should win the job in Arizona, IMO, and be Flex worthy. I don't like Mendenhall. I like Williams to rebound and Ellington as a scatback type (though I can't help but see Felix Jones in him), but Taylor was my favorite RB this year, and has everything a top RB needs except speed. If Palmer can actually keep defense honest (and he should be able to with those WRs!) and the OL improves a little, Taylor should be the consistent, get-positive-yards, do-everything-well type of back that Arians likes. Bruce did get Mendenhall to produce in Pitt. He had a nice rookie RB in Indy last year too, so he's not afraid of young guys.

Bernard should be Flex worthy in PPR leagues, but will lose TDs to BGE.

I like Lacy and Franklin both, but wouldn't draft either yet. Keep an eye on them though to see if one really takes the lead. For that offense, I personally think Franklin will end up being the main man. Kind of like Sproles and even Thomas are worth more in NO than Ingram.

I would draft Randle as a handcuff to Murray, and expect starter numbers if Murray gets hurt.

I also think Stacy has a good chance to start in StL, but maybe not week 1-4. Looks a lot like Doug Martin to me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: