Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Jaguar Talk v.3 (Jacksonville Grumpy Cat Edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
We had a bit of an incident on Monday during our bowling league. The winner of the division of the 1st half of the league plays the winner of the 2nd half but before that we had our positioning round, we were in 1st place going up against the 2nd place team this half(who already won the first half) if we win 1 game we move to the roll-off, Top-8 teams advance out of 54, we won Game 1 and then the other team tanked it, throwing left-handed or straight. This sucks because it lowers their average and makes their handicap higher which gives them a better chance to beat us this Monday. The league coordinator said it isnt a big deal because it wont be alot of pins...WTF? There is $1200 on the line per person and you dont see this as a big deal?

If you guys get burned, the new rule will be named after you. It's not $1200 wing wangs, but it's something.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team average went down 8 pins...in 1 night, we have been bowling for 35 weeks, that is how hard they tanked. They threw 5 gutterballs over the last 4 frames, if we lose by 8 or less, I'm gonna get kicked out of the league because I'm gonna wreck that place...and i use to work there so who cares?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
We had a bit of an incident on Monday during our bowling league. The winner of the division of the 1st half of the league plays the winner of the 2nd half but before that we had our positioning round, we were in 1st place going up against the 2nd place team this half(who already won the first half) if we win 1 game we move to the roll-off, Top-8 teams advance out of 54, we won Game 1 and then the other team tanked it, throwing left-handed or straight. This sucks because it lowers their average and makes their handicap higher which gives them a better chance to beat us this Monday. The league coordinator said it isnt a big deal because it wont be alot of pins...WTF? There is $1200 on the line per person and you dont see this as a big deal?

Something similar happened in my last bowling league, some 5-6 years ago. A rival team whom I know where good as I bowled [and beat them all] against in High School/College started a 26 week season 0-8 on purpose so that their handicaps would carry them for the bulk of the season, to the point where they were beating teams nearly double....someone complained and they were removed from the league, and banned for the last half of the year. Just complain, and get them removed.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Something similar happened in my last bowling league, some 5-6 years ago. A rival team whom I know where good as I bowled [and beat them all] against in High School/College started a 26 week season 0-8 on purpose so that their handicaps would carry them for the bulk of the season, to the point where they were beating teams nearly double....someone complained and they were removed from the league, and banned for the last half of the year. Just complain, and get them removed.

I did complain, see bolded Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The team average went down 8 pins...in 1 night, we have been bowling for 35 weeks, that is how hard they tanked. They threw 5 gutterballs over the last 4 frames, if we lose by 8 or less, I'm gonna get kicked out of the league because I'm gonna wreck that place...and i use to work there so who cares?

Win or lose, I'd be looking for another league. Allowing shenanigans like that in a buy-in league is ridiculous.

- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting too old.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I'm getting too old.

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Publix needs to start selling Gus Juice.

- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Hy-Vee

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiming in drunk cuz my Grizz finally shut down FlopCity. #wedontbluff

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what font is in the new logo? I see the site is using it a lot.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Win or lose, I'd be looking for another league. Allowing shenanigans like that in a buy-in league is ridiculous.

Yea, we definitely are looking, unfortunately it is the biggest league and therefore the biggest payout

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Yea, we definitely are looking, unfortunately it is the biggest league and therefore the biggest payout

Well I guess you could petition for a rule change.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Well I guess you could petition for a rule change.

We are contacting the USBC if this costs us because it is such bs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 88 of 100

Jump to: