Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert - 2013 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corry

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAX Troll 90 wrote:
I think Blaine Gabbert panning out would be the awkwardest and funniest thing.

Too many people, in Jacksonville and nationally, have had too much fun dumping on him for too long at this point.

Look who's back. Laughing

MightyRx

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Blaine was well on his way to begin his ascension when he got injured the 2nd time and was robbed of those final games where the improvement would have been more consistent and therefore easier to recognize.
I also expect his 3rd quarters, and the team's, not to be putrid because Mularkey, and his lack of adjustments, are a thing of the past.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
I believe Blaine was well on his way to begin his ascension when he got injured the 2nd time and was robbed of those final games where the improvement would have been more consistent and therefore easier to recognize.
I also expect his 3rd quarters, and the team's, not to be putrid because Mularkey, and his lack of adjustments, are a thing of the past.

his 3rd quarters cant be any worse, hope he improves though, i really do. Havnt been a fan, but we need him

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

When given 2.6 seconds or more to throw, Gabbert was 13th out of 38 QBs in passer rating, 9th in completion percentage. ...

Quote:

... When given 2.5 seconds of less to throw, Gabbert was 35th of 38 QBs in passer rating, 34th in completion percentage. Hence, Joeckel.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
This is a serious question:

If last year (2012) was Blaine's rookie year and 2011 never happened, would we be so quick to dismiss him?

I ask that because I heat a lot of people say "well, he Started 24 games. I don't think he can improve!"
Ummm, 15 of those were in a rookie year with a lame duck coach, Guy Whimper as his RT, and his "#1" WR (Jason Hill) being cut halfway through the season all the while being thrust into the lineup because the starter got released.

His stinky rookie season is what most fans, Jaguars and casuals, remember and believe that is all he will ever be.
If he sat for a year, he'd be viewed as Locker is right now, almost identical. And if he had come out this year, he'd be viewed as Tannehill, probably. He'd still likely be viewed as the worst of the QBs to come out the past two years and start, but it wouldn't be quite as bad.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
MightyRx

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MightyRx wrote:
This is a serious question:

If last year (2012) was Blaine's rookie year and 2011 never happened, would we be so quick to dismiss him?

I ask that because I heat a lot of people say "well, he Started 24 games. I don't think he can improve!"
Ummm, 15 of those were in a rookie year with a lame duck coach, Guy Whimper as his RT, and his "#1" WR (Jason Hill) being cut halfway through the season all the while being thrust into the lineup because the starter got released.

His stinky rookie season is what most fans, Jaguars and casuals, remember and believe that is all he will ever be.
If he sat for a year, he'd be viewed as Locker is right now, almost identical. And if he had come out this year, he'd be viewed as Tannehill, probably. He'd still likely be viewed as the worst of the QBs to come out the past two years and start, but it wouldn't be quite as bad.

I guess the QB coach wasn't as disillusioned as we thought when he proclaimed that Gabs would have been the top QB in this draft.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Quote:

When given 2.6 seconds or more to throw, Gabbert was 13th out of 38 QBs in passer rating, 9th in completion percentage. ...

Quote:

... When given 2.5 seconds of less to throw, Gabbert was 35th of 38 QBs in passer rating, 34th in completion percentage. Hence, Joeckel.

Does this compare other QBs when under this pressure or just general numbers?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to the other QBs against that same measure.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Compared to the other QBs against that same measure.

Oh, well that sucks Laughing We better give him more than 2.5 seconds or we're screwed

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabbert had no off-season training camp his rookie year due to the lockout and last year he played behind a suspect OL. I think I have been too quick to call him a bust. Gotta feeling that even with a new offense, he turns the corner this year. While I don't expect him to be the next Rogers/Manning/Brady, I could see him one day playing in the Roethlisberger/Schaub range. Nothing to sneeze at IMO.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Gabbert had no off-season training camp his rookie year due to the lockout and last year he played behind a suspect OL. I think I have been too quick to call him a bust. Gotta feeling that even with a new offense, he turns the corner this year. While I don't expect him to be the next Rogers/Manning/Brady, I could see him one day playing in the Roethlisberger/Schaub range. Nothing to sneeze at IMO.

What the Jaguars brass did to him his rookie season was borderline criminal.

No off season preparation.
No 1st team pre season reps.
Worts Right Tackle play in the history of the NFL.
Top receiver cut halfway through season.

Who overcomes that?
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whole season played out horribly. Weaver tells JDR that he's fired if we don't make the playoffs, Gene gets us "playoff ready" in the draft by trading up to get a QB who isn't ready to play. Garrard gets injured, plays poorly and gets cut days before the season starts. McCown has that disastrous game against the Jets, and the writing is instantly on the wall...McCown isn't taking this team to the playoffs, so the only way JDR can save his job is by hoping Gabbert shocks the world. And then when it was clear that wasn't going to happen, JDR just stopped caring about the team, so there was no preparation coming from him to help Gabbert.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
That whole season played out horribly. Weaver tells JDR that he's fired if we don't make the playoffs, Gene gets us "playoff ready" in the draft by trading up to get a QB who isn't ready to play. Garrard gets injured, plays poorly and gets cut days before the season starts. McCown has that disastrous game against the Jets, and the writing is instantly on the wall...McCown isn't taking this team to the playoffs, so the only way JDR can save his job is by hoping Gabbert shocks the world. And then when it was clear that wasn't going to happen, JDR just stopped caring about the team, so there was no preparation coming from him to help Gabbert.

That whole season was an epic mess, there really was nothing to be happy about except MJD

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

That whole season was an epic mess, there really was nothing to be happy about except MJD

I did enjoy the Monday night game regarless of how bad we looked on offense outside of MJD minus his 2 fumbles but I've never seen our defense dominate we did on the Monday night game. My highlight of that season.
sadjag

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

I did enjoy the Monday night game regarless of how bad we looked on offense outside of MJD minus his 2 fumbles but I've never seen our defense dominate we did on the Monday night game. My highlight of that season.
Agreed that MNF football game was the best I've felt in the bank since that playoff game against the Dolphins. (the year escapes me I was very young)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: