Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick 2014 Draft Thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mash3rramfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Quick 2014 Draft Thought Reply with quote

I know this is way to early but I had a thought last night. What if traded both our first rounders next year for Jadeveon Clowney? What do you all think?

Rams. Oregon Ducks. Dodgers. Brewers. Lakers. Arsenal
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Quick 2014 Draft Thought Reply with quote

mash3rramfan wrote:
I know this is way to early but I had a thought last night. What if traded both our first rounders next year for Jadeveon Clowney? What do you all think?

Why? The DE position is probably the strongest unit on our team. Adding Clowney to that group would be amazing, but having to give up both 1st round picks (probably more to get to #1 overall)? Doesn't make sense to me...

We have plenty of other areas of need and they'll be plenty of high end prospects available with our picks...

TommyC376 on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah nah im good.
Emcee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless one of our picks is #2 or 3, there's no way we could get #1 for just those two.
catcheryea

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I'd want to trade down out of a top 3 pick with a team that is willing to give up a lot to get him.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Clowney doesnt declare?
What if Clowney blows out a knee?
What if the Rams have #1 and #2 overall?

I like this game Laughing

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I'd do that for is a Franchise QB. So, if Bradford doesn't progress this year, I could see them doing that for one of the top QB's, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring injuries, if we finish 6-10 or lower, Bradford probably had a bad year in which case we would need a new QB.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Blake guy from UCF. Good maneuverability, good read on progression, looks like pretty good arm. Or Teddy Bridgewater. If we have to go QB.

DistantRam

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long way to next year's draft but, as others have said, we have far bigger needs than a DE- no matter how good Clowney may be.

Assuming that our players develop as we expect them to over the next twelve months, our main targets in the 2014 draft should be a right tackle and a "one high" free safety. Seeing that neither represents a premium position, I'd be looking to trade down. If only we could predict the future!
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
I like that Blake guy from UCF. Good maneuverability, good read on progression, looks like pretty good arm. Or Teddy Bridgewater. If we have to go QB.

If Bortles continues to progress, he's going to be a big time prospect. Unbelievable pocket presence for a young QB, very athletic, strong arm, very accurate on the move and ideal size for a QB. He's got it all. Just needs to be more consistent and clean up some minor mechanical flaws.

But if Bradford plays extremely well, I'd definitely try to trade both 1sts for an elite prospect like Clowney or one of the OTs or Marqise Lee.

IMO, it would be worth it...especially for Clowney. Doubt we could get him though.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:

If Bortles continues to progress, he's going to be a big time prospect. Unbelievable pocket presence for a young QB, very athletic, strong arm, very accurate on the move and ideal size for a QB. He's got it all. Just needs to be more consistent and clean up some minor mechanical flaws.

But if Bradford plays extremely well, I'd definitely try to trade both 1sts for an elite prospect like Clowney or one of the OTs or Marqise Lee.

IMO, it would be worth it...especially for Clowney. Doubt we could get him though.

I love what bortles can become.

Clowney would be unreal to pick up. If Im thinking vorrectly he can play either DE positions. So well worth ghe trade if we cant sign Quinn back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: