Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Blackmon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Justin Blackmon Reply with quote

Just suspended 4 games for substance abuse. After his DUI arrest, the Jags were able to amend his contract to allow them to let him go with out spending another dime.

I'm not sure how they are going to handle this situation, but this guy deserves a look if he's on the market for cheap. He was tied for 4th in the NFL for receiving yards the second half of the season.

He has baggage, yes, but he has skill as well. If he can put up that production with Gabbart as QB, imagine what he could do with Cam there.

Granted, a trade for him would give us an expensive contract. But as far as expensive contracts go, this would be very low risk as it eliminates a lot of the guaranteed money.

Anyone else think we should be looking into this guy?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't letting him go, and apparently the arrest was a while ago and for the new GM and coaches he's been fine. Basically the cancelled incentives and bonuses protect them in case he screws up again.

But if he was available for cheap, I'd jump all over the opportunity. I don't know if he'll ever be a true #1 receiver, but I think he'll be a great #2 if he keeps his head on straight.
Moody

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even a possibility.

Blackmon isn't going to last long at this rate. What's he going to do to celebrate if he actually accomplishes anything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: