Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: SAM Reply with quote

So who do you think will start at the Sam Linebacker? Does Adam Hayward get the nod? Does Dakota Watson finally step up and win the job? Is it someone off the radar and if so then who (I think Castillas is a back up will and ST) Or do we just run the 4 - 2 - 5?
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly...I like the 4-2-5 depending on the personnel but you can't run it all the time obviously...

I'm hoping watson steps up but I think it's definitely a future need
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a glaring need. The Sam is basically a part time starter anymore.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward will probably get the nod, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Najee Goode push for playing time this year.

Casillas should get some playing time too, but I think that he will play mostly in our nickel situations. David will continue be the Nickel MIKE and Casillas should be the Nickel WILL.

Watson is a really good special teamer, but IMO he's going to have to fight for his roster spot. Our LB corps is crowded right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
It's not a glaring need. The Sam is basically a part time starter anymore.

especially in our division...still- it would nice and smart to add a quality player next off-season
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I kept saying on draft days that we NEED an OLB.

Hayward will probably get the job but he is nothing special...average at best on a good day. We have seen this for a couple of seasons now, doubt anything will change

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

Hayward will probably get the job but he is nothing special...average at best on a good day. We have seen this for a couple of seasons now, doubt anything will change

Dude you need to relax. Sam position is rarely on the field anymore. Hayward, Watson and Goode will e fine rotation at Sam. They really see 35-40 % playing time. Well be in nickel 4-2-5 sets majority. 3rd cb is more valuable than the Sam lb spot anymore.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Dude you need to relax. Sam position is rarely on the field anymore. Hayward, Watson and Goode will e fine rotation at Sam. They really see 35-40 % playing time. Well be in nickel 4-2-5 sets majority. 3rd cb is more valuable than the Sam lb spot anymore.
I died laughing. But, well said R&P.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Well we saw Quincy Black play a good amount last year...so I would say we would play the Sam quite a bit

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pretty good article that tries to explain what Quincy Black did for this defense.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/03/24/what-are-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-losing-with-the-departure-of-quincy-black/

SLB in this scheme is a pretty selfless position. In run support your job is to take on blockers so that other players can make the play. If you aren't a pass rushing/blitzing phenom, which Black wasn't, you are replaceable.

Personally I don't like Hayward at SLB because I think that he's too small. When he became the starter he got swallowed up by blockers. I hope that Goode makes a serious push for the job. I think that he can step in and do a serviceable job, which is really all that we need.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Here is a pretty good article that tries to explain what Quincy Black did for this defense.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/03/24/what-are-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-losing-with-the-departure-of-quincy-black/

SLB in this scheme is a pretty selfless position. In run support your job is to take on blockers so that other players can make the play. If you aren't a pass rushing/blitzing phenom, which Black wasn't, you are replaceable.

Personally I don't like Hayward at SLB because I think that he's too small. When he became the starter he got swallowed up by blockers. I hope that Goode makes a serious push for the job. I think that he can step in and do a serviceable job, which is really all that we need.

Great article and shows how mediocre that QB really was. Hope nothing but the best for his recovery but he never became what we had hoped coming out of New Mexico...

Goode should get the job. Big body that can take on blockers head on. Has some pass rush skills.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like one of the least important positions among starting positions on our team. Black ranked out as one of the worst linebackers last year and we were still a number one rush defense. We can plug anyone in there and be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: