Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The elephant in the room...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: The elephant in the room... Reply with quote

So, we didn't move Branden, yet. Right now things are going to be tight salary cap wise, and we have to be hoping we can move him in the future. The question on my mind with all of this, as I think it might be a possibility is this...

Where do we get the needed money from?

The two obvious answers to me are Tamba (re-work) and Berry (extend I'd like to see this either way as I think right now is a great value time to sign him).

What do you think needs to happen IF we can't move Albert?

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought a lot about this, actually.

Arrow Trade Albert.
Arrow Sign Albert long-term.
Arrow Trade Tamba.
Arrow Re-structure Tamba's deal.
Arrow Re-structure Berry's deal.
Arrow Re-structure Flowers' deal.

I'm thinking trading Albert is really the only option for immediate cap relief. But for the future, Tamba's deal will probably have to be re-structured as well. Otherwise, he'll end up getting traded or cut a year or two from now.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to keep Albert, we'd be around 1-2 Mil over the salary cap after signing our rookies. Two ways it plays out;

1- We trade Albert and we dont have to worry about the cap. I'm only trading him for a 2nd though.

2- We keep Albert and have to find some space. Sure we could rework some deals, but to save from killing our 2014 cap even more I see us releasing some guys. I think we do this as our 2014 is already looking shady. My potential releases;

Tony Moeaki- This isn't because injury mainly based on that Fasano's deal makes it tougher to cut him until year 3 and we drafted Kelce. Moeaki is in the final year of his deal and set to make over 1 mil and we can cut him for basically nothing.

Javier Arenas- Another guy with 1 year left that is making over 1 mil. We have good depth at CB, only question is the return game. I believe Knile Davis can handle kicks, but who would fill his shoes on punts.

Terrance Copper- Doesn't save quite as much, but for what he does I think we can find a cheaper option.

I'm not saying I think we should cut these guys, but if we keep Albert there is 3 Mil invested in these guys. That would get us below the cap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
If we were to keep Albert, we'd be around 1-2 Mil over the salary cap after signing our rookies. Two ways it plays out;

1- We trade Albert and we dont have to worry about the cap. I'm only trading him for a 2nd though.

2- We keep Albert and have to find some space. Sure we could rework some deals, but to save from killing our 2014 cap even more I see us releasing some guys. I think we do this as our 2014 is already looking shady. My potential releases;

Tony Moeaki- This isn't because injury mainly based on that Fasano's deal makes it tougher to cut him until year 3 and we drafted Kelce. Moeaki is in the final year of his deal and set to make over 1 mil and we can cut him for basically nothing.

Javier Arenas- Another guy with 1 year left that is making over 1 mil. We have good depth at CB, only question is the return game. I believe Knile Davis can handle kicks, but who would fill his shoes on punts.

Terrance Copper- Doesn't save quite as much, but for what he does I think we can find a cheaper option.

I'm not saying I think we should cut these guys, but if we keep Albert there is 3 Mil invested in these guys. That would get us below the cap.

I would cut Arenas first out of all those players. We have Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Brown, Cummings (FS/CB), and Menzie off the top of my head. Arenas, IMO, would only be a punt returner. Wylie and McCluster would be just as good, possibly better than Arenas as a punt returner. So, IMO, Arenas would be gone. After Arenas, I think Copper would be next.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The undervaluing of Arenas is mind boggling. We don't know if Dunta can still play for sure or if Brown will ever be able to play. Commings is likely a FS. Menzie is garbage.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javier is one of my fav players, if we release him I will lose my mind.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
The undervaluing of Arenas is mind boggling. We don't know if Dunta can still play for sure or if Brown will ever be able to play. Commings is likely a FS. Menzie is garbage.

Menzi has never played, how can you say he's garbage?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we could cut a newly signed player if we felt the need.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Menzie did not play a snap last season because of injury. Why is he garbage? He was pretty good in college. Me, I won't to see him play first before I make statements like that.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Arenas would be one of the dumbest moves we could make. He's essentially been a starter from day one since he's been drafted and with Welker in Denver now, we'll need him at his best more so than any other player on our roster almost. He's one of the league's best nickel corners and the fact that he's a damn good special teamer, stout against the run and also capable of starting in the event of injury makes him one of the best bargains in the league since he's still playing on his rookie deal.

I'm with Mike. If we cut Arenas, I'll lose it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
I've thought a lot about this, actually.

Arrow Trade Albert.
Arrow Sign Albert long-term.
Arrow Trade Tamba.
Arrow Re-structure Tamba's deal.
Arrow Re-structure Berry's deal.
Arrow Re-structure Flowers' deal.

I'm thinking trading Albert is really the only option for immediate cap relief. But for the future, Tamba's deal will probably have to be re-structured as well. Otherwise, he'll end up getting traded or cut a year or two from now.

If we cant restructure anyone then definitely trade Albert. Sure, the idea of Albert and Fisher on our line for one season sounds nice, but the distraction of Albert not being happy and all of that may not be worth it.

If we can restructure somebody then I don't know. I would say Tamba but we don't want to make him unmovable down the road. So probably either Berry or Flowers
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're really in love with Alex Smith, we could always restructure his deal with another 2yr extension with only a little more guaranteed.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Javier is one of my fav players, if we release him I will lose my mind.

Back away from the ledge!
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't CUT him we will trade him for a FB...that sounds better. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: