Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightybk

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gut feeling that Pickett will either be asked to take a $4 mil+ salary reduction or be cut before the start of the season, barring injuries to the DL. His savings will be important to roll over to next year when ARod and Clay's cap numbers will jump about $10 mil, and we'd also need the room if we want to re-up Raji, Shields, Jones, etc.

Same situation can be used with Tramon next year, another player with a large base salary that maybe isn't worth it anymore, especially with younger players needing new contracts. (in Tramon's case, it would be to pay for Cobb's upcoming extension in 2014, which will probably cost $10 mil/yr)

With a salary cap, ya can't pay everyone......
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I finally went through and made more updates to include the rookies draft picks and free agents. My roster count brings us to 88 with $11.9 million left in space this year.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your 2013 salary breakdown you have none listed under unsigned restricted free agents. Wouldn't Shields fall into this category? Think

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
In your 2013 salary breakdown you have none listed under unsigned restricted free agents. Wouldn't Shields fall into this category? Think

I think he's playing on his RFA tender this year. Next year he would be an UFA.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightybk wrote:
I have a gut feeling that Pickett will either be asked to take a $4 mil+ salary reduction or be cut before the start of the season, barring injuries to the DL. His savings will be important to roll over to next year when ARod and Clay's cap numbers will jump about $10 mil, and we'd also need the room if we want to re-up Raji, Shields, Jones, etc.

Same situation can be used with Tramon next year, another player with a large base salary that maybe isn't worth it anymore, especially with younger players needing new contracts. (in Tramon's case, it would be to pay for Cobb's upcoming extension in 2014, which will probably cost $10 mil/yr)

With a salary cap, ya can't pay everyone......

I would've made that move already or start talking about it with him if I were TT simply because I'd want to get those extensions done pronto starting with Raji. Morgan Burnett, Mike Neal, Shields, and James Jones will need extensions soon as well. If we could get those guys with a cheaper extension, rather than a brand new contract, we obviously save money and I'd rather not let any of those guys go TBH. More importantly, we're not screwing around talking about contracts mid-season while the team is trying to win games if we take this approach. Of course you want to wait to see if the injury bug strikes or if the player plays poorly for a year to try and drop the price, but if I'm TT, I'm focusing on Raji and Burnett in particular with Shields in the same category. Neal and Jones are important IMO but not as important as Raji and Burnett.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to date??
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Up to date??

Should be. Smile
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, for being a pass heavy team and our inability to run the ball, we've got a lot invested in our guards.
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
You know, for being a pass heavy team and our inability to run the ball, we've got a lot invested in our guards.

A frightening amount for what we are getting in return ( run game and protection up the middle).
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Morgan Burnett contract. Seems pretty reasonable if you ask me. He'll be paid like an above average starting safety for this contract.

driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that TV contract $ cant kick in fast enough!

next year is going to be very interesting with guys like Raji, sheilds, EDS, Neal, jones, finley all expiring & only 17ish mill to spend... some of those guys are locks to get re-uped but there will be some more notable names leaving green bay (& ultimately to the vikings)

imo, I think pickett & kuhn are gone (unless their 2014 value is vet min)... i think Finley is a serious candidate to hit the market as well (regardless of what he doesthis year)

JJ is probably gonna get way more looks than he got last time through RFA too

i think Raji is a lock to get resigned though... EDS too if he plays solid enough.

shields & neal are very dependent on how well they play 'this year' (especially with deep they are at those positions)

screw it... 4 days away till training camp!!!!!
rbens06

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

next year is going to be very interesting with guys like Raji, sheilds, EDS, Neal, jones, finley all expiring & only 17ish mill to spend... some of those guys are locks to get re-uped but there will be some more notable names leaving green bay (& ultimately to the vikings)

imo, I think pickett & kuhn are gone (unless their 2014 value is vet min)... i think Finley is a serious candidate to hit the market as well (regardless of what he doesthis year)

i think Raji is a lock to get resigned though... EDS too if he plays solid enough.

shields & neal are very dependent on how well they play 'this year' (especially with deep they are at those positions)

I might be looking at this wrong, but looking at the Google doc that $17 million does not include any rollover, so if we have $11.9 million available now you add that to the $17 and we have $28.9 million for next off season. Either way that money goes pretty fast with potential big contracts for some key guys.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
driftwood wrote:

I might be looking at this wrong, but looking at the Google doc that $17 million does not include any rollover, so if we have $11.9 million available now you add that to the $17 and we have $28.9 million for next off season. Either way that money goes pretty fast with potential big contracts for some key guys.

yeah i didn't factor any rollover either,,,

I took that 17 mill as if the packers dont resign/extend anyone from here on out till those expiring contracts end
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the scoop on Datone. Pretty standard stuff here I believe.

Front page isn't updated yet. Had a couple other minor moves which I'll take care of tonight and update accordingly.
dijatool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Here's the scoop on Datone. Pretty standard stuff here I believe.

Front page isn't updated yet. Had a couple other minor moves which I'll take care of tonight and update accordingly.

That 4th year roster bonus is a very odd number. I tried fiddling around with a split between a lump sum and a per game number and never did find anything that felt right. Do you think that's all per game bonus money?

Also, the base salary for years 1 through 3 is guaranteed with no offset language (from what I've heard thus far).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: