Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you could trade our draft for one other team's...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: If you could trade our draft for one other team's... Reply with quote

Who's would it be?

Props to Jamison on the sig
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami. Dion Jordan would be sick in Orange and blue.

Or maybe the niners.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: If you could trade our draft for one other team's... Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Who's would it be?

Great question probably either g bay or San Fran. Lot of picks lots of value also fills lots of needs.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: If you could trade our draft for one other team's... Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Who's would it be?

Great question probably either g bay or San Fran. Lot of picks lots of value also fills lots of needs.

These two, plus maybe Carolina with Lotulelei and Short, plus Jacksonville, Cleveland if you include Josh Gordon, NYJ, Minnesota and Pittsburgh would all be in the discussion.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this teams needs Mine would have been

GB
SF
or Pitt (Huge Jarvis and Shamarko Fan) now I have to hate them

Props to Jamison on the sig
primetime714

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say any of the following: SF, NYJ, or MIN.

SF for the quantity of picks with some good selections at each. NYJ and MIN for the quality they got with their first 3 picks.

I think I'd probably lean toward MIN. Although tempted to say NYJ since I think Geno is going to be a stud long term.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm in a group of 1, but I'm not sure I'd want to trade ours. Elway and CO seemed to address a ton of issues with great possibilities and 2 or 3 that will have an immediate impact. pretty hard to do with the roster we have.

I like what we got.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love what Carolina did with their first two picks. They could end up with two top 10 talents in this draft if K Shortt plays motivated. I didn't look much at their other picks though. Reminds me of when Tampa drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, which I think would have been an insane combo had Price's life not been derailed by tragedies.

Minnesota's first two picks were also intriguing.

If I traded the Broncos draft for any teams though, and matched their draft picks with our pre-draft roster, I'd take the Rams draft. Here's why.

1. Tayvon Austin - Dynamic weapon that can be used in many ways. Also knows how to protect himself, never been hurt, so the size doesn't matter to me. Huge production vs best opponents. He'll be a difference maker in the NFL, I think.
2. Alec Ogletree - Big, fast, long, athletic. What's the toughest matchups for todays defenses? Covering these freak tight ends. Ogletree has the size, speed, length, strength, and physicality to match up with these Gronk type tight ends and actually do something against them. Not to mention a ton of production in the SEC. I think our veteran leadership would keep the character issue in check. Ogletree would be a 3 down middle linebacker, and take Trev's nickel reps.
3. Stedman Bailey - Smooth receiver with good hands, route running, and makes the tough catches. Safety valve for Geno Smith. Tons of production. Welker's only around two years, in case Decker hits the open market the WR position is set for 2014, and loaded for 2013, with enough quality depth to contribute if Demaryius is back to his injury prone ways.
4. Barrett Jones - Never going to be elite. Can play all over the interior, and crazy smart. Walton and Beadles both have expiring contracts, I believe. Interior line piece that could come in play solid, and be phenomenal in calling out coverages.
5. Brandon McGee - Like him more than Kayvon Webster, who we took in the 3rd. Similar prospect, like Webster, not a ton of production on the ball, but has cover skills.
5. Zac Stacy - All SEC rb, extremely underrated. Carried the Vandy offense the last 3 years averaging over 5 yards per carry. I mocked him to us, think he could be solid, although we probably have more upside with Montee.

I think thats a great draft for the Rams. With signing Phillips the Quanterus Smith pick is a down the road one that we wouldn't miss if we swapped classes. We'd miss the presence Sly will bring inside, and I'm thankful he's in Denver, but I think most were as happy as they've been with our DT rotation before the draft as we've been in a long time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: