Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Top 5 Choices for the Giants 1st Round Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming Jarvis Jones, Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, and Barkevious Mingo will be gone. I'd be thrilled with any of them.

My top 5:
Richardson
Rhodes
Trufant
Eifert
Vaccaro

I don't want a RB. I don't want a WR.

I'm not a big believer in OL this early unless its a potential franchise LT, which i dont see being available, and we already locked up our LT.

I'd love a DE, DT, LB, CB.

Still trying to figure out how I feel about Vaccaro. Rolle is making about 9 mil per season and will turn 31 in December. Brown is still a 1 year wonder to this point. Will Hill hasn't been asked to cover much yet. And we can sustain 3 safeties anyway. Vaccaro would be very good in Rolle's role, matching up with the slot WR. Or if Stevie doesn't work out, I think he could be plugged there. And cutting Antrel could net us 7 mil to give to Cruz, Nicks, Jpp, Prince, etc..

Eifert is my man crush from this year. Yea, it's great that Eli can take a no-name TE a shape him up into something solid. Part of me is just dying to see if he can turn a good prospect into the next Gronkowski. Not to mention it gives us a little more protection should Cruz leave. Nicks/Randle/Eifert is still a very strong trio.

I realize there's almost no chance we take Eifert, and little that we go for Vaccaro. I assume the Giant's board would have Cooper, Warmack, Fluker, and all the Dlineman I listed above. Not sure we would even go CB having just spent a high pick on Prince and having the 2 starters from the 2011 SB team on the roster.
wraith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Johnathan Banks
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Alex Ogletree
4. Sylvester Williams
5. Tyler Eifert
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones - I know he's coming off injury and his combine wasn't all that great. Bottom line is on the field the guy made plays. I think his stock has dropped for some teams that really put a lot of weight on the combine numbers.

Jonathan Cooper - IMO best left guard in the draft.

Sheldon Richardson - Interior pass rusher to put our ends back on the map.

Xavier Rhodes - Aggressive corner with good size speed combination.

Cornellius Carradine - Positive performance has his stock shooting up the draft boards.

Damontre Moore - Would need to add another 10 - 15 lbs but he has the frame/ height the additional weight wouldn't slow his speed.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance is the pick if he's there. If not, it's Rhodes. I'm about 90% certain its going to be one of those 2. The other 10% is that they'll both get taken before us and we'll snag either DJ Hayden or Desmond Trufant.

Sheldon Richardson would be a great pick too, but I'm 99% confident he won't make it to 19. We'll see though.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock just released his mock draft. He has us taking Justin Pugh. Yes, at 19. The guy we could get at 49, he has us taking at 19. The rest of it is pretty bad as well. Just wow. What a joke.

NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Mike Mayock just released his mock draft. He has us taking Justin Pugh. Yes, at 19. The guy we could get at 49, he has us taking at 19. The rest of it is pretty bad as well. Just wow. What a joke.

If Pugh is the pick my tv is exiting my window
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Same. His whole mock draft is garbage though. For a "draft expert" and a guy who only releases one mock draft a year, it is honestly pretty [inappropriate/removed].

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching tape of DJ Hayden online and came away extremely impressed. I see probowl written all over him, if it even exists, in the foreseeable future. Would LOVE this to be the pick.. we'd have a scary secondary.

My top 10:
1. Sheldon Richardson
2. DJ Hayden
3. Tank Carradine
4. Chance Warmack
5. Arthur Brown
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Desmond Trufant
9. DJ Fluker
10. Alec Ogletree
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Just finished watching tape of DJ Hayden online and came away extremely impressed. I see probowl written all over him, if it even exists, in the foreseeable future. Would LOVE this to be the pick.. we'd have a scary secondary.

My top 10:
1. Sheldon Richardson
2. DJ Hayden
3. Tank Carradine
4. Chance Warmack
5. Arthur Brown
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Desmond Trufant
9. DJ Fluker
10. Alec Ogletree

For all the Hayden lovers including myself, a report came out that the Raiders might take him with there pick which is absurd but whatever.

"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "several executives" believe the Raiders will take Houston CB D.J. Hayden at No. 3 if they can't trade back.
The Raiders prefer to trade down, but they are prepared to take their man in Hayden if a partner can't be found. Oakland needs help all over the field, especially on defense, and Hayden has been steadily picking up steam as the draft's top corner. The Raiders may not be able to trade down too far if they want him. The Lions at No. 5 and the Browns at No. 6 also have cornerback needs."
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

So, I hear Best Buy has some great deals on TVs...
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

So, I hear Best Buy has some great deals on TVs...

SMH I have serious egg on my face right now. I guess i just have to grin and bear it and hope the guy's a good player Laughing
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Same. His whole mock draft is garbage though. For a "draft expert" and a guy who only releases one mock draft a year, it is honestly pretty [inappropriate/removed].

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

He did the best of all the experts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: