Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict 2013 Depth Chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
The real question is what UDFA will make the final roster.

9 YEARS STRAIGHT!
Lucas Reed has a shot. If J Thomas continues to struggle with injuries and/or pro have a chance. He would have to really shine to push Thomas out the door, but Thomas has to produce this year or else...
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
The real question is what UDFA will make the final roster.

9 YEARS STRAIGHT!
Lucas Reed has a shot. If J Thomas continues to struggle with injuries and/or pro have a chance. He would have to really shine to push Thomas out the door, but Thomas has to produce this year or else...

I really think it's Lucas Reed. I think we'll keep 4 TEs and if Thomas doesn't show up this year he's done.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
TE- Tamme, Dreesen, Green, Thomas

M-High Marauder wrote:

b_rent87 wrote:

Joel Dreessen is the #1 TE on this team. Anyone who puts Jacob Tamme ahead of him doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

I prefer Tamme! Keep your profanity to yourself please

Props to Jamison on the sig
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this, Denver will be sporting one of the largest front-7's in the league - tied for first among base 4-3 teams:

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/05/10/how-much-does-your-teams-front-7-weigh/

This assumes a starting lineup of Derek Wolfe, Sly Williams (maybe), Terrence Knighton, and Robert Ayers on the line with Von Miller, Joe Mays (nah), and Wesley Woodyard at linebackers. The front-7 would be tied with Seattle for the largest of the base 4-3 teams at an average player weight of 274.4 pounds. This is mostly attributed to the rather robust defensive line, where Robert Ayers is the runt at 274 pounds. The smaller/faster linebackers a la Woodyard and Trevathan should benefit from playing behind the wall-o-man that rumbles out on early downs.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
According to this, Denver will be sporting one of the largest front-7's in the league - tied for first among base 4-3 teams:

This assumes a starting lineup of Derek Wolfe, Sly Williams (maybe), Terrence Knighton, and Robert Ayers on the line with Von Miller, Joe Mays (nah), and Wesley Woodyard at linebackers. The front-7 would be tied with Seattle for the largest of the base 4-3 teams at an average player weight of 274.4 pounds. This is mostly attributed to the rather robust defensive line, where Robert Ayers is the runt at 274 pounds. The smaller/faster linebackers a la Woodyard and Trevathan should benefit from playing behind the wall-o-man that rumbles out on early downs.

Also helps that Von is in the 260 range now.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

Also helps that Von is in the 260 range now.

They calculated it with him at 246, so the beefed up Von would help. Although you can offset that with a switch from Mays to Irving.

Point standing - Denver D is big.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battle for a WR spot will be tough. I think the team will carry 5 WRs. Four WRs seem like locks (Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, and Trindon Holliday) that leaves Andre Caldwell and Tavarres King battling for the final spot.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure seems like WR Quincy McDuffie looked good in this minicamp. According to big Cecil Lammey, he was often underutilized at WR, but he's a very quick player underneath and has incredible speed. I'm incredibly interested to see how this plays out.

The WR/RB depth chart is going to be fascinating to watch.

I'm guess that 10 players total will be kept under that umbrella.

Thomas, Decker, Welker, Ball, Hillman are the five locks. One (or both) of Moreno/McGahee will be there, so thats 6(7). Factor in Trindon Holliday who is a lock for the team, and that's 7 (Cool. King has an inside track at a roster spot, but the team apparently thinks highly of Greg Orton as well. I think Caldwell is a cut, so you're looking to guys that can contribute on ST and offense now. McDuffie is a KR/PR, but with Holliday that could be tough.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like the idea of bringing in James Starks and cutting both Moreno and McGahee

I think there are 12 berths for offensive skill positions

Ball
Hillman
Thomas
Decker
Welker
Tamme
Dreessen
Hester
Holliday

So that leaves 3 more berths

One more RB, either Moreno, McGahee or street pickup.

I think King makes the team

So that leaves one more spot, it could either be a 4th RB, a 5th WR or 3rd TE.

I think we go down the Tight End route, because Hester and Holliday cn fill in as the last options at RB and WR, in addition to being our FB and returners.

Either Thomas or Green for the last spot. Depends how the staff feel about Dreessen or Tamme as blockers, if they aren't confident you keep Green as the blocker, if they are then keep Thomas as a receiver.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I quite like the idea of bringing in James Starks and cutting both Moreno and McGahee

I think there are 12 berths for offensive skill positions

Ball
Hillman
Thomas
Decker
Welker
Tamme
Dreessen
Hester
Holliday

So that leaves 3 more berths

One more RB, either Moreno, McGahee or street pickup.

I think King makes the team

So that leaves one more spot, it could either be a 4th RB, a 5th WR or 3rd TE.

I think we go down the Tight End route, because Hester and Holliday cn fill in as the last options at RB and WR, in addition to being our FB and returners.

Either Thomas or Green for the last spot. Depends how the staff feel about Dreessen or Tamme as blockers, if they aren't confident you keep Green as the blocker, if they are then keep Thomas as a receiver.

It would be very stupid of this team to cut both Moreno and McGahee for an awful RB in James Starks. One of the two of them will be on this team.

Also, there will, without a doubt be AT LEAST 3 TE's on this team next year. They aren't going to roll with only Tamme/Dreesen, and I would say Virgil Green is a certainty based on his blocking abilities. Julius Thomas is the wildcard.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all just so fascinating!
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Blake Gideon make the team

Props to Jamison on the sig
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article on one of my camp favorites. Get'em Ben!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Garland-Transitioning-From-Defense-to-Offense/8a05ecc8-053b-4410-ba13-9dffe1675378
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting list of how the 2013 Bronco roster was assembled:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Arf7vexBQ6EOdE5MS3VSWllheDd4STRGZlJ5RFZtQ1E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Other teams:
http://www.profootballrosters.com/2013/05/27/2012-how-assembled-charts/
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Interesting list of how the 2013 Bronco roster was assembled:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Arf7vexBQ6EOdE5MS3VSWllheDd4STRGZlJ5RFZtQ1E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Other teams:
http://www.profootballrosters.com/2013/05/27/2012-how-assembled-charts/

I know! It is so very interesting that CB-Dom. Rodgers-Cromartie's font is different than the other players. It looks smaller.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: