Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 107th pick, the Titans select Brian Schwenke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock showed some tape of him during the draft where he was snapping and reaching on a DT or snapping and getting to a LB so quickly it was like watching Mawae in his heyday. The guy is cat like quick to be over 300 pounds. Trent Dilfer said he picked up Jeff Tedford's complex offense really quickly and could make all the line calls when he moved to OC this past season. Trent also said he was a real student of the game.

Munch said that he is pissed he was the 2nd OC drafted and he has a chip on his shoulder due to falling to 4th round. Cool

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Mayock showed some tape of him during the draft where he was snapping and reaching on a DT or snapping and getting to a LB so quickly it was like watching Mawae in his heyday. The guy is cat like quick to be over 300 pounds. Trent Dilfer said he picked up Jeff Tedford's complex offense really quickly and could make all the line calls when he moved to OC this past season. Trent also said he was a real student of the game.
Munch said that he is pissed he was the 2nd OC drafted and he has a chip on his shoulder due to falling to 4th round. Cool

I love hearing all of that. That means he's gonna REALLY compete with Velasco for the starting job. Imagine Levitre with both Schwenke (with that chip) and Warmack (excited and determined) on the line. Talk about a beast-mode O-line. Twisted Evil
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:

I love hearing all of that. That means he's gonna REALLY compete with Velasco for the starting job. Imagine Levitre with both Schwenke (with that chip) and Warmack (excited and determined) on the line. Talk about a beast-mode O-line. Twisted Evil

I am nicknaming him "Nasty", because he reminds me of one of the Nasty Boys from old school rasslin. Laughing Shocked

And a pic of him and the Mrs.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:

I am nicknaming him "Nasty", because he reminds me of one of the Nasty Boys from old school rasslin. Laughing Shocked

And I hope he IS nasty. I want him to play nasty (not dirty) with a nasty attitude (without being stupid of course). Evil or Very Mad
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:

And I hope he IS nasty. I want him to play nasty (not dirty) with a nasty attitude (without being stupid of course). Evil or Very Mad

I think he is just what the doctor ordered in that department and he is smart also, not just a meathead.

Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I think he is just what the doctor ordered in that department and he is smart also, not just a meathead.

The thing that really impresses me is the fact that he was considered the second best Center in the draft and he only played the position for one season. The only real criticism he against him is his struggles with low snaps from the shotgun. Other than that, the dude is rock solid and is only going to get better as he continues to learn.
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God he sure is an ugly mo'fo
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
God he sure is an ugly mo'fo

No mirrored visors for him. We want our opponents to be able to see and fear the Schwenkenstein.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

The thing that really impresses me is the fact that he was considered the second best Center in the draft and he only played the position for one season. The only real criticism he against him is his struggles with low snaps from the shotgun. Other than that, the dude is rock solid and is only going to get better as he continues to learn.

Intriguing isn't it?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: