Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Tebow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Tim Tebow Reply with quote

Detroit Lions' Martin Mayhew says 'never say never' about adding QB Tim Tebow

Quote:
Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew took part in a rare radio interview Monday morning with the the team's official radio partner, 97.1-FM The Ticket. Among the topics discussed was the recent release of Tim Tebow and the Lions' potential interest in the polarizing quarterback.

Mayhew all but ruled out the Lions bringing in the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Quote:
"I feel good about our quarterbacks right now," Mayhew said. "We've got four on our roster and we typically go with four. But I'm the kind of guy who never says never."

Quote:
If the Lions were to sign Tebow, a time share with Stafford would not be on the table.

"We like our starting quarterback and we like him on the field," Mayhew said. "I like him on the field 100 percent of the time."

The article talks about how the Lions have had more offseason issues and how Tebow is a good person with an open competition for the third QB spot.

It's a lot of speculation, but given the opportunity.... would you add Tim Tebow to the roster? Why or why not?
Lions017

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

No.

No.

Not worth the circus just to have a special teams player or a 3rd string QB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him for a few weeks for the jersey sales then cut him before camp starts.

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We have 3 better QBs than him. Do we have three? If we do the third is better than him.

If he was willing to change to any position I would entertain the thought but he isn't.
Irish Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks! Not to mention that I get told once a week from complete strangers that I look just like him, Yet I am older so I guess he would look like me.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Detroit Lions' Martin Mayhew says 'never say never' about adding QB Tim Tebow

Quote:
Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew took part in a rare radio interview Monday morning with the the team's official radio partner, 97.1-FM The Ticket. Among the topics discussed was the recent release of Tim Tebow and the Lions' potential interest in the polarizing quarterback.

Mayhew all but ruled out the Lions bringing in the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Quote:
"I feel good about our quarterbacks right now," Mayhew said. "We've got four on our roster and we typically go with four. But I'm the kind of guy who never says never."

Quote:
If the Lions were to sign Tebow, a time share with Stafford would not be on the table.

"We like our starting quarterback and we like him on the field," Mayhew said. "I like him on the field 100 percent of the time."

The article talks about how the Lions have had more offseason issues and how Tebow is a good person with an open competition for the third QB spot.

It's a lot of speculation, but given the opportunity.... would you add Tim Tebow to the roster? Why or why not?

OMG we're signing Justin Beiber. Shocked
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

We don't need the circus that comes with him on the roster. We still have a locker room that is developing, this is too much of a distraction.

We have our starter in Stafford.

Our current back-ups are better QB's.

He's unwilling to consider another position.

I'm sure we had to say something, especially since the question was asked. Ultimately, Tim Tebow will not be a Lion at any point as a QB and likely not at all.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at QB, even though I probably like him more than most.

I will say that I dont think he would be quite the circus people think if we did sign him.

Sanchez sucked and people knew Tebow could win games. Nobody (who knows what their talking about) would ever argue Tebow should replace Stafford, no matter the situation.

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I'm only against it because the circus. He'd beat Kellen Moore IMO and Mayhew said they thought about bringing in competition for him thru the draft but never did. If they made him the #3 QB and didn't take Stafford out for option plays I'd be fine with out the circus. But the circus he brings is a joke TBH.

Sig bet
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the circus is dying to be honest. He isn't coming off a season in which he led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

That being said, I want nothing to do with him. He should go somewhere he could start like Jacksonville or at least be a #2

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
thenoilif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I think the circus is dying to be honest. He isn't coming off a season in which he led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

That being said, I want nothing to do with him. He should go somewhere he could start like Jacksonville or at least be a #2

He's still a circus. His story was the lead story on ESPN yesterday even ahead of the Collins story. Granted ESPN has been the major source of Tebowmania so it sort of makes sense.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring him in. We need a future back up when Hill leaves and Kellen Moore can't throw either. Tebow would have at least a year to work on his throwing etc. His worth ethic is solid too and that's contagious in a locker-room.

I don't think it's a real question of if he'd beat out Hill/Stafford for starting time. If you wanted to throw some options plays with him on the field as a H-back just to shake things up that also makes sense imo but he's not a terrible option to try and develop for a few years as Hill's replacement.
superjoint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bring him in and then cut him on the eve of training camp. I'm a cruel person, and I think it would be funny. The circus that surrounds this guy is just stupid, champions don't get that much attention.

I'd throw all that out the window though if he can play OLB. Haha.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think Tebow could be solid as a H-back but I really don't want to bring the circus that follows him to town. Just too big of a distraction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: