Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day Thread- Day 2 - Rounds 2 and 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick at #42
Damontre Moore
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Tank Carradine
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Johnathan Hankins
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
DJ Swearinger
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Larry Warford
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Zach Ertz
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
bitty wrote:

To have a 50% drop in the ratings is a huge deal. They are headed in the wrong direction fast. Aaron Rodgers lead the league in getting sacked last year with 51.They are 20th in the league in rushing and 17 in rush defense.

They drafted lower and had less picks in the top 3 rounds. Their roster is also better, leaving little room for new starters. It's not a huge deal at all. For the last 5 years, they're expected to be ranked 20th but are actually 14th. It means they've done a pretty good job with what they had to work with.

But the stats show they'er not that good on both lines. They drafted linemen in the first round the last 5 years and they are getting worse on both lines.

I'm not a fan of their track record in drafting olinemen either.

But over the last 5 years, they drafted Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, B.J.Raji, Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga and Randall Cobb. I'd take that any day.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
Thank you to the people who actually do their homework.

GB has had a couple of GREAT drafts the last 5 years.Id have to gop look it up but the year they got Finley was Really good...and one good draft helps change your percentages immensley when your dealing in metrics under 10.That has really Raised their Hit/miss ratio ...But I was not going back 5 years as it seems some prpared article has done for lazy readers..I was going back to the begining of RMs tenure in GB.

And the point Really wasnt to put GB on Blast, it was to show that the idea that one GM or another was so INCREDIBLY better at the draft then others is a little skewed.

30%
Thats about the average.for all teams in a 10 year window.
Profootball focus "all time draft" by team gives a complete overview.

I dont get the whole Troll business.If someone is coming in saying
RAIDERS SUCK or some such nonsense then I guess that could be irritating, but divergent opinions is what This country was builty upon.People who insulate themselves only to like minded opinions like ONLY watching FoX, or Msnbc is what is creating so much dischord in society.If I dissagree with an approach ,casting disparaging remarks is about as childish as you can get.Most of the time The poster can elucidate why he doesnt agree...last time R4L big comeback was "you just dont get it"....YEAH...CLEARLY...The idea was you were going to explain it.
And you still don't get it. I don't waste my time explaining "it" when the previous 15 poster's tried to explain "it" to you. Your opinion is alway's right and everybody else is wrong, you have yet to concede anything, and when someone throws facts at you then you say you meant something else. Your the king of disparaging remarks go back and check all your post.

I think I understand a little bit better.
opinions are never right or wrong...they are opinions. I defend mine fiecely as i would expect you to defend yours...its like placing a bet.

I see, often the conceding that you place such a high value in...but before the point of contention can be fairly evaluated, most of the conceding in here seems to be about soothing peoples egos.

For instance you fealt that B/u RB will not be a postion of relevance and could wait until the 6th round(apparently) and a player like Latavius Murray...I fealt it would be a better Idea to go sooner and get a Jonathan Franklin.

Now, how either does ,doesnt immediately make either opinion right or wrong...there are other factors, does, Dmac get Hurt? Do our Other backs have an Impact? Does Franklin get more then Third down reps?

so if your looking for an atta boy,I would suggest you dont need one.
I dont get upset that others see things a different way,sometimes they change my mind...

BTW, you go look @ my posts, I know what Ive written, I respond to people in the way they present themselves, YOU especially behaved like a immature kid when you reponded to my posts,so dont play the victim now.
Your a joke and everybody knows it. I called it after your very first post. Like I said even when facts are presented you talk in circles and say you meant something else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43

Jump to: