Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What you would have done if you were Mayhew...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisblack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked something like this.

1. Ezekial Ansah DE
2. Tank Carradine DE
3. Larry Warford OG
4. Jessie Williams DT
5. Ricky Wagner OT
6. Bacarri Rambo S
6. Charles Johnson WR
7. Michael Williams TE
7. Keith Pough LB
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using hindsight? (Knowing who will be available at certain picks)

1. DJ Fluker
2. Tank Carradine
3. Larry Warford
4. Denard Robinson
5. Kenny Stills (not gonna trade)
6. Baccari Rambo
7. Michael Williams

What can I say, I love DJ Fluker. Knowing Tank is gonna be there in the 2nd round, I take DJ, not only because he has all the makings to be a dominant RT, but because he is a great locker room presence. He is a great, fiery leader, and would replace the leadership we lose in Backus and will be losing in Raiola.

Then, with Tank, in the 2nd round, we still get our high-ceiling DE with amazing athletecism. I know taking ANOTHER player coming off of a bad injury, but Im taking the risk on him, there.

Keep Warford. Solid pick. Instant starter at RG.

I wanted Denard. With our comp 4th round pick, its good value. Adding another weapon on offense is great, and he should be able to do damage on returns. He would have been loved in Detroit.

Then, to get a more traditional wideout in the mix, I take Kenny Still. He doesnt have the potential of Jeff Fuller, but he is more likely to be a contributor.

Rambo is a BPA pick. Cant hurt to add depth to the S spot with Delmas' injury issues.

Williams was a great pick.

Without hindsight

1. Ziggy Ansah
2. Tank Carradine
3. Larry Warford
4. Jordan Mills
5. Kenny Stills
6. Baccarri Rambo
7. Michael Williams

Not knowing Tank will be there in the 2nd round, we gotta be sure to get a play maker in here on defense. Ansah has high bust potential, but the risk is definitely worth the possible reward.

Doubling up on DEs. I wanted Tank over Slay. I love Tank, I think having him and Ansah paired with Suh and Fairley gives us a great D-line, should the two DEs workout. Having Jason Jones rotating all over the line is a big help, too.

Still taking Warford, would have taken him in the 2nd if Tank werent there.

Going back to the O-line in the 4th. Jordan Mills looks to be a solid RT. Let him battle it out with Hilliard and Fox.

Stills, Rambo, and Williams remain the choices late.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EhJae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without hindsight, my first 3 picks would have been the same (Ansah, Slay, Warford) but I would have went AJ Klein instead of Taylor (Klein could have possibly won our open OLB position), then selected Cornelius Washington, and then Poyer for value.

With hindsight...

I'll give this a try. I'm going to make mine a little different...

Year 2:

#5 - Tavon Austin, WR/KR
Austin will be our Percy Harvin, a HR threat wherever he lines up. Defenses will have to plan on defending Megatron, Bush and Austin? Good luck.

#36 - Gavin Escobar, TE
Oh, now I've added a big bodied, catch everything thrown in his radius TE? I've just given Stafford all the weapons he'll ever need. He has Calvin, Burleson, Broyles, Austin, Escobar, Scheffler and Pettigrew.

#65 - Larry Warford, OG
I'd keep this selection the same, solid pick. I'm ending my draft with the same OL picks as Mayhews so, we will end up with the same OL.

#132 - Devin Taylor, DE
I'm keeping this pick the same as well. I think Taylor's measurables fit our system for DE.

#165 - Cornelius Washington, DE
Since I didn't take the other DE from the Senior Bowl (who looked good in our system) I'll take the other one (who also looked good). I've now selected 2 rotational system fits at DE (who knows, maybe one would end up starting).

#171 - Jordan Poyer, CB
I wasn't planning on taking a corner but saw Poyer slip this far and thought it was worth the value.

#199 - Zach Dysert, QB
Instant upgrade over Moore. Dysert would be the development QB pick where we could possibly flip him for a pick later.

#211 - Reid Fragel, OT
Ok, I lied. I'd draft more OL than Mayhew did. We need another OT (although they are targeting a vet, I'd go with Fragel to develop).

#245 - Tony Jefferson, S
Surprised he went undrafted. Even though we have 3 potential starters at our S positions, 2 of them are injury prone. I'd develop Jefferson behind them.

Offense:
Tavon Austin, WR
Gavin Escobar, TE
Larry Warford, OG
Zach Dysert, QB
Reid Fragel, OT

Defense:
Devin Taylor, DE
Cornelius Washington, DE
Jordan Poyer, CB
Tony Jefferson, S
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Draft:

5 - Ansah
36 - Arthur Brown
65- Warford
132 - Quanterus Smith

Probably wouldnt of done the trade with Seattle, and taken Poyer or King at 137.

165 - Jordan Poyer
171 - Bacarri Rambo
199 - Michael Williams
211 - Zeke Motta
245 - Sean Renfree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: