Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&Ps 2013 Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry Jones is my favorite qb in the draft so I'm biased...but he should have been the pick a round later...
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

So can you tell me where other teams had Means on their board? You and I think he could have been a UDFA. However, he could have gone a few picks after us if we passed on him.

It was a 5th round pick. We liked him and took him. Was it a great pick? No. Was it a high risk pick? No. That's why it was a C.

You know I did some research off this pick and he was a guy FARRRR off of my radar. I can say that he would have been picked in the 5th round regardless if we didn't. The Packers were eyeing him hard and had multiple picks.

Obviously the little bit I watched of him isn't a good judge, but the kid has some explosion to him and can dip like no other. Great move to have in the arsenal.

Atomic_Panther wrote:
indifference: I think a big part of NC State's meltdown in the Vanderbilt game was because the head coach, Tom O'Brian, was fired after the last regular season game and wasn't coaching the bowl game. If I remember correctly the interm head coach, Dana Bible, took the blame for several of the interceptions in that game afterwards due to bad play calls.

From what I could tell Mike Glennon played about as consistently as Russel Wilson did when he was playing for the Wolfpack. The surrounding offensive talent and coaching was pretty bad (resulting in the head coach being fired).

Meh...Glennon's decision making had nothing to do then himself. If it's INTs cause of tipped passes from WR's or something like that maybe. Not saying that he had a super talented offense around him.

Still very meh on that pick. It is pretty obvious though that he wouldnt have been around for the next pick, so all we could have done is what draft our DT there? The need for TE is non existent from the brass as is a SLB. Dekoda....It's your time to shine bro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note on Means, he had atleast 8 visits... and with his pro day numbers.... I'm extremely confident he would have been drafted.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Just a note on Means, he had atleast 8 visits... and with his pro day numbers.... I'm extremely confident he would have been drafted.

Yup, apparently we had a visit with him too. It just wasn't publicly reported.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: