Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 running backs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montee, McGahee, Hillman and Hester are virtual locks. I think Moreno and Lance Ball battle it out for a roster spot, but whoever wins will be inactive on gamedays anyways.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
You guys wanting to cut mcgahee are crazy. He is your best rb since Davis. He can truck stick and then have enough speed to get to the endzone. Everytime we play against him I'm worried he can bust out on any run. Moreno isnt even close to him as a runner I don't care about the age.

Ball and mcgahee will be a scary combo with Hillman as a change of pace back. I hope your fo cuts mcgahee but I think it would be a mistake.

We go through running backs so carelessly I'm not sure you've made much of a compliment. Even with that said though, there's no way McGahee is as good or better than Clinton Portis and I wouldn't take him over Mike Anderson either. If Travis Henry wasn't such an idiot he would also be counted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I agree with broncosfan07...

McGahee will start (at least at the beginning) with Montee Ball and Hillman spelling him at times. Hester will be the 4th RB because of ST's purposes. Moreno/Lance Ball/Johnson all get cut. Fanin plays on PS because of his injuries last year.

^ This. McGahee will be the starter, in short, because Mcgahee is the best running back on our team. Pretty simple. Ball and Hillman will back him up, and Moreno will ride the pine (unless, of course, he somehow dominates camp). Hester will stay cause of ST. After McGahee gets injured (we all know he probably will), Ball and Hillman will fill in and do fine. THEN McGahee will be done as a starter. I bet we still keep him around though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
You guys wanting to cut mcgahee are crazy. He is your best rb since Davis. He can truck stick and then have enough speed to get to the endzone. Everytime we play against him I'm worried he can bust out on any run. Moreno isnt even close to him as a runner I don't care about the age.

Ball and mcgahee will be a scary combo with Hillman as a change of pace back. I hope your fo cuts mcgahee but I think it would be a mistake.

I have to disagree I think Moreno was a better back last year. Mcgahee IMO came back down to earth last year after being in a run heavy offense. He was a great pickup for the rebuilding process and can make the roster. If Moreno comes back healthy fats stem cell treatment on his knee I think he makes the roster. Mcgahee is too turn over prone. He fumbles a lot.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hard/cold business perspective is that Willis McGahee was seriously injured in 2012, will soon turn 32, and has a salary of $2.5M/year. In contrast Moreno is only 25 and has a salary of $1.7M/year.

On a pure dollars&cents basis, the front office would keep the younger, cheaper RB if both are viewed as roughly equal in production.

Of all the positions on the team, running back will be the most competitive this year. Pre-season will have big importance.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict M Ball to be the starter by the time we play the Ravens on opening night. He, Hillman and Moreno will get the bulk of the load. I think McGahee is done here. IMO the injuries and fumbles are enough to let him go.

I agree with Hester sticking for ST's purposes.

So I am going with:

M Ball
R Hillman
K Moreno
Jacob Hester

Practice Squad could include CJ Anderson and M Fannin (if healthy)
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we put the idea that Hester is a good goal line back to bed? He is obviously a terrible runner, but I didn't really see anything from him on the goal line either that was special. Just trying to make some conversation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: