Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garett Hartley

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wow_junky


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 297
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Garett Hartley Reply with quote

We haven't picked up a kicker this offseason as far as I know so it looks like we could go into next season with Hartley as our guy again.

What's everyones thoughts on this? Personally I would have liked us to at least bring in an UDFA to compete against Hartley. We've managed to fill a lot of holes in D and grab some depth on O this offseason so for me a kicker is the last gap for us to look at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21570
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say K was one of our biggest needs honestly, Hartley is incredibly average.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QB Connoisseur


Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 3433
Location: Tiger Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I completely forgot about that... I agree, Hartley is just not a good option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2499
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoped we would sign Brett Baer from Louisiana Lafayette as an UDFA, but he signed with the Rams. He's likely just a camp body, so we could bring him in. Very accurate kid.
Still hoping for some change here. Hartley is a hero for his kick against the Vikings, I'll never forget that moment, but now it's time to move on IMO. Not worth a 5 year, 12 million contract and his $2.6 million cap hit this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 334
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Hartley is a hero for his kick against the Vikings, I'll never forget that moment,


Or the one he missed at Atlanta? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wow_junky


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 297
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
I hoped we would sign Brett Baer from Louisiana Lafayette as an UDFA, but he signed with the Rams. He's likely just a camp body, so we could bring him in. Very accurate kid.
Still hoping for some change here. Hartley is a hero for his kick against the Vikings, I'll never forget that moment, but now it's time to move on IMO. Not worth a 5 year, 12 million contract and his $2.6 million cap hit this year.


Just looked up Baer, sounds like the sort of guy we need, good accuracy and a decent leg. I'd be very surprised if the Rams kept Baer and Zuerlein on their roster so maybe we can snag him later in the year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wow_junky


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 297
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Hartley is a hero for his kick against the Vikings, I'll never forget that moment,


Or the one he missed at Atlanta? Rolling Eyes


Or how about the two against KC and GB? Our season could have looked very different if we had won both those games and gone into the bye week 3-2 instead of 1-4!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 334
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Hartley is a hero for his kick against the Vikings, I'll never forget that moment,


Or the one he missed at Atlanta? Rolling Eyes


Or how about the two against KC and GB? Our season could have looked very different if we had won both those games and gone into the bye week 3-2 instead of 1-4!


dude is origami, just folds under pressure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4253
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartley (like Porter) is loved because of what he did for us in 2009/2010. They've both been average or worse than average since.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 7 receptions, 77 yards, 1 TD - 1 rush, 18 yards
Corey White - 6 tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21570
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Hartley (like Porter) is loved because of what he did for us in 2009/2010. They've both been average or worse than average since.

Porter really hasn't played much since, he's been injured. Hartley has just sucked.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krewebrees


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 361
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartley has been pretty good with range. He's hit nearly all of the 40+, but can't hit the 30ish worth crap. I not getting my hopes up for a replacement this year. We still have John Carney's number just in case right? Laughing
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham: 8 rec, 82 yds
Glenn Foster:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group