Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme? Reply with quote

How are we so sure that he'll win the starting right-tackle it's job let alone be an effective player? I question the fit and I doubt Webb will adapt quick enough to be the starter long enough to get comfortable in it.

What are your thoughts?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
How are we so sure that he'll win the starting right-tackle it's job let alone be an effective player? I question the fit and I doubt Webb will adapt quick enough to be the starter long enough to get comfortable in it.

What are your thoughts?

He is by far the best RT on the roster - so unless someone else gets brought in, it is his job to lose.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren’t moving to a ZBS…there are elements of ZB in Kromer scheme but it’s not a true ZB scheme so Webb should be fine…

And I’m not sure he will win the starting job at RT…I’m not sure anyone outside of Bushrod will win a starting job this year…the reason we draft two versatile Olinemen was to create competition…everyone’s job is on the line.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Webb is incredibly athletic.

2. In NO Kromer had Zach Streif and Jon Stinhcomb 2 of the least athletic OTs in the NFL at RT.

Webb will be fine. This system needs big athletic OGs, which we just drafted.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we would have switched to a full zone blocking scheme, if Trestman comes even close to making the offense as quick about getting the ball out as he has been preaching, then Webb should be ok.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:

What are your thoughts?
Webb was a great steal for the Bears and, in spite of all those who dislike him, has been our most consistent lineman during his time here. He has not missed a game although they have moved him from side to side. He will play on our line, barring injury, for years to come.
MiBears4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Webb Reply with quote

Webb was are starting RT at one time. He'll be fine there if he wins the competition.
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme? Reply with quote

I honestly think if Britton stays healthy we're gonna have a battle at RT this season. People seem to be writing him off but he wasn't bad when healthy in Jax and Tice is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Webb Reply with quote

MiBears4 wrote:
Webb was are starting RT at one time. He'll be fine there if he wins the competition.
I don't think there will be any more real competition for RT than there is for LT.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: J'Marcus Webb in a Zone-Blocking Scheme? Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
I honestly think if Britton stays healthy we're gonna have a battle at RT this season. People seem to be writing him off but he wasn't bad when healthy in Jax and Tice is gone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes Britton could threaten for a starting job. I absolutely love that signing. If he's healthy, I think he's going to surprise.

Bushrod - Long - Garza - Slauson - Britton/Webb

That would be the best line we've had in years. Plus Jordan Mills and James "I Feel Good" Brown as reserves - I feel really excited about our offensive line.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britton is an OG.

When healthy Britton was not good at RT and he is no longer healthy.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 2 virtual locks on the o-line, Bushrod at LT and Garza at C (only because they don't have another decent option).

Ideally I would love to see Long get a crack at the RT job and keep Webb and Scott as backups. From there you have Slauson, Mills, Britton, Brown and Carimi battle it out for the guard spots.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
I see 2 virtual locks on the o-line, Bushrod at LT and Garza at C (only because they don't have another decent option).

Ideally I would love to see Long get a crack at the RT job and keep Webb and Scott as backups. From there you have Slauson, Mills, Britton, Brown and Carimi battle it out for the guard spots.
There is little likelihood that Long will be better than Webb at RT whereas there is every likelihood he would be better than all the guards but Slauson. So our strongest improvement would be with him at guard.

I think Long's selection means they are either giving up on Carimi or considering putting him on IR.
Walshy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prediction:

Bushrod-Slauson-Garza-Long-Webb

I think that Bushrod, Slauson, and Long are locks. With Webb having a major edge at RT.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

There is little likelihood that Long will be better than Webb at RT whereas there is every likelihood he would be better than all the guards but Slauson. So our strongest improvement would be with him at guard.

I think Long's selection means they are either giving up on Carimi or considering putting him on IR.

Carimi who? lol

I realize that Long winning the RT job would be a longshot but I believe they see him developing into an above average or elite OT. That's why I say "ideally" with the point being that "IF" (big if) he can win that job it simply means he is ahead of the curve in his development. And that's a good thing. I'm perfectly content with him starting at guard this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: