Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
If we'd signed DaRick Rogers I would have eased up on the Gettleman bashing.

But alas we sign more [inappropriate/removed] Linebackers.

Gettleman can go to hell.

smh.. Ill trust a man whos been in the business and won a super bowl before a fan with no primary knowledge.
skylined8300

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

smh

If we would have only gotten (place players name here) our season would be saved. Now its ruined you hear me.....RUINED Rolling Eyes

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

Overreaction much?

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Overreaction much?

I've never heard people react so violently over day 3 players and undrafted free agents. Starting line ups in the NFL are mostly comprised of 1st and 2nd rounders. Also, if Rogers wasn't drafted there is a reason. No need to bring a potential cancer to the team. Y'all haters need to chill and just enjoy the season. The Panthers improved their team this weekend.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

smh.. Ill trust a man whos been in the business and won a super bowl before a fan with no knowledge.

fixed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

smh.. Ill trust a man whos been in the business and won a super bowl before a fan with no primary knowledge.

First off, Gettleman hasn't "won a super bowl". Lets make that very clear. He was the "Senior Pro Personnel Analyst" with the New York Giants.

He was essentially in charge of scouting. He was NOT the final say on draft picks, thus we have NO idea if the Giants would have even drafted the guys they did, had Gettleman been in charge.

The Giants current GM should be given credit for their draft decisions, not Gettleman.

Why do you guys put this guy on a pedestal like he's a Football God? He hasn't done Anything yet, and nobody in any position of credibility in regards to the NFL believes that Gettleman has done much of anything with this team yet. Sure you can blame Hurney, the salary cap and whatever else you want, but this Draft is on Gettleman as well as all of our irrelevant FA signings and Gettleman did not show that he even understands the concept of draft value.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

First off, Gettleman hasn't "won a super bowl". Lets make that very clear. He was the "Senior Pro Personnel Analyst" with the New York Giants.

He was essentially in charge of scouting. He was NOT the final say on draft picks, thus we have NO idea if the Giants would have even drafted the guys they did, had Gettleman been in charge.

The Giants current GM should be given credit for their draft decisions, not Gettleman.

Why do you guys put this guy on a pedestal like he's a Football God? He hasn't done Anything yet, and nobody in any position of credibility in regards to the NFL believes that Gettleman has done much of anything with this team yet. Sure you can blame Hurney, the salary cap and whatever else you want, but this Draft is on Gettleman as well as all of our irrelevant FA signings and Gettleman did not show that he even understands the concept of draft value.

I'm sure you spent your entire last year scouting and working out these players, or do you just like to trash people and be mad at the world?

Just because we didn't take a CB, S, or WR these people flip. We signed FA at those positions that have played in the NFL. Your not going to get a day 1 starter in 4th round unless your very lucky.

Thanks CK
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

I'm sure you spent your entire last year scouting and working out these players, or do you just like to trash people and be mad at the world?

Just because we didn't take a CB, S, or WR these people flip. We signed FA at those positions that have played in the NFL. Your not going to get a day 1 starter in 4th round unless your very lucky.

My gripe is not just with some of the Players chosen, but with where they were chosen.

That Guard in the 4th round for example, would have been there in the 5th, and likely the 6th. So why take him in the 4th? Just because you believe in a kid, doesn't mean you Overdraft or Reach for him.

Why you people choose to ignore the Everette Browns, Armanti Edwards, Sione Fua's of the Franchise's History is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

And if this is by your opinion, like I said in the original, Ill trust a man whos been in the business than a fan with no primary knowledge.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

My gripe is not just with some of the Players chosen, but with where they were chosen.

That Guard in the 4th round for example, would have been there in the 5th, and likely the 6th. So why take him in the 4th? Just because you believe in a kid, doesn't mean you Overdraft or Reach for him.

Why you people choose to ignore the Everette Browns, Armanti Edwards, Sione Fua's of the Franchise's History is beyond me.

How do you know when they were going to be picked? You have psychic abilities? Oh you listen to the talking heads on TV?

Let them play and we will see in a couple years if they were right pick or not. We have had good success in drafting Oline in later rounds.

Thanks CK
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Would you rather have the player we want picked 30 spots to early or one spot too late?

4th-7th are all usually depth players or project players that will take time but have the potential to develop into good-great players.

What if we passed over Edmund because Gettleman thought, "Well I'm sure he will be there in the 5th", but he ended up being picked at 147 and turned out to be great?

The draft isn't an exact science, you pick the players you want and think will succeed and hope for the best. To be honest I'm not sure I can remember too many 4th round game changers we've had on this team, why not take a chance on someone with great potential?

Just give it some time, that's really all we're saying.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettleman said they were looking at a few people but the coaches said they were not a fit and they passed on them. It's great he listens to the coaches input.

Thanks CK
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Gettleman said they were looking at a few people but the coaches said they were not a fit and they passed on them. It's great he listens to the coaches input.

Just out of curiosity I wonder who they were.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

Just out of curiosity I wonder who they were.

They mentioned one guy was a really quick guy at another position, probably WR, but he didn't fit what they were trying to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: