Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you sign Tim Tebow if he was a FA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you sign Tebow?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
No
79%
 79%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 34

ak06max

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Oh please. Tebow attempted eight passes last year, and just 82 in 2010. In his only "real" season he completed less than half of his passes. Tebow isn't a good QB - he's a guy who won against sub .500 teams behind a great defense. Nothing more.

The comparison was a joke. Obviously I'm not arguing that he has anywhere near the talent of Cutler. I just don't think it's fair to say that he shouldn't be in the league given his record so far.

I do find it funny that you should say this, however:
AZBearsFan wrote:
he's a guy who won against sub .500 teams behind a great defense

Because this was basically Cutler's season this year.

Compare Denvers O line to ours. Tebow needs to play in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Oh please. Tebow attempted eight passes last year, and just 82 in 2010. In his only "real" season he completed less than half of his passes. Tebow isn't a good QB - he's a guy who won against sub .500 teams behind a great defense. Nothing more.

The comparison was a joke. Obviously I'm not arguing that he has anywhere near the talent of Cutler. I just don't think it's fair to say that he shouldn't be in the league given his record so far.

AZBearsFan wrote:

True, but that isn't on Cutler. This offense wasn't good because he has nobody to block. Denver's offense under Tebow was bad because Tebow can't complete even half of his passes (and far less if you discount all of the prevent defense 2-minute drill stuff).

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Landru wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

AZBearsFan wrote:

True, but that isn't on Cutler. This offense wasn't good because he has nobody to block. Denver's offense under Tebow was bad because Tebow can't complete even half of his passes (and far less if you discount all of the prevent defense 2-minute drill stuff).

Worked well enough for Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw to get into the HOF. He just needs to put his percentage up by 3-4% lol
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really needed three pages? The guy sucks, bottom line.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
This really needed three pages? The guy sucks, bottom line.

Someone should take a screen shot of the poll at the top and make a sig of it.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Tebow can't complete even half of his passes (and far less if you discount all of the prevent defense 2-minute drill stuff).

Worked well enough for Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw to get into the HOF. He just needs to put his percentage up by 3-4% lol

I know this was a LOL, but people actually use this argument. If Tebow played in the deadball era he'd be completing 35% of his passes.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing

Make it happen!
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Landru wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

AZBearsFan wrote:

What has to be accounted for is that we were WINNING games when the OL was sucking and LOSING games after it improved. That can be directly linked to coaching.

Our offense was awful but it was not because of Cutler.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: