Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Chip Kelly ? Reply with quote

I'm a Bronco fan but I follow the Eagles because I like sports talk radio and they are the local team. Last night Paul Jolly agreed with the caller when he said that Chip Kelly will revolutionize the game. I know it's the honey moon phase because Chip is a great speaker and has made solid moves and he's not Andy but I'm sorry that's where I draw the line. At best I think Kelly can do what they do up in New England. You have great offensive minds between qbs and coaches in New England, Green bay, New Orleans, Denver (Manning is a qb/ coach). Washington, San Fran. I put San Fran on the list because their read option and blocking schemes are pretty fantastic. To say that Chip is going to revolutionize the game is a little over board. Also, I agree Chip is great with the media right now but they haven't played a game yet. It's easier to deal with the media when you haven't lost a game or called a bad game.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Blahman88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thing he's gonna suck major tatty-bo-jangles.....

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be just X's and O's on the field.

Our players have to sleep 10 hours a night, and they have specially designed smoothies for them. We are also not going to practice like any other team in the nfl.

We will be different, but to truly revolutionize how things work we will need to be successful

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Our players have to sleep 10 hours a night, and they have specially designed smoothies for them. We are also not going to practice like any other team in the nfl.

We will be different, but to truly revolutionize how things work we will need to be successful

That's my point that's just coaching tactics. Of course they are running an up tempo offense but to say they are going to revolutionize the game is ridiculous. Chip hasn't coached a game and is being put on a pedestal with Walsh and hoody man Paul a Jody Mac are my favorite radio opinions. But I think Paul is sipping too much kool aid.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Fataznguy888

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: let me get this straight Reply with quote

so... you're making a new topic on the board to express your feelings about something you heard on a Philadelphia sports radio station (which many Philadelphians would agree that they suck) about a caller's opinion about Chip Kelly...

You do realize that there are Eagles fans that criticize Chip Kelly and aren't so fond of him...

Was this really necessary?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

That's my point that's just coaching tactics. Of course they are running an up tempo offense but to say they are going to revolutionize the game is ridiculous. Chip hasn't coached a game and is being put on a pedestal with Walsh and hoody man.

Well chip is probably the only new coach that has the ability to revolutionize anything. But I don't think it will be on the field, if he changes anything it might be how teams view and utilize sports science to try and a gain a competitive edge.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:

That's my point that's just coaching tactics. Of course they are running an up tempo offense but to say they are going to revolutionize the game is ridiculous. Chip hasn't coached a game and is being put on a pedestal with Walsh and hoody man Paul a Jody Mac are my favorite radio opinions. But I think Paul is sipping too much kool aid.

Maybe he has been put on a pedestal by the media, but I can tell you that there are plenty of people in this forum that are also being cautious. He has a lot to prove, but what he has done so far is solid. I support everything he has done except keeping Vick on the team.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul also said he thinks the Barkley pick will go down as the best in the franchise history but than said he doesn't know if Barkley will be a franchise Qb. This also makes zero sense in order for the pick to be the best in team history Barkley has to be a franchise qb.

Big Palooka wrote:
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: let me get this straight Reply with quote

Fataznguy888 wrote:
so... you're making a new topic on the board to express your feelings about something you heard on a Philadelphia sports radio station (which many Philadelphians would agree that they suck) about a caller's opinion about Chip Kelly...

You do realize that there are Eagles fans that criticize Chip Kelly and aren't so fond of him...

Was this really necessary?

You are right I guess I should of read threw the forum to see opinions before I posted this. It's just a polarizing topic and I wanted to gauge opinions on it. The guy hasn't coached a down and is already considered the greatest offensive mind in the NFL by some Philadelphia fans not all.

Big Palooka wrote:
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I love Chip

Love how he pimp slaps the media in a fun way, love that he tells it as it is, and that he explains his line of thinking.

But obviously it doesn't mean much until we get a season maybe two under our belts.

I agree with Ninja that the sports science aspect is the thing that is most likely going to be copied if we do well. Sure old time coaches won't bother with it perhaps but I think you'll see some coaches or strength staff use it if it seems to help with our success.

In terms or revolutionizing the game on the field, well that's very difficult. Alot of what is considered new and revolutionary is just repurposed old concepts....like Chip said when he first got hired....unless you are the guys who sat down and made up the game around a century ago..you are stealing from somebody.

Now it'll be interesting how Chip adapts to the personnel, especially if say an important piece goes down, if he can adjust and change the whole offense on the fly like he did at New Hampshire in a week....that might be revolutionary but it'll be damn impressive.

I have high hopes for Chip, I think the fact that he asks "Why?" At everything will help him succeed where so many have failed. We have a pretty good base of talent, with a lot of potential that hasn't been unlocked......if Chip can tap that this first year he should have a successful career.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in what the NFLPA has to say about the things Kelly is doing.
The sports science thing is fine and was bound to happen. It's the natural evolution of sports in general.
When he starts telling grown men what to eat and drink, what time to be in bed and provides someone to pay their bills for them I think the Union is going to have some kind of problem with that.
It should be interesting.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
I'm interested in what the NFLPA has to say about the things Kelly is doing.
The sports science thing is fine and was bound to happen. It's the natural evolution of sports in general.
When he starts telling grown men what to eat and drink, what time to be in bed and provides someone to pay their bills for them I think the Union is going to have some kind of problem with that.
It should be interesting.

Why? It's not like he can force them to do any of it. He's probably just making recommendations. He has no way to make sure Danny Watkins is getting 10 hours of sleep or eating his greens.

Plus it's not like it's harmful to the players. If anything, the players are going to like this approach because it's making them better athletes, better educated human beings with regard to their own health.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: