Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be our Offensive and Defensive MVP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Who will be our Offensive and Defensive MVP? Reply with quote

In 2010, you had Johnson for defense and... Kalil for offense?

In 2011, you had Newton for offense and still Johnson for defense.

In 2012, I'm not sure who for offense as nobody really shined consistently and then pick your poison between Johnson and Hardy for defense.

Who do you guys think will shine for us on offense and defense this year? For offense, I'm thinking Greg Olsen. Last year, he recorded 843 yards and 5 touchdowns despite the offense being fairly inconsistent. I think with Shula at OC, we'll go back to a more downhill offense and less finesse. With hopefully an improved Newton, I expect Olsen to put up some great numbers and arguably be our #1 target this year as unfortunately I see Smith on a steady decline.

It's a lot harder for defense. I know he's a rookie and all but Star is the kind of guy who I think, as the season progresses and he improves, can quickly make a huge impact on the game. You have Kuechly who looked brilliant at times last year and should only be better if we get the kind of DT play we expect. You've got Johnson whose arguably been our key guy three years in a row and Hardy who shined last year. But I'm actually going to go with Jon Beason if he stays healthy. I think he's going to get a lot of opportunities to make plays if he plays at WILL like he believes/wants and in my opinion, his best season yet was in 2009 when he played half the season on the outside and he still played well the next year with horrific DT play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Stewart for offense. I believe our running game will be back to tip top form with Kalil coming back and our Oline starting to figure things out. The reason I picked Stewart is because he hasn't had a break out year since his rookie season. This being said he is due and knows he has the top RB spot for the taking if he can step up.

Defense, Beason. Bold pick, I know. The reason being, he is coming back from back to back seasons in which he had a season ending injury. I know you're saying to yourselves, "but what does that have anything to do with it?", A lot. This year its pretty much crap or get off the toilet for Beason, he hasn't had a probowl worthy year since 2009, if he can't step up and deliver this year I believe he is trade bait (hate to say it). Again, he is switching positions to outside, when he did this back in 2010, he struggled, badly. I feel he will overcome the adversity and prove the critics wrong.

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olsen and Keek are my picks.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go the predictable route and just say Smith for Offense and Keuchly for Defense. I think run game will improve so the pass game won't be as predictable. Schula is almost guaranteed to be a better O-Cord than Chud so that helps too. On defense I just picked Keuchly because he's a beast. It's either him or one of the DEs. Star is unlikely but still possible.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
panther dude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say Keek and Cam is the most likely combo. I'd like to add if were talking about most valuable, that could be Star right off the bat because of the effect he'll have on the game. He'll make everyone's job so much easier and improve our defense from day 1.

I think I'm switching my vote to Kalil and Star Laughing
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
I'll go the predictable route and just say Smith for Offense and Keuchly for Defense. I think run game will improve so the pass game won't be as predictable.Schula is almost guaranteed to be a better O-Cord than Chud so that helps too. On defense I just picked Keuchly because he's a beast. It's either him or one of the DEs. Star is unlikely but still possible.

Might I ask why?

Gamecocks
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
I'll go the predictable route and just say Smith for Offense and Keuchly for Defense. I think run game will improve so the pass game won't be as predictable.Schula is almost guaranteed to be a better O-Cord than Chud so that helps too. On defense I just picked Keuchly because he's a beast. It's either him or one of the DEs. Star is unlikely but still possible.

Might I ask why?

I might have worded that wrong. I feel as if the offense will be more successful this year. I think Cam will be more comfortable with Schula and the offense runs through him. Ipso facto better offense.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:

Might I ask why?

I might have worded that wrong. I feel as if the offense will be more successful this year. I think Cam will be more comfortable with Schula and the offense runs through him. Ipso facto better offense.

I mean I really hope so. I feel as if it will be more of an average offense, less big times plays and less trickery

Gamecocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: