Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Renfree | Round 7 | Pick 249

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Sean Renfree | Round 7 | Pick 249 Reply with quote

Discuss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Love Love the pick. I doubt he will ever be a starter in the league, but he is Jason Garrett. Smart. Will be able to learn the system easily, and know it as well as Matt. Has a descent skill set, but wont wow anyone. He will be our primary backup for the next 3-5 years.

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Love Love Love the pick. I doubt he will ever be a starter in the league, but he is Jason Garrett. Smart. Will be able to learn the system easily, and know it as well as Matt. Has a descent skill set, but wont wow anyone. He will be our primary backup for the next 3-5 years.

This. He was a steal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have perferred Bray or Scott, but I guess both went undrafted for a reason. He just doesn't have the flip ability that I would prefer in late round QBs

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I would have perferred Bray or Scott, but I guess both went undrafted for a reason. He just doesn't have the flip ability that I would prefer in late round QBs

and that matters why? There are a total of 3 starting QBs in the league that were traded to other teams to be starters(Flynn, Kolb, and Schaub). Its not a common occurrence. Might as well get the player best suited for the system, and the guy you feel that will do the best for your own team.

#JDI
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-duke-quartrback-sean-renfree

Quote:
The steal of the draft. That's what Duke head coach David Cutcliffe says about Blue Devils quarterback Sean Renfree, a 6-foot-3, 219-pound senior. Renfree is the latest in the line of Cutcliffe disciples that includes Peyton and Eli Manning.

Quote:
This 29-yard pass hits the tight end’s hands after Renfree drops it over the defender flashing underneath. While the replay shows that the pass was possibly thrown a split-second late, this was still a very good throw from an off-balance position that he’ll have to make in the NFL in similar down-and-distance situations while facing similar pressure.
These are the types of passes I saw Russell Wilson make at N.C. State.
Renfree’s pocket presence is an ingrained part of his game. He slides away from pressure while maintaining good throwing form -- Ryan Tannehill at Texas A&M was one example of a player who showed this -– and he possesses a good internal clock to get rid of the football. Combine this with the other NFL-caliber pocket skills I've discussed and Renfree has the makings of a potential starter. One that has a shorter developmental time than many may realize.
Is he the steal of the draft? Who knows, there's a lot about transitioning to the NFL that goes beyond skill: injury, emotional-psychological transition, money, team politics, etc. But at a position personnel executives consider the most important when building a team, Renfree is at least a solid candidate for that potential honor.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to trust any college coach about a QB its Cutcliffe. Glad we got a guy that could possibly be our #2 QB. I don't think Dom Davis just lets him have the spot though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
If I was to trust any college coach about a QB its Cutcliffe. Glad we got a guy that could possibly be our #2 QB. I don't think Dom Davis just lets him have the spot though.

Well not without a fight anway. But he seems to play like a young brett farve to me

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im buying a Renfree jersey. Already my second favorite player on the team.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: