Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Alford | Round 2 | Pick 60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5576
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Why is everyone attacking Rize Falcons because he disagrees with the strategy? That's his opinion which we should all respect regardless if you disagree. And TD doesn't always make the right decisions. "In TD I Trust" is thrown around pretty loosely around here as if the guy is a god. Not having a 3rd did hurt us and that is true. Now we won't know how bad until the draft is over. But just because a fan doesn't agree with strategy doesn't make him a bad fan. Grow up guys.


No one is attacking him. However we are allowed to disagree and he makes it pretty easy to do so.


Please explain what is so easy to disagree with I am anxious to hear your side of my opinion that so wrong since it was my opinion that is being hammered ! Its true what they say every fan base has dummies but I guess there have to be because they need somebody to work the parking lots outside the stadium on Sundays! =>shockatfalcons and =>falconattack and u eagles


I already did but ill give you the short version and then you can go back and read the original post.

You have no idea who MN wanted. What we do know is that they wanted a corner, as evidenced by the Rhodes pick. So how did TD get spooked. You can not say definitively who would have been there at 30. Its not arguable.

Ok TD didn't know who they wanted so he ASSUMED they would take Trufant so nobody was sure what Minnesota would do, the point is arguable from both sides and I gave my opinion which you challenged.
So lets see we all learned that assuming makes an [inappropriate/removed] out of you and me and opinions are like aholes everybodys has them SO LET ME HAVE MINE HOMIE!


Who said you cant have your own opinion? Feel free to have one, good or bad.

Your right, TD didnt know. He clearly had a good idea they would take a corner though and he didnt want their leftovers. He wanted to make the choice on who he would get, not have the choice made for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 942
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Why is everyone attacking Rize Falcons because he disagrees with the strategy? That's his opinion which we should all respect regardless if you disagree. And TD doesn't always make the right decisions. "In TD I Trust" is thrown around pretty loosely around here as if the guy is a god. Not having a 3rd did hurt us and that is true. Now we won't know how bad until the draft is over. But just because a fan doesn't agree with strategy doesn't make him a bad fan. Grow up guys.


No one is attacking him. However we are allowed to disagree and he makes it pretty easy to do so.


Please explain what is so easy to disagree with I am anxious to hear your side of my opinion that so wrong since it was my opinion that is being hammered ! Its true what they say every fan base has dummies but I guess there have to be because they need somebody to work the parking lots outside the stadium on Sundays! =>shockatfalcons and =>falconattack and u eagles


I already did but ill give you the short version and then you can go back and read the original post.

You have no idea who MN wanted. What we do know is that they wanted a corner, as evidenced by the Rhodes pick. So how did TD get spooked. You can not say definitively who would have been there at 30. Its not arguable.

Ok TD didn't know who they wanted so he ASSUMED they would take Trufant so nobody was sure what Minnesota would do, the point is arguable from both sides and I gave my opinion which you challenged.
So lets see we all learned that assuming makes an [inappropriate/removed] out of you and me and opinions are like aholes everybodys has them SO LET ME HAVE MINE HOMIE!

You say both both sides can be argued, but I think I remember you saying that whoever doesn't agree with you is a moron

RIZE FALCONS wrote:

and whoever disagrees with my opinion is a moron


Oh yeah there it is Laughing
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 251
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Why is everyone attacking Rize Falcons because he disagrees with the strategy? That's his opinion which we should all respect regardless if you disagree. And TD doesn't always make the right decisions. "In TD I Trust" is thrown around pretty loosely around here as if the guy is a god. Not having a 3rd did hurt us and that is true. Now we won't know how bad until the draft is over. But just because a fan doesn't agree with strategy doesn't make him a bad fan. Grow up guys.


No one is attacking him. However we are allowed to disagree and he makes it pretty easy to do so.


Please explain what is so easy to disagree with I am anxious to hear your side of my opinion that so wrong since it was my opinion that is being hammered ! Its true what they say every fan base has dummies but I guess there have to be because they need somebody to work the parking lots outside the stadium on Sundays! =>shockatfalcons and =>falconattack and u eagles


I already did but ill give you the short version and then you can go back and read the original post.

You have no idea who MN wanted. What we do know is that they wanted a corner, as evidenced by the Rhodes pick. So how did TD get spooked. You can not say definitively who would have been there at 30. Its not arguable.

Ok TD didn't know who they wanted so he ASSUMED they would take Trufant so nobody was sure what Minnesota would do, the point is arguable from both sides and I gave my opinion which you challenged.
So lets see we all learned that assuming makes an [inappropriate/removed] out of you and me and opinions are like aholes everybodys has them SO LET ME HAVE MINE HOMIE!


Who said you cant have your own opinion? Feel free to have one, good or bad.

Your right, TD didnt know. He clearly had a good idea they would take a corner though and he didnt want their leftovers. He wanted to make the choice on who he would get, not have the choice made for him.


Fair enough I agree with that but belittling someone for their opinion is acenine and thats all i am going too say on this
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FalconAttack


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 366
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:

Fair enough I agree with that but belittling someone for their opinion is acenine and thats all i am going too say on this


Arrow When you state your opinion and seem to misrepresent it as fact is when it needs to be straitened out one way or another.

Arrow While not posting too often here I do visit almost daily/weekly as reading material and can tell you there are some extremely knowledgeable hermaphrodites here regardless of their age. I get 1/2 my knowledge from Scar and Devils alone!

Arrow TD is the GM and in fact does make the calls so.... we better hope we can trust him atleast a little. Sure he's missed on picks but what GM hasn't.

Arrow I lost a lot of respect for Blank after force feeding us the new stadium. We have a perfectly good dome like it or not in a bad location and now they're gonna build 1 right next door and spend hard to come by money in a lousy economy that is possibly on the verge of total collapse when the Atlanta sewer infrastructure has seen the last 6 popes.
Say goodbye to atleast some conventions when the hotel tax takes effect.
Blank should be ashamed. This is ofcourse just my opinion.

Arrow While not selling any alcohol at the dome, I do purchase some. I went to 3 games last year. The last was San Fran @ the dome which I paid $850 for the ticket alone for 2nd row, around the 50 in club level. We might have lost but I had a blast anyways. I will be at the NE game week 4 in '13.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doggydoggy3038


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since most of the pass rushers were gone by our pick i like the selection. im not as confident in mcclain as most people. i was pretty impressed with him last season but i dont think it's smart to make him part of the plan when he hasnt played all that much.

does anybody else see the similarities in last years and this years CBs? desmond trufant is about the same height and weight as dunta robinson. im no scout so i dont know exactly how similar their playing styles are, but i would guess dunta was more physical. alford and grimes are about the same height/weight and are both quick and small. again, i dont know anything about alfords playing style.

i believe alford will start in the nickel this year. i dont think TD would take him in the 2nd unless he believed he could contribute significantly this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JonnyQuest


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 1676
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alford and Grimes are comparable.

Trufant and Dunta are not similar at all.
_________________

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 942
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Trufant would compare more favorably to Samuel than Robinson. Dunta's physicality will be missed, but I'm very comfortable with the CBs we have now.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 251
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FalconAttack"]
RIZE FALCONS wrote:

Fair enough I agree with that but belittling someone for their opinion is acenine and thats all i am going too say on this


Arrow When you state your opinion and seem to misrepresent it as fact is when it needs to be straitened out one way or another.

Arrow While not posting too often here I do visit almost daily/weekly as reading material and can tell you there are some extremely knowledgeable hermaphrodites here regardless of their age. I get 1/2 my knowledge from Scar and Devils alone!

Arrow TD is the GM and in fact does make the calls so.... we better hope we can trust him atleast a little. Sure he's missed on picks but what GM hasn't.

Arrow I lost a lot of respect for Blank after force feeding us the new stadium. We have a perfectly good dome like it or not in a bad location and now they're gonna build 1 right next door and spend hard to come by money in a lousy economy that is possibly on the verge of total collapse when the Atlanta sewer infrastructure has seen the last 6 popes.
Say goodbye to atleast some conventions when the hotel tax takes effect.
Blank should be ashamed. This is ofcourse just my opinion.

Arrow While not selling any alcohol at the dome, I do purchase some. I went to 3 games last year. The last was San Fran @ the dome which I paid $850 for the ticket alone for 2nd row, around the 50 in club level. We might have lost but I had a blast anyways. I will be at the NE game week 4 in '13.[/quote






Ok but i never used the word fact in anything I said, so in my opinion I never misrepresented Minnesota by saying "they were gonna take Rhodes and thats a fact" so for u to attack my opinion as factually information was a fault on your part! In short just because you don't agree with someones opinion doesn't mean you can attack them so for future conversations try to understand to argue your side is ok but don't personalize your insults thinking your cool because someone doesn't agree with what a very human person in TD does!
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29473
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Similar to the Lamar Holmes pick... the who? what? huh?... next thing thing you know he went from the potential left tackle of the future to the possible right tackle to replace clabo.

Easy.................

Keep calm..... let it play out....day 3 awaits.
to be fair, no one expected Baker to be as good as he was this year.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 251
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Yeah, Trufant would compare more favorably to Samuel than Robinson. Dunta's physicality will be missed, but I'm very comfortable with the CBs we have now.


I couldn't agree more with the physicality of our safeties i think another risk taker at corner similiar to Samuel is what we need and I am pretty sure Trufant and Alford can tackle to so I am happy with our secondary it is borderline top notch, I just wish we could have added a guy like Jelani Jenkins or Sean Porter at the OLB spot to sub in and out with Nicholas to cover them speedy TE's.
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 18144
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggydoggy3038 wrote:
since most of the pass rushers were gone by our pick i like the selection. im not as confident in mcclain as most people. i was pretty impressed with him last season but i dont think it's smart to make him part of the plan when he hasnt played all that much.

does anybody else see the similarities in last years and this years CBs? desmond trufant is about the same height and weight as dunta robinson. im no scout so i dont know exactly how similar their playing styles are, but i would guess dunta was more physical. alford and grimes are about the same height/weight and are both quick and small. again, i dont know anything about alfords playing style.

i believe alford will start in the nickel this year. i dont think TD would take him in the 2nd unless he believed he could contribute significantly this year.


Welcome to the boards!

We havent heard any word out of Flowery Branch, but I would expect McClain to stay in the nickle role, since he was very effective last year. He might be a one year wonder, and thats where Alford comes in. Alford can refine some of his skills at the dime spot, and be ready in a year or two to take over for either Samuel or McClain. Trufant should be the starting corner, opposite Asante.
_________________

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4610
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Awesome pick. I told you guys CB was still a huge need. The Falcons had three quality CB's on the roster before the pick. Three start in Nolan's defense. Do you guys not see the problem with that? Alford is crazy talented who could even start as a rookie. I'm not sold on McClain yet. Even if he is the #4 this year, he will most likely eventually start as Samuel won't last forever. Trufant and Alford should be fun to watch over the years.
3 quality cb's b4 the pick? Lets see. Assante, and ............. Hell, thats it. I cant even think of 2 "quality" cb's on the roster b4 the draft. Much less 3. Guess it wasnt too bad of a pick afterall. McClain is ok I guess. And i know good and darn well your're not calling Franks a quality cb. At least I hope not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4610
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Why is everyone attacking Rize Falcons because he disagrees with the strategy? That's his opinion which we should all respect regardless if you disagree. And TD doesn't always make the right decisions. "In TD I Trust" is thrown around pretty loosely around here as if the guy is a god. Not having a 3rd did hurt us and that is true. Now we won't know how bad until the draft is over. But just because a fan doesn't agree with strategy doesn't make him a bad fan. Grow up guys.
Agreed. I said he panicked when he traded up for "short arms" Sam Baker and got the same kind of treatment. TD hits and MISSES, just like every other GM. ESPECIALLY when it comes to db's, so I can see why some are concerned. (Owens, Chevis, Franks, Schillinger, Middleton, etc............. And Baker and Jerry(1st rd picks) arent world beaters either. I think people get caught up in the Matt Ryan selection(which was a good pick), WHEN HE WAS THE OBVIOUS PICK. OUR QB WAS IN JAIL for crying out loud. However, he nailed the Lofton, Weatherspoon, Julio, Peter's, and WillyMo picks. TD has done a good job, but enough of this "in TD I trust" shizz. 1 Playoff win in 5 years is 1 playoff win in 5 years. Hell, Mckay did that, and we ran his azz out of town. Just sayin Smile And btw, look at our DE's since TD has been here, and let me here you say 'in TD I trust". Earth calling Ray Edwards, Lawrence Sidbury, Jonathon Massoquoi, Cliff Matthews, and Kroy Biermann. You copy??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doggydoggy3038


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Alford and Grimes are comparable.

Trufant and Dunta are not similar at all.



Trufant is 5'11, im pretty sure Dunta is about 5'11, maybe 6'0. Both are about 190 lbs and run about 4.4. I agree their playing styles probably aren't similar but I have never seen Trufant play.

I also hate to be a racist but they look pretty similar, skin tone and dreads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2289
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggydoggy3038 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Alford and Grimes are comparable.

Trufant and Dunta are not similar at all.



Trufant is 5'11, im pretty sure Dunta is about 5'11, maybe 6'0. Both are about 190 lbs and run about 4.4. I agree their playing styles probably aren't similar but I have never seen Trufant play.

I also hate to be a racist but they look pretty similar, skin tone and dreads.


It's not racist to point out that two people have the same hair style and skin tone haha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group