Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 16th selection Buffalo selects, EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
E.J. Presser.

Great kid. Love the way he carries himself.

I love this guy, one of the better post-draft interviews I've seen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could potentially be like Big Ben, except faster (4.65 to a 4.75 40), smarter, and hopefully no off the field issues, that is where I think his ceiling is.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
He could potentially be like Big Ben, except faster (4.65 to a 4.75 40), smarter, and hopefully no off the field issues, that is where I think his ceiling is.
I just don't see him as the same type of player that Big Ben is. Ben is a scrambler, Manuel is a runner.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
I just don't see him as the same type of player that Big Ben is. Ben is a scrambler, Manuel is a runner.

I agree with you, but I think Ben was more of a runner, like a bull runner early in his career, but then he wrecked his motorcycle and I think he avoided contact and started his "extending plays" type scrambles.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say E.J. sits for a year, Buffalo does terrible and ends up with a high draft pick... do they take another QB?
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Let's say E.J. sits for a year, Buffalo does terrible and ends up with a high draft pick... do they take another QB?

Tough call. Depends just how bad we do. I don't think we will.

If it's REALLY bad and we get the #1 or #2 pick I would think we'd be able to get Jadaveon Clowney. Assuming the Raiders finish last and get Teddy Bridgewater..

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do REALLY bad, like, #1-#2. Odds are the coaching staff plays EJ at some point to see how he does anyway.

Even if he sits the whole year in that case, I don't think we do, QB's nowadays get 2-3 years at least. He'll get the chance to show himself year 2.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I think Manuel sees the field if we are that bad.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

I'd run the same route that St. Louis did - auction off the pick to the highest bidder. The Rams are more or less set for quite a while, they have a scary looking team that will be good for a very long time.

Love the Manuel pick - before the end of last season, I saw how Manuel put the FSU team on his back and led them to a win against Clemson. There was an "IT" factor to him that game, like nothing he could do would be wrong. Just dazzled that day, made every throw and led the Seminoles on the improbable comeback...I just saw him make play after play, completely calm and collected. Nothing was able to rattle him.

If he's brought along slowly, I can see a franchise starter for 10+ years. Kid has got "IT" and will be a special QB one day.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You draft Jadeveon Clowney no questions asked!

Thanks Max
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice avy ET!

If I recall correctly, Nix had mentioned something about there being two franchise quarterbacks in this draft. I wonder who he thinks the other one is.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting seeing all the comments about EJ must sit this 1st year/throw Kolb to the wolves... Um, anyone else excited by the prospect of Kolb finally playing behind a better OL, with a better running game, and our current bevy of receivers, which are probably on par with what AZ has had recently? If Kolb can stay healthy, he's going to impress and T-Jax will never see the field (as he shouldn't). I'm pretty confident that our offense will be improved from last year and, once again, it will be the play of our D that determines just how many wins we can get. I suspect we could surprise quite a few teams this year or at the very least be one of those teams everyone secretly wishes they weren't playing! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Interesting seeing all the comments about EJ must sit this 1st year/throw Kolb to the wolves... Um, anyone else excited by the prospect of Kolb finally playing behind a better OL, with a better running game, and our current bevy of receivers, which are probably on par with what AZ has had recently? If Kolb can stay healthy, he's going to impress and T-Jax will never see the field (as he shouldn't). I'm pretty confident that our offense will be improved from last year and, once again, it will be the play of our D that determines just how many wins we can get. I suspect we could surprise quite a few teams this year or at the very least be one of those teams everyone secretly wishes they weren't playing! Twisted Evil
I have never been impressed by Kolb ever. He was never impressive in Philly or in Arizona. Could he be a decent QB for us? Absolutely. Am I excited about Kolb lining up behind center? Not in the slightest.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it would be interesting to see Kolb behind a better offensive line, I'm not sure how well he will fit into Buffalo's system.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

the enthusiasm is great, a welcome change around here...it's still Kevin Kolb but it's appreciated all the same!

i wouldn't expect the offense to average 40 pts a game right off the bat but they sure have potential to be a special unit.

i think whomever is the quickest to grasp the playbook and keeps the offense running the next play in a hurry is the guy who wins the job.

Kolb's experience in Andy Reid's WCO offense will probably help him. the excuses for Kolb's failures seem to be removed though, you're right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: