Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade The Division Foe's Drafts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GFalcon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Grade The Division Foe's Drafts Reply with quote

Saw this in the draft thread, thought it was interesting

so how would you guys grade our division opponents drafts?

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all three teams hit on their first round picks. Star could end ip being the best player in the draft. Banks is a great corner and Vaccaro is a pretty good safety.

Then it started to crumple. Carolina didn't address thier secondary, and drafted another RB instead. TB didn't address the NT position, and they unwisely drafted Glennon, when QBs were free falling.

New Orleans had an amazing UDFA haul, though

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa did great between revis / spence.

Carolina gave cam some WR help.

NO... added the best safety in the draft.

Our division is still one of the toughest if not the best one.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Carolina didnt draft a WR.

Carolina:
-Really love Star. He is the best player in the draft imo. I dont like the Short pick. He is similar to Star, and I dont think they will work together well. Dont like Kugbila that early, and Klein and Barner werent needs. Didnt address secondary or receivers.(B-)

New Orleans:
-Vaccaro was a good pick, but I dont think it was a need with Jenkins as their FS. Not a fan of Armstead. He probably wont make a impact anytime soon. Really like Jenkins in the 3rd. Could start from day 1. Stills could be a steal late. Still didnt address their pass rushers, nor their corners.(B)

Tampa Bay:
-Banks is a nice selection in the second. Should be able to play from day 1. Glennon is a huge head scratcher. Dont understand it at all. Really dont like Spence, Gholston, Means, or James. Still have no pass rushers, and didnt bring in anyone for Freeman to pass to.(C-/B- with Revis)

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Carolina:
-Really love Star. He is the best player in the draft imo. I dont like the Short pick. He is similar to Star, and I dont think they will work together well. Dont like Kugbila that early, and Klein and Barner werent needs. Didnt address secondary or receivers.(B-)

New Orleans:
-Vaccaro was a good pick, but I dont think it was a need with Jenkins as their FS. Not a fan of Armstead. He probably wont make a impact anytime soon. Really like Jenkins in the 3rd. Could start from day 1. Stills could be a steal late. Still didnt address their pass rushers, nor their corners.(B)

Tampa Bay:
-Banks is a nice selection in the second. Should be able to play from day 1. Glennon is a huge head scratcher. Dont understand it at all. Really dont like Spence, Gholston, Means, or James. Still have no pass rushers, and didnt bring in anyone for Freeman to pass to.(C-/B- with Revis)

Pretty much this but I think Vaccaro isn't going to be anything too special. Probably a 7-8 year decent starter. Also I think saying Star was the best in the draft is a bit of a reach. Him and Sheldon Richardson were both around 10 or so on my big board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Carolina:

New Orleans:

Tampa Bay:

Pretty much this but I think Vaccaro isn't going to be anything too special. Probably a 7-8 year decent starter. Also I think saying Star was the best in the draft is a bit of a reach. Him and Sheldon Richardson were both around 10 or so on my big board.

I don't understand the vacarro pick. He's a good player but it was a huge need. There was a lot of other places they need help.
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think with back to back picks for Carolina at DT their line is going to be tough. they add Star and SHort to CJ and Hardy, i see trouble. they sacked us about 10x last year
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
i think with back to back picks for Carolina at DT their line is going to be tough. they add Star and SHort to CJ and Hardy, i see trouble. they sacked us about 10x last year

Star and Short don't compliment each other very well as Devils pointed out. Their DL on paper does look good though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: