Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Prospect Profile: RB Zac Stacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Rams Prospect Profile: RB Zac Stacy Reply with quote

RB Zac Stacy (5'8"/216) - Vanderbilt

Combine Results:

"Experts" Take:
Rob Rang wrote:
STRENGTHS: Compact build and runs with a good blend of toughness and power. Finishes runs and does a nice job staying on his feet as long as possible. Very good vision and feel as an inside runner with the forward lean to break tackles. Strong plant foot and does a nice job weaving through the defense. Experience on special teams as a return man. Productive resume and school's all-time leading rusher. Strong football character and team leader.

WEAKNESSES: Ordinary burst and lacks elite long-speed. Not overly elusive and doesn't have much make-you-miss ability. Runs light at times and allows his pads to rise, taking away from his power. Not a lot of flash and sizzle to his game. Averaged only 10 catches per year and wasn't a large part of the passing game. Seemed to be dinged up easily and carries some durability concerns after missing parts of several games due to injury.

Russ Lande wrote:
STRENGTHS - Despite not having a large frame, Stacy aggressively attacks the LOS on inside runs and shows the ability to lower his shoulder and run through arm tackles to pick up extra yards. He runs with good balance and forward lean, and always seems to fall forward after contact. He is an extremely patient runner that sets up blockers well and accelerates to daylight once holes are created. While he has the short area foot quickness to be elusive at the POA, he is extremely decisive with his movements and is at his best when making one cut to space and attacking downhill. He runs solid routes as a receiver out of the backfield, and consistently plucks the ball away from his frame. Once he has the ball in space, his open field instincts take over as he does an outstanding job of patiently waiting for blockers in the 2nd and 3rd level before attacking open lanes.

WEAKNESSES - Stacy lacks true breakaway speed and was caught from behind multiple times in games I viewed. He is a quicker than fast athlete, as he is quick through the POA because of his vision and instincts but does not possess the innate explosiveness to break to daylight in tight situations. He has a smallish frame, and in particular needs to add bulk to his upper body. When asked to pass block he doesn't consistently face up with his man at the POA and too often opts for low cut attempts.

SUMMARY - While certainly not the most physically imposing or athletically intimidating RB, Stacy is a very effective runner both inside and on the edge, and clearly has the tools to develop into a starter at the next level. Although he lacks the speed to simply outrun defenders in space, he plays faster than he actually is because of his vision, instincts and decisiveness. He patiently sets up blockers both on inside runs and with the ball in space, and is able to consistently find and attack holes seemingly before they fully develop. He has a good combination of power and elusiveness, which allows him to consistently break arm tackles and gain extra yards. He is also an effective receiver out of the backfield, as he understands where to exploit the zones and displays outstanding hands. Stacy has the instincts to play in any scheme, but is best fit for a zone blocking scheme that thrives off the RB's ability to make one cut and get north and south in a flash. While he is worth a selection on day two because of his projection as a future starter, he will likely present excellent value for a team willing to wait to address the position until early day three.

Videos:
vs. Georgia/Tennessee/Wake Forest (2012)

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Hoj398

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminds me of Ray Rice
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my draft thread: Favorite pick in the draft so far!

Quote:
ZAC STACY, HB, VANDERBILT

Height: 5'8" Weight: 216 yards
Stats: 207 ATT, 1141 YDS, 5.5 YPC, 10 TD | 10 REC, 205 YDS

Vitals: 4.55 Forty | 6.70 Cone | 4.17 Shuttle | 33" Vertical | 10'2" Broad | 27 Bench
30.25" Arms | 8.63" Hands

Strengths: Built like a freight train with a stout frame. Has upper body strength, but possesses elite lower body strength. Extremely tough to bring down due to his exceptional power. Will almost always break a tackle when he is one-on-one with a defender, but breaks through multiple defenders routinely through the hole. Works really well in tight spaces. Has nice initial quickness when he makes his first step and hits the hole very hard. Absolutely phenomenal vision and he will rarely miss an open hole. Also has the patience to wait for things to develop. Although his top end speed is not elite, he will surprise people when he reaches it. Deceptively fast. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Has the strength to block well and shows it from time to time.

Weaknesses: Does not have amazing top end speed and won't consistently break off big gains. Looks a little bit stiff in the hips lacking wiggle when he carries the football. Sometimes he waits too long for holes to open up and ends up gaining minimal yardage. His patience can be a bad thing at times because of this. Has average foot speed and struggles to burst out of cuts or move laterally. Was never really asked to be a receiver when in college so questions can arise whether he can be a legitimate option. Needs to work on his technique while blocking to utilize his body.

Overall: A fan favorite on these boards, Stacy only seems to get minimal love from other draftniks around the web. I don't really understand why Stacy isn't higher on most peoples ratings. For one, his physical ability translates perfectly to the professional game. Although he really isn't that versatile, he can be very effective between the tackles in the pros. He has issues in the short area, but that is somewhat offset by his unbelievable lower body strength and the ability to bounce off tackles. He reminds me a bit of MJD to be honest, just without the receiving ability. Look for him to be a mid-round sleeper even though he deserved a higher grade.

Draft Grade: Late 2nd, BB (54)

My NFL Draft Thread
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has seen the move, The Replacements, when Gene Hackman says, "Gotta have heart" during the final game...that describes Zac Stacy to a T. A little man with the heart of a lion. He runs so hard and never gives up on a play.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second best pick in an awesome draft. i love this pick and i loved that we traded up for the two best pick ups.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced this guy turns into this years Alfred Morris, or at least the closest thing to it. And I would have said that before the Rams drafted him or even if he went to a different team. I didn't understand why he was so underrated

^El Ramster^
Hoj398

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEAL OF THE DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: