Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were on the clock...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What draft would you have preffered
This
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Raiders
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

kmonahan07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: If you were on the clock... Reply with quote

So who would you have taken if you were on the clock when the players got taken, so only being able to take players available at that point. Pretend you would not know who would've fallen. I like our draft now that it happened, but thats the bias. pretend we had this draft instead of the one we did.

Kenny Vaccaro
This might be too early, but I think our biggest hole on the team is at FS and this fills it, and I think it is less of a reach than Hayden was.

Menelik Watson
Like this pick a lot. Fringe first rounder and I think we needed a RT upgrade. Good run blocker for DMAC and Saprano can coach up.

Damontre Moore
Before the combine people thought we may take him at 3. I do not believe a combine should make you drop the 78 itmade him fall. Hes a good Football player. Thats more important than bench.

Barett Jones
We do have holes on the Oline. Jones has proved he is solid against strong players in the SEC. Dude is a competitor and versatile.

Nick Kasa
Great pick. I think Flynn needs a short target and a good TE. Like this pick a lot.

Cornelius Washington
BIG OLB at 6'4 and adresses a need for depth and ST work.

Andre Ellington
Solid backup for DMC. Went later than most expected him to. I wouldve loved him here. Several analysts liked him.

Kwame Geathers
If we got this man at this spot I honestly believe the Raiders fan base wouldve LOVED this pick. I thought Geathers would go in the 4th round range.

Jordan Poyer
Got a CB a little late, but with our two free agents we dont specifically need an early rounder. This kid Is GREAT VALUE on a kid that slid. People said 3rd round.

Phillip Lutzenkirchen
Good tape, strong kid, had a bad team around him. Allows us to try to develop two TE's

I understand once players get drafted we like them better than we did before. But try to keep bias out, go side to side and see which draft you would've liked
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaccaro wasn't my #1 safety. I liked Elam or Cyprien.

Sio Moore will prove a better player than Demontre Moore. Better guy all the way around.

Barrett Jones would have been a fine pick, but he's not over QB which is just more important.

Washington is a horrible football player. No interest in that pick at all.

Geathers is a sloppy fat body. Unmotivated. No thanks. He went undrafted, why take him at 205?

Poyer I love and think he will prove a lot of GMs dumb in a couple years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the vaccaro pick at all. He ran a 4.65 40. I want my safety's too have more speed than that. Living in Texas . Watched alot of Texas games and he didn't stand out that much.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would loved to have had Damontre Moore.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: If you were on the clock... Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
So who would you have taken if you were on the clock when the players got taken, so only being able to take players available at that point. Pretend you would not know who would've fallen. I like our draft now that it happened, but thats the bias. pretend we had this draft instead of the one we did.

Kenny Vaccaro
This might be too early, but I think our biggest hole on the team is at FS and this fills it, and I think it is less of a reach than Hayden was.

Menelik Watson
Like this pick a lot. Fringe first rounder and I think we needed a RT upgrade. Good run blocker for DMAC and Saprano can coach up.

Damontre Moore
Before the combine people thought we may take him at 3. I do not believe a combine should make you drop the 78 itmade him fall. Hes a good Football player. Thats more important than bench.

Barett Jones
We do have holes on the Oline. Jones has proved he is solid against strong players in the SEC. Dude is a competitor and versatile.

Nick Kasa
Great pick. I think Flynn needs a short target and a good TE. Like this pick a lot.

Cornelius Washington
BIG OLB at 6'4 and adresses a need for depth and ST work.

Andre Ellington
Solid backup for DMC. Went later than most expected him to. I wouldve loved him here. Several analysts liked him.

Kwame Geathers
If we got this man at this spot I honestly believe the Raiders fan base wouldve LOVED this pick. I thought Geathers would go in the 4th round range.

Jordan Poyer
Got a CB a little late, but with our two free agents we dont specifically need an early rounder. This kid Is GREAT VALUE on a kid that slid. People said 3rd round.

Phillip Lutzenkirchen
Good tape, strong kid, had a bad team around him. Allows us to try to develop two TE's

I understand once players get drafted we like them better than we did before. But try to keep bias out, go side to side and see which draft you would've liked

I personally think having good FS is more important than having a good CB. The FS impacts more plays than the CB. You can avoid a CB but you can't avoid the FS he plays all over the field.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sio Moore pick now, but I will compare him to damontre moore.

Damonster is in NYG, a place he can shine. Sio is here, and some have compared him to bin miller(lol I know). Let's see.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
kmonahan07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the bias though. Now that we drafted them we think higher of the prospects we got. Try to leave that bias out. To be honest I don't think I remember everyone thinking sio moore was the next LT until we drafted him. I think this draft is better and helps the team. We passed on a lot. Of value
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I'm at "wait and see" on Sio Moore because I haven't seen much of him. But Palooka wanted him all along.

And for me I trade down one more time in the first round a few spots for another 2nd rounder.

And if Hayden happens to be gone I would have taken Trufant in the 1st.

Then take Tank Carradine and Menelik Watson in the 2nd round in that order if they were available.

Now we come out of the draft with two edge rushers instead of just one. And I will be interested in seeing how comparable Carradine and Boss are in a few years.

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: