Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

C'mon Vikes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I do not hate Te'o at all as a player.

The entire girlfriend hoax was so pathetic and sad I cannot stop it from tainting my thoughts.

I think he is a solid LB who will have plenty of tackles but won't make many impact plays...putting aside the off-field issues I don't see what makes him better than a guy like Curtis Lofton or Pat Angerer who were never in contention to go in round 1...I think you can easily find LBs as good a Te'o in rounds 2-4.

Agreed.

I would not be happy with the pick.

I was not happy with McClellin and this would be far worse in my opinion.
Speaking for myself, had we drafted Jeffery first and McClellin second I would not have complained at all and I think that is true of most of us.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

The entire girlfriend hoax was so pathetic and sad I cannot stop it from tainting my thoughts.

I think he is a solid LB who will have plenty of tackles but won't make many impact plays...putting aside the off-field issues I don't see what makes him better than a guy like Curtis Lofton or Pat Angerer who were never in contention to go in round 1...I think you can easily find LBs as good a Te'o in rounds 2-4.

Agreed.

I would not be happy with the pick.

I was not happy with McClellin and this would be far worse in my opinion.
Speaking for myself, had we drafted Jeffery first and McClellin second I would not have complained at all and I think that is true of most of us.

Absolutely, I would have taken Alshon last year at 19 and not think twice about it. I had barely even heard of Shea at that time.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

It is so teenage girlish. Even a befuddled old man like me does not believe the emails from gorgeous 25 yr olds who can't wait to meet me. Should I?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It is so teenage girlish. Even a befuddled old man like me does not believe the emails from gorgeous 25 yr olds who can't wait to meet me. Should I?

Alright Al that one made me laugh Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Me too. There is so much sig quotable gold in that one brief post...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It's tainted almost everyones thoughts, except me and everyone decision maker in the NFL

Apart from the 9 out of 12 who said they wouldn't draft him lol.
Common sense says that isnt true.

It really doesn't...like I said what makes him better than a guy like Pat Angerer?
there aren't 9 GMs that would honestly tell a reporter that. His instincts, strength.

Well let’s look at the only indicator of strength they have head to head…Te’o put up 21 reps at his pro day…Angerer had 26 reps at the combine…as for instincts it’s a push…which isn’t enough to take him into the top 20 picks.
Bench press numbers dont indicate LB strength. It measures how many times you can bench 225 lbs. Also the instincts arent a push. Not even close. Teo isnt one of the most instinctive LBs to come out of college.

Your right Laughing

Yes Te'o is an instinctive LB...but so was Angerer and others who have went in the 2nd round...Te'o doesn't have the playmaking ability to warrant a top 20 pick...his college tape and stats back that up.
I hope we dont pick him at 20 either. I dont value non pass rush LBs that high and we I think DJ Williams can hold down the fort while we try and develop a LB.

The difference between the 2 is similar to the debates about Michael Floyd vs Marvin McNutt. Floyd and Teo are just better at everything.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It's tainted almost everyones thoughts, except me and everyone decision maker in the NFL

It really doesn't...like I said what makes him better than a guy like Pat Angerer?
there aren't 9 GMs that would honestly tell a reporter that. His instincts, strength.

Well let’s look at the only indicator of strength they have head to head…Te’o put up 21 reps at his pro day…Angerer had 26 reps at the combine…as for instincts it’s a push…which isn’t enough to take him into the top 20 picks.
Bench press numbers dont indicate LB strength. It measures how many times you can bench 225 lbs. Also the instincts arent a push. Not even close. Teo isnt one of the most instinctive LBs to come out of college.

Your right Laughing

Yes Te'o is an instinctive LB...but so was Angerer and others who have went in the 2nd round...Te'o doesn't have the playmaking ability to warrant a top 20 pick...his college tape and stats back that up.
I hope we dont pick him at 20 either. I dont value non pass rush LBs that high and we I think DJ Williams can hold down the fort while we try and develop a LB.

The difference between the 2 is similar to the debates about Michael Floyd vs Marvin McNutt. Floyd and Teo are just better at everything.

Floyd was a far better WR prospect IMO than Te'o is a MLB prospect, and I say that as a guy who wasn't as high on Floyd as most.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Your right Laughing

Floyd was a far better WR prospect IMO than Te'o is a MLB prospect, and I say that as a guy who wasn't as high on Floyd as most.

And it's not even close...

Not only that but the gap between Angerer & Te'o is far closer than it was with Floyd & McNutt.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Your right Laughing

Not only that but the gap between Angerer & Te'o is far closer than it was with Floyd & McNutt.
I don't think DaMike realizes how good Pat Angerer was at Iowa, or how good he is today (he's really, really good) and unlike T'eo, Angerer was tremendously productive every year at Iowa. T'eo had been nearly invisible at Notre Dame until this year, and this as a former #1 HS prospect in the country, compared to Angerer who was a 4 star recruit out of Bettendorf, IA. Pat also a much, much, much, MUCH better athlete than T'eo.

On the bolded, I'd still argue this, what has Floyd done to prove he's better than McNutt?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Your right Laughing

I don't think DaMike realizes how good Pat Angerer was at Iowa, or how good he is today (he's really, really good) and unlike T'eo, Angerer was tremendously productive every year at Iowa. T'eo had been nearly invisible at Notre Dame until this year, and this as a former #1 HS prospect in the country, compared to Angerer who was a 4 star recruit out of Bettendorf, IA. Pat also a much, much, much, MUCH better athlete than T'eo.

On the bolded, I'd still argue this, what has Floyd done to prove he's better than McNutt?

Didn't fail to make a team's roster?

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Your right Laughing

Didn't fail to make a team's roster?
He wasn't drafted to a team w/ 4 established good WRs either. Does Floyd make the Cardinals roster last year if he isn't a first round pick? He ended up the 4th WR after being drafted in the first. The only worst 1st year turn out was the kid from IL who I can't even remember his name b/c he didn't play.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I rest content.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: