Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which Draft Pick Are You Most Happy With?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favourite Draft Pick
Jamie Collins
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Aaron Dobson
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
Logan Ryan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Duron Harmon
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Josh Boyce
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Michael Buchanon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Steve Beauharnais
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Boyce. I'm excited about the Collins pick - just have no idea where he fits in right now.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Oypus wrote:
Richter wrote:
That being said, I really have a hard time seeing how he fails, barring injury or difficulties with the scheme.

...God damn it.

Let me be clear - I don't think intelligence is an issue with him. He worked personally with Belichick in the film room, reported good things about it and obviously Belichick liked the session enough to take him. I just never, never count on a guy being able to pick up the Pats' schemes, because they seem to befuddle players on a regular basis.
PoWww

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to go with Josh Boyce. I think he's going to have the biggest impact of all our rookies. Good fit for our system and he's versatile. I think he's ready to come in a make an impact right away. Like the Dobson pick, but he seems raw. I do think Dobson will get his fair share red zone targets.

Collins I'm very excited about as well. Can't wait to see how we use him.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Funny that you're so high on Collins because of me, even though I didn't pimp him nearly as hard as some other prospects in the past. I love him as an athlete, but I have some real criticisms of him too, namely that he doesn't have much in the way of a developed set of pass rush moves and only marginal hand usage. He also needs to play more violently, considering how fast and explosive he is. Very pleased with the pick, obviously, but it's not a slam dunk in the same way a guy like J.J. Watt was. That being said, I really have a hard time seeing how he fails, barring injury or difficulties with the scheme.

Didn't you compare to LT or something? and he had the highest MEI rating or tied for it? = excitement.
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Funny that you're so high on Collins because of me, even though I didn't pimp him nearly as hard as some other prospects in the past. I love him as an athlete, but I have some real criticisms of him too, namely that he doesn't have much in the way of a developed set of pass rush moves and only marginal hand usage. He also needs to play more violently, considering how fast and explosive he is. Very pleased with the pick, obviously, but it's not a slam dunk in the same way a guy like J.J. Watt was. That being said, I really have a hard time seeing how he fails, barring injury or difficulties with the scheme.

Didn't you compare to LT or something? and he had the highest MEI rating or tied for it? = excitement.

I said he could be another LT for Belichick to work with. In terms of physical tools, absolutely. Just don't want people thinking he's a prospect without flaws.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:

I said he could be another LT for Belichick to work with. In terms of physical tools, absolutely. Just don't want people thinking he's a prospect without flaws.

True. Our staff almost always brings the best out of front seven players though, so having a piece of clay like Collins is an exciting thought.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
m haynes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite player in the draft. My team picks him. mhmmm!!!

Josh Boyce Boyce Boyce Boyce
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Belichick draft strategy of doubling down on a position of need for the fourth straight year, so far it's worked to produce star tightends, a solid rb combo, and one promising pass rusher. So I predict the trend will continue and the patriots will get at one solid wide reciever out of this draft. So I guess that is a long winded way if saying I'm excited by the combination of Boyve and Dobson. If I had to pick one, I'd say I like Dobson the most.
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happier with Collins just because of the position and the raw athleticism. I watched Dobson the most leading up to the draft but the possibility of having 2 bookends excites me more than a solid receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: