Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Obviously very early…but just looking at the roster right now and the depth there is on it this is by far the hardest year in the last 5 seasons to predict the final 53 man roster.

the best problem to have

Lots of competition at LB with 12 fighting for spots. Should be very interesting who makes the team.

I have seven making the team...

Briggs
Williams
Anderson
Bostic
Greene
Thomas
Costanzo

For me it's all about the Oline where there is a ton of options.
bkokot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Obviously very early…but just looking at the roster right now and the depth there is on it this is by far the hardest year in the last 5 seasons to predict the final 53 man roster.

the best problem to have

Lots of competition at LB with 12 fighting for spots. Should be very interesting who makes the team.

I have seven making the team...

Briggs
Williams
Anderson
Bostic
Greene
Thomas
Costanzo

For me it's all about the Oline where there is a ton of options.

I'd like to see Dom DeCicco make the roster. I think he always looked pretty good on special teams, and I think he was really starting to look better at the MLB spot in the preseason. Maybe I just like the guy for some reason.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683508/cutler-pleased-with-bears-ol-additions

Quote:
Quarterback Jay Cutler is happy to see the Chicago Bears have made protecting their quarterback a priority after adding to the offensive line through free agency and with two draft picks.

The Bears, who gave up 49 sacks last season, which was fifth in the NFL, invested $17.7 million in guaranteed money in left tackle Jermon Bushrod and added guard Matt Slauson, who started 48 games the past four seasons for the New York Jets, during free agency. The Bears then picked Oregon guard Kyle Long with the 20th overall selection and Louisiana Tech offensive tackle Jordan Mills in the fifth round of the NFL draft.

"(The coaching staff is) going to make sure everyone knows their assignments and we are protected," Cutler said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "Bushrod is a huge addition and we drafted some guys and some of the guys we had last year have to step in and play well. It's definitely a point of emphasis. We're not going to let the quarterback get hit. We're not going to go into games unsure about protections. Everything starts there, and I think (new offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Aaron) Kromer is doing a great job with getting those guys up to speed with exactly how they want these things done."
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683508/cutler-pleased-with-bears-ol-additions

Quote:
Quarterback Jay Cutler is happy to see the Chicago Bears have made protecting their quarterback a priority after adding to the offensive line through free agency and with two draft picks.

"(The coaching staff is) going to make sure everyone knows their assignments and we are protected ... It's definitely a point of emphasis."

It's mind-boggling how it took the organization six years to figure out their offensive line was total garbage.

While we're at it, here's a hypothetical. Last season, the team did little personnel-wise to improve the offensive line. This year, with the coaching change, they've gone out of their way to create two to three layers of competition along the line. That leads me to believe Emery wants to cater to his coaches (just a huge assumption; I have no proof of this). So, with that in mind, if Trestman were the head coach during last year's draft, do you guys think Emery would have taken Reiff or DeCastro over McClellin?
thebeast15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

"(The coaching staff is) going to make sure everyone knows their assignments and we are protected ... It's definitely a point of emphasis."

It's mind-boggling how it took the organization six years to figure out their offensive line was total garbage.

While we're at it, here's a hypothetical. Last season, the team did little personnel-wise to improve the offensive line. This year, with the coaching change, they've gone out of their way to create two to three layers of competition along the line. That leads me to believe Emery wants to cater to his coaches (just a huge assumption; I have no proof of this). So, with that in mind, if Trestman were the head coach during last year's draft, do you guys think Emery would have taken Reiff or DeCastro over McClellin?

Yup.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
if Trestman were the head coach during last year's draft, do you guys think Emery would have taken Reiff or DeCastro over McClellin?

Certainly a strong possibility.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cordy Glenn would be more his type then Reiff or Decastro.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most TFL over the last Decade from a LB in the NFL?...

Lance Briggs…maybe the HoF isn’t out of reach after all.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

He's been the best WLB in the NFL for a decade. It certainly isn't out of reach. It may not be first Ballot, I think HOF is definitely a legit possibility. Its a shame that Ron Rivera and Rex Grossman crapped the SuperBowl down the bed, b/c I think the Lovie Smith defense will end up w/ just as many HOFers as the Buddy Ryan defense.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
thebeast15

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He's been the best WLB in the NFL for a decade. It certainly isn't out of reach. It may not be first Ballot, I think HOF is definitely a legit possibility. Its a shame that Ron Rivera and Rex Grossman crapped the SuperBowl down the bed, b/c I think the Lovie Smith defense will end up w/ just as many HOFers as the Buddy Ryan defense.

And he was #83 on this years list of 100 top NFL players. Lol @ that...
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Because that list means anything...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/03/nfl-players-think-jacoby-jones-is-better-than-percy-harvin/

Quote:
In 2012, Jones played in all 16 games and his offensive output consisted of 30 catches for 406 yards, one carry for six yards, and one touchdown. Harvin’s season was cut short by an ankle injury in the ninth game of the year, but before he got hurt he already had 62 catches for 677 yards, 22 carries for 96 yards, and four touchdowns. And while Jones is a very good return man, Harvin averaged more than five yards per kickoff return better than Jones (35.9 to 30.7) last year.

thebeast15

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/03/nfl-players-think-jacoby-jones-is-better-than-percy-harvin/

Quote:
In 2012, Jones played in all 16 games and his offensive output consisted of 30 catches for 406 yards, one carry for six yards, and one touchdown. Harvin’s season was cut short by an ankle injury in the ninth game of the year, but before he got hurt he already had 62 catches for 677 yards, 22 carries for 96 yards, and four touchdowns. And while Jones is a very good return man, Harvin averaged more than five yards per kickoff return better than Jones (35.9 to 30.7) last year.

Oh I never said it meant anything... Just thought it was funny.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Gotcha. You were laughing at him being 83, not in the HOF.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

I think any player who has made the Pro Bowl seven times at any position has a legitimate shot at making it to the Hall of Fame. 54 hurts his chances though IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

I think any player who has made the Pro Bowl seven times at any position has a legitimate shot at making it to the Hall of Fame. 54 hurts his chances though IMO.

And that he is a non pass rushing OLB.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 47 of 100

Jump to: