Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fill in the blanks (offense)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Oh great. One of these guys.

Pipe down and show some respect whippersnapper. Less you want to be bent over granddads knee and he teaches you some respect!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Pipe down and show some respect whippersnapper. Less you want to be bent over granddads knee and he teaches you some respect!

[img]http://cinema1544.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/spanking.gif[img]

Why is it that the people that preach respect never give it out? Does that stop happening as you get older? I always figured people like that would stop as I got older.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Why is it that the people that preach respect never give it out? Does that stop happening as you get older? I always figured people like that would stop as I got older.

Often wondered that myself. My line of work, the "baby boomers" constantly talk down to me, act like they know how to do my job better than me, etc. Then when I kindly rub their face in their own financial situation and point out why they are purging money, etc. they get confrontational because of a "lack of respect". Makes me laugh. I cash their check and smile.

Back on topic of Filling in the blanks on offense I look for the following to be addressed in this draft:

RT - Early on. I think they know Barnes limits need depth over Willie Smith and a potential starter (Fisher in that case makes sense here).

TE - They've been checking them out. I expect them to add one in 4th/5th round. Kelce is my choice here. Best all around game. Reed from UF is a fairly dynamic type perhaps as well.

RB - Very late addition or possibly URFA. Murray or Maysonet would be my choice. Looking for a steal IMO to give insurance for McFadden leaving via FA.

QB - This is a wildcard. I think this depends on who falls in their lap. If the right guy falls to the 3rd or 4th, I can see it, Wilson IMO is that guy. A late round guy I like Ryan Griffin from Tulane would be an interesting pick.

WR - Think we will see another added as they search for competition. No names here that come to mind, but the small school kid from Sierra (?) was intriguing.

OG - Don't see them drafting it. Think Nix/Bergstrom will be give the chance to earn the LG spot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
and on the matter of Life lessons...
I spent 12 years in the Armed Forces.I also grew up in a world that lacked "electronic" communication.In that world, people tended to treat others with respect and if you chose to use confrontational language then you could expect a confrontation.

In my unit,if a guy ran his mouth like you do, he could expect to be walking around with a shiner..Given the fact that we will never meet, I find it decidely childish for you to "pop" stupid behind the safety of a computer..it is the hight of cowardice.It is Tantamount to a child taunting other children from between his mother legs.
Given that we are not in a psoition to resolve any "issues" in the way men, reslove issues, It is my opinion that showing each other the proper respect is paramount.
If that isnt something you can do, then dont respond to my posts.
But continually engaging me in discussion,with aserbic and "in your face" comments is about as punk a move as you could make.

Grow up.

Practice what you preach. You're condescending know it all attitude is really just the ultimate sign of respect right?

You're not respecting anyone else's opinion. Talking down to them, etc. and you want respect?

And I find it hilarious with all your age and wisdom and know it all behavior you still are not above bickering with kids on the internet.

No.
I respond in kind.
every SINGLE exchange that has devolved into "kiddie Korner" has begun when one of the posters that have "been here" for awhile has made some kind of snide or insulting comment based on the idea that they have been "posting" in this particular forum for a longer time and think they have developed some kind of street cred. and are allowed that kind of "leeway".

They behave like many young men who have staked some kind of claim(in there heads anyways) to this little corner of the internet...no different then the teenagers who hang at the corner liquor store.
My tone and attitude is a reflection of how someone presents themselves to me and you are no different.

the "problems" started in the "So Far" thread which was an opinion piece.
as I pointed out,a FINAL evaluation needs a far better context to measure.
IMO...SO FAR...RM had not done anything to be comended for.The fact that he didnt follow the desperate for one last ring approach is a welcomed change but nothing to be impressed by and has resulted in nothing but a 4-12 season.
You and a couple of other posters reponded like a group of emotinally challeneged over stimulated children,offereing one insult after another as if you needed to force me into aquiesence,or would "punish me" for my divergent opinion....straight grade school.

The 30% rule is invalidated in free agency.
It only applies to single contracts and attempts to extend them Or in the case of Wimbley to buy back the option (5th) year.

If he was allowed to become a Free agent, it is immaterial.

he is then allowed to take ANY offer, and there is no way it would have been in the Franchise range.

It is my opinion that he was not worth the Franchise tag, or the contract he signed witn the Raiders, or the one he signed with The Titans...maybe you have a different opinion...great!

none of it is relevant.
This whole two day long childish exchange began becasue a poster remembered an Injury start that I had forgotten.

ONE.
GAME.
and Thought that pointing out I forgot, somehow invalidates other points that have been made.
If he, or you commit worthless trivia to memory and get somekind of gratification from it,then by all means ...knock yourself out,but reguritating dates and player bios,and the likes is no indication of insight into the game,how its played ,or how a team is run.

I didnt see KMs worth despite his "pressures" and I expect the Titans to move him by next year.
I havent seen RM "prove" anything and would be surprised if he makles it to 2014 if we wind up with a worse record this year...If he DOES,then Im fairly confident 2014 will be a make it or break mit year for him...without a VAST improvement, he will be gone.

and I feel like Wisniewski is better suited to be a guard based on his lack of "elite" run blocking skills which are more exposed in a PBS then a ZBS.

You dont have to agree..no one does.
and Im perfectly fine with someon saying..I think you are wrong.
But if it is your expectation that you shopuld be allowed to make pointed comments like:
you dont know what your talking about...
or appeals to the group like 99% of people agree with MEEEEE!

then as I suggested before, dont engage me in debate, I wont be upset...really...I like to talk FB, not spit little jabs back and forth to see who has a better wit,or mastery of english
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
I spent 12 years in the Armed Forces.I also grew up in a world that lacked "electronic" communication.In that world, people tended to treat others with respect and if you chose to use confrontational language then you could expect a confrontation.

In my unit,if a guy ran his mouth like you do, he could expect to be walking around with a shiner..Given the fact that we will never meet, I find it decidely childish for you to "pop" stupid behind the safety of a computer..it is the hight of cowardice.It is Tantamount to a child taunting other children from between his mother legs.
Given that we are not in a psoition to resolve any "issues" in the way men, reslove issues, It is my opinion that showing each other the proper respect is paramount.
But continually engaging me in discussion,with aserbic and "in your face" comments is about as punk a move as you could make.

Grow up.

Practice what you preach. You're condescending know it all attitude is really just the ultimate sign of respect right?

You're not respecting anyone else's opinion. Talking down to them, etc. and you want respect?

And I find it hilarious with all your age and wisdom and know it all behavior you still are not above bickering with kids on the internet.

No.
I respond in kind.
every SINGLE exchange that has devolved into "kiddie Korner" has begun when one of the posters that have "been here" for awhile has made some kind of snide or insulting comment based on the idea that they have been "posting" in this particular forum for a longer time and think they have developed some kind of street cred. and are allowed that kind of "leeway".

They behave like many young men who have staked some kind of claim(in there heads anyways) to this little corner of the internet...no different then the teenagers who hang at the corner liquor store.
My tone and attitude is a reflection of how someone presents themselves to me and you are no different.

IMO...SO FAR...RM had not done anything to be comended for.The fact that he didnt follow the desperate for one last ring approach is a welcomed change but nothing to be impressed by and has resulted in nothing but a 4-12 season.
You and a couple of other posters reponded like a group of emotinally challeneged over stimulated children,offereing one insult after another as if you needed to force me into aquiesence,or would "punish me" for my divergent opinion....straight grade school.

It only applies to single contracts and attempts to extend them Or in the case of Wimbley to buy back the option (5th) year.

he is then allowed to take ANY offer, and there is no way it would have been in the Franchise range.

It is my opinion that he was not worth the Franchise tag, or the contract he signed witn the Raiders, or the one he signed with The Titans...maybe you have a different opinion...great!

none of it is relevant.
This whole two day long childish exchange began becasue a poster remembered an Injury start that I had forgotten.

ONE.
GAME.
and Thought that pointing out I forgot, somehow invalidates other points that have been made.
If he, or you commit worthless trivia to memory and get somekind of gratification from it,then by all means ...knock yourself out,but reguritating dates and player bios,and the likes is no indication of insight into the game,how its played ,or how a team is run.

I didnt see KMs worth despite his "pressures" and I expect the Titans to move him by next year.
I havent seen RM "prove" anything and would be surprised if he makles it to 2014 if we wind up with a worse record this year...If he DOES,then Im fairly confident 2014 will be a make it or break mit year for him...without a VAST improvement, he will be gone.

and I feel like Wisniewski is better suited to be a guard based on his lack of "elite" run blocking skills which are more exposed in a PBS then a ZBS.

But if it is your expectation that you shopuld be allowed to make pointed comments like:

then as I suggested before, dont engage me in debate, I wont be upset...really...I like to talk FB, not spit little jabs back and forth to see who has a better wit,or mastery of english
When you act like you know it all and say stuff like the bolded no one takes you seriously.

Quote:
Too Funny..the arguments dont change just the posters.

RM has done absolutely nothing of note.

Every single player he has cut or released should have been addressed two if not three years ago.Some of us understood that, others where in here as well as the other chat rooms calling DHB,Huff,Mclain,Routt,CJ,seymour, beasts or someother such foolish ,uninformed superlative.In a couple of seasons when he has to cut an equally as bad Tyvone Branch most of you who have been hyping him will forget that RM gave him a HUGE contract so we can watch him bite to the inside and watch reggie bush go untouched into the endzone.

He struck out in the draft and in fa last year,save the 'poor rm' no picks no cap excuse...thats the job....2014s 70 million in cap space is just as spendable to day as it will be in January,..why did we have to throw two years away before he wanted to "get started"?The point is maybe we should wait until the raiders...IDK maybe...win a game?, before we start talking about what a "good job" someone is doing...Opitmism is great, but how about a little selfcontrol,or perspective?

socallbraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Grow up.

No.
I respond in kind.

none of it is relevant.

ONE.
GAME.

When you act like you know it all and say stuff like the bolded no one takes you seriously.

Quote:

Every single player he has cut or released should have been addressed two if not three years ago.Some of us understood that, others where in here as well as the other chat rooms calling DHB,Huff,Mclain,Routt,CJ,seymour, beasts or someother such foolish ,uninformed superlative.In a couple of seasons when he has to cut an equally as bad Tyvone Branch most of you who have been hyping him will forget that RM gave him a HUGE contract so we can watch him bite to the inside and watch reggie bush go untouched into the endzone.

He struck out in the draft and in fa last year,save the 'poor rm' no picks no cap excuse...thats the job....2014s 70 million in cap space is just as spendable to day as it will be in January,..why did we have to throw two years away before he wanted to "get started"?The point is maybe we should wait until the raiders...IDK maybe...win a game?, before we start talking about what a "good job" someone is doing...Opitmism is great, but how about a little selfcontrol,or perspective?

Ok, so if thats true please explain why?

The salary cap is just an imaginary line.
Mnay teams have as a regular practice "borrowed" from future cap by offering players a low 1st year salary but escalated 2nd ,and 3rd year payouts to accomdate over all contract demands. this usually requires "liquid" capital to provide a signing bonus, but the "crazy Al" approach is only "crazy" when you do it out of context or without self control.

So I will again ask the only question I had regarding the entire subject that not a single person has offered a response.
In the deepest FA class this league has ever seen(2012 was deep too, but 13 was deeper as a result of the new CBA and the uncapped year)
why didnt we identify one...JUST ONE, player to offer a meaningful contrcact too?

Jenkins and Porter will take off after this season if they play at a decent level.
Walker got 1year and hasnt shown he is ready for a starting role
simms got 1 year and his production hasnt been much better

The three Linbackers got 2, 3 and 4 year deals but they are all clearly stop gap and future backup level talent,with Barnett possibly finishing his career after his two years here.He will be 32.He has the potential to play another few years after that I suppose, but as you know that "30" is a magic number in Football,so I wouldnt think he is in the "future" plans...

so once again, there was NO ONE...not one single player that we could identify as a FA to signed to three or more years that played into a long term plan?

Not One?

The 70 in cap we have in 2014 IS just as spendable now...we are limited by 2013s cap and how much liquid capital MD has available, but the idea that 2014 is going to be SOOOOOO much better because of cap space is a incredibly opitmistic and not entirely realistic attitude.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time like this I wish this forum wasn't language filtered so I could tell socilbraider how many F's I have go give.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:

so once again, there was NO ONE...not one single player that we could identify as a FA to signed to three or more years that played into a long term plan?

Not One?

The 70 in cap we have in 2014 IS just as spendable now...we are limited by 2013s cap and how much liquid capital MD has available, but the idea that 2014 is going to be SOOOOOO much better because of cap space is a incredibly opitmistic and not entirely realistic attitude.

Quote:
Q: So when you do have this ton of money under the salary cap next year, it would just be to pick and choose as opposed to…?

McKenzie: I’m not going to Macy’s. No, we’ll be selective and we’ll try to continue to draft well and keep the players. That’s the key. If you’ve got the cap and all of that to re-sign your good players, that’s what you want to do. We don’t want our good players this year get out of the building.

It's fairly common knowledge what Reggie's approach to building a team is. Just because it's different than what some here want to do, doesn't make it wrong, or bad. It does mean it may take a little longer than some would like, because he isn't spending money in free agency hoping for a fast rebuild, he wants to acquire talent through the draft and not free agency. So yea, I don't think 2014 is going to be the magical year. however I do think that since 2014 is just one extra year Reggie gets to work on the team, the time is a bigger factor than the money. What I mean is, the fact that it's his 3rd year with the team will benefit more than the amount of cap space he has. Every year he gets, he'll be able to add upon what he did last year. Although I am kind of hoping for one big signing, I don't think that's outside of the realm of possibility either.

I saw an interesting statistic a while back. Forget who it was, PFF maybe, someone did the research and found that the percentage of free agents that work out for your team is the same percentage of draftees that work out for your team. Regardless of money spent, big money free agents, small money free agents, and draftees... the percentage that they come in and play well is all the same.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Last edited by NickButera on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:

In the deepest FA class this league has ever seen(2012 was deep too, but 13 was deeper as a result of the new CBA and the uncapped year)
why didnt we identify one...JUST ONE, player to offer a meaningful contrcact too?

McKenzie answered your question yesterday, he isn't going to Macy's.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

McKenzie answered your question yesterday, he isn't going to Macy's.

Plus we were linked to Sean Smith as well. Not breaking the bank, but that qualifies as a meaningful contract imo.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Grow up.

No.
I respond in kind.

none of it is relevant.

ONE.
GAME.

Quote:

Ok, so if thats true please explain why?

The salary cap is just an imaginary line.
Mnay teams have as a regular practice "borrowed" from future cap by offering players a low 1st year salary but escalated 2nd ,and 3rd year payouts to accomdate over all contract demands. this usually requires "liquid" capital to provide a signing bonus, but the "crazy Al" approach is only "crazy" when you do it out of context or without self control.

So I will again ask the only question I had regarding the entire subject that not a single person has offered a response.

Jenkins and Porter will take off after this season if they play at a decent level.
Walker got 1year and hasnt shown he is ready for a starting role
simms got 1 year and his production hasnt been much better

The three Linbackers got 2, 3 and 4 year deals but they are all clearly stop gap and future backup level talent,with Barnett possibly finishing his career after his two years here.He will be 32.He has the potential to play another few years after that I suppose, but as you know that "30" is a magic number in Football,so I wouldnt think he is in the "future" plans...

Not One?

You just don't get it. Not one person agrees with you on this, and you are the only person who thinks your right, hence the respect issues. Honestly I don't even feel like breaking it down because you'll refute it just to have the last word. Probably going to refute this I'm sure. Brick wall
socallbraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Not One?

Quote:
Q: So when you do have this ton of money under the salary cap next year, it would just be to pick and choose as opposed to…?

McKenzie: I’m not going to Macy’s. No, we’ll be selective and we’ll try to continue to draft well and keep the players. That’s the key. If you’ve got the cap and all of that to re-sign your good players, that’s what you want to do. We don’t want our good players this year get out of the building.

It's fairly common knowledge what Reggie's approach to building a team is. Just because it's different than what some here want to do, doesn't make it wrong, or bad. It does mean it may take a little longer than some would like, because he isn't spending money in free agency hoping for a fast rebuild, he wants to acquire talent through the draft and not free agency. So yea, I don't think 2014 is going to be the magical year. however I do think that since 2014 is just one extra year Reggie gets to work on the team, the time is a bigger factor than the money. What I mean is, the fact that it's his 3rd year with the team will benefit more than the amount of cap space he has. Every year he gets, he'll be able to add upon what he did last year. Although I am kind of hoping for one big signing, I don't think that's outside of the realm of possibility either.

I saw an interesting statistic a while back. Forget who it was, PFF maybe, someone did the research and found that the percentage of free agents that work out for your team is the same percentage of draftees that work out for your team. Regardless of money spent, big money free agents, small money free agents, and draftees... the percentage that they come in and play well is all the same.

If you search ,how built and then team name, there is a site that gives a breakdown of each teams 53 man roster and the number of Dratees and FAs make up the team.
Its close to a 50/50 split despite the idea that teams build through the draft.
some teams have a lot of UDFAs that could be argued should be listed as draftees, but the point is the same.If you search on Pro football Focus by team name and then drfaft history, you can compile information that suggests a couple of things..
#1) teams that have the reputaion of building throught the draft( GB, NE,) tend to try and leverage players and picks for more picks..this covers their mistakes.
RM and RW have had some stinkers in the first round and they have had some Injury flame outs in the first very recently,...how they busted doesnt matter to me..the statistical probability is more relevant,and it happens quite a bit.
#2) despite perception most teams ,most years find one or two players that make it out of their rookie contracts with the same team,most that get picked up by other teams are soon doscarded as well. a few players who overvalue theselves to the drafting team, manage to carve a nitch as a FA pick up somewhere, but not as much as expected.
while this does lend to the idea of caution in the FA market,you simply dont have the time to compile enough quality players exclusively through the draft to win a championship.
FAs arent inheirently bad(lol).

signing Andre Rison,or Walker,or Hall,or my personal all time Al FA bust larry Brown is absolute folly.
singing mario williams and using 20+ % of your cap on one guy is equally foolish( i didnt do the math so ,heres a chance to do the calculation and point out how WRONG the percentage in that example is).But there were a couple of players I thought might be options to address clear needs...most of us seem to be in clear agreement where we need to improve offensively

RT
TE
WR1
RB2
and now
QB 2(or 3).

I love that you guys are optimistic,I mean that is the attitude to have, but since I can afford in this particular case to be reserved in my approach...after close to 25 years of flaling around with a breif 2 year window of success shoved in the middle, Im in show me mode(lol).
when (if) we start getting this ball rolling in the right direction, no one will be happier to say i was wrong then me...wel...maybe R4life .36.and BP might be happier to tell me i was wrong...but Ill be more then happy to let them gloat if it means I get to watch a season of raiders FB without buying a new remote.

You must have a good mix of youth and vets.

the site for draft history is pro footbal REFERENCE,not focus...and the how Built search will send you around the horn as the site that has done the most breakdowns isnt at the top of the search results, but just as an example...Green bay offers their own "how Built" at Packers .com

34 draft
31 free agents
2 waiver pick ups.

In the interest of fairness ,several of the "free agents" were there own guys which is also something RM has spoken of as his methodology,but the idea that a team is 75-80 % home grown...consistently is statistically inacurate.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here we are post draft...

QB- Flynn
RB- McFadden
FB- Reece
WR1- Moore WR2- Streater Slot- Ford
TE- Ausberry????
LT- Veldheer
LG- Nix/Bergstrom?????
C- Wiz
RG- Brisel
RT- Watson

Weak links are definitely TE and LG. I like the pick of Tyler Wilson. Eventually someone has to step up and take the reins o fthis franchise but with that pick I was hoping for a TE or FS. The TE depth I since so hopefully of the 4 one kid steps up and takes the job. If not I could see the inline blockers starting and just rely heavily on Reece in the passing game.

S\O Palooka on the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Doesn't really ever stop. You just stop caring, but not really in a bad way. In a whatever, you don't matter anyway type of way. My experience with it anyway..
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

Not One?

Quote:

To me that means it doesn't have to do with money, or how you get guys on your team. It speaks to your ability to scout properly on vets or rookies (recognition of talent and value), and put them in position to succeed - stability, scheme, fit, and the quality of your overall team and environment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: