Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: 207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton Reply with quote

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 271 lbs
Arm Length: 33 1/3"
Hands: 10"
40 Time: 4.67 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.31 seconds
3 Cone: 7.09 seconds
Bench Press: 33 reps
Vertical: 37.5"
Long Jump: 9'8"

NFL.com wrote:
At Princeton's pro day, Catapano ran the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds on each attempt. He had a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-8 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.09 seconds. Catapano threw the bar up 33 times on the bench press (225 pounds).

Highlights
His freakish Pro Day

Hmm. Yet another developmental guy, it seems.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Last edited by ryknowssd on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently tore up the shrine bowl. Lots of good things being said on twitter.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

A guy this big should not be able to move this well. His quickness in changing directions is crazy for a guy his size. I'm loving his game tape so far.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only guy we drafted that I had in any of my mocks. Will eventually give us a boost as a pass rusher. I hope he sticks at RE in passing situations.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Only guy we drafted that I had in any of my mocks. Will eventually give us a boost as a pass rusher. I hope he sticks at RE in passing situations.

He should give us some valuable flexibility in the nickel and he's definitely a fluid enough athlete to play OLB for us. This might be my new favorite pick.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

A guy this big should not be able to move this well. His quickness in changing directions is crazy for a guy his size. I'm loving his game tape so far.

Ryk I know you were really down with Ziggy being worked into the RE position. I'm not at all comparing the two as athletes, but this is a guy I could see filling that void you missed with Ziggy.

His athleticism and strength are incredible for his size. I want to see this guy get to around 6'3 290 and see if he can keep that explosion.

Like Kush, we may not like the production out of the gate, but down the road he has skills!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been very high on Catapano... love this pick for KC. I wouldn't have complained at all had the 49ers selected him at #93... seriously.

___
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Ryk I know you were really down with Ziggy being worked into the RE position. I'm not at all comparing the two as athletes, but this is a guy I could see filling that void you missed with Ziggy.

His athleticism and strength are incredible for his size. I want to see this guy get to around 6'3 290 and see if he can keep that explosion.

Like Kush, we may not like the production out of the gate, but down the road he has skills!

His arms are a little on the short side to line him up as a 5 technique full time, so I don't see that happening. I can think of a lot of ways to use him, though.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added his Pro Day video to the OP. This kid is a freak.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 271 lbs
Arm Length: 33 1/3"
Hands: 10"
40 Time: 4.67 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.31 seconds
3 Cone: 7.09 seconds
Bench Press: 33 reps
Vertical: 37.5"
Long Jump: 9'8"

NFL.com wrote:
At Princeton's pro day, Catapano ran the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds on each attempt. He had a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-8 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.09 seconds. Catapano threw the bar up 33 times on the bench press (225 pounds).

Highlights
His freakish Pro Day

Hmm. Yet another developmental guy, it seems.

Guys like this always confuse me...I mean why is he a developmental guy? He's a physical freak who also has brains and therefore likely common sense and work ethic when it comes to football, so it seems like he would have pretty good technique as well. What is he missing?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God given talent?? lol I dunno he played in the ivy league. Maybe he's just a late bloomer.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Guys like this always confuse me...I mean why is he a developmental guy? He's a physical freak who also has brains and therefore likely common sense and work ethic when it comes to football, so it seems like he would have pretty good technique as well. What is he missing?

Well, I'll first say that I posted that before I knew anything about the guy at all, so I was kinda in panic mode, lol.

Second, he played 4-3 DE in college and will most likely be asked to move to 3-4 OLB for us. That's gonna take some time to adjust. Plus, with Tamba and Houston already on the roster, it stands to reason that we'll want him to sit, learn and develop for a bit anyway.

...so even though my "developmental guy" comment was made in haste, I still agree with it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Well, I'll first say that I posted that before I knew anything about the guy at all, so I was kinda in panic mode, lol.

Second, he played 4-3 DE in college and will most likely be asked to move to 3-4 OLB for us. That's gonna take some time to adjust. Plus, with Tamba and Houston already on the roster, it stands to reason that we'll want him to sit, learn and develop for a bit anyway.

...so even though my "developmental guy" comment was made in haste, I still agree with it.

It's not so much that you said he's a developmental guy, but that despite all he has going for him he wasn't picked til the end of the draft...has he just not been able to translate all his physical and mental gifts into being a really good football player yet?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 207th Overall Pick: DE/OLB Mike Catapano, Princeton Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
It's not so much that you said he's a developmental guy, but that despite all he has going for him he wasn't picked til the end of the draft...has he just not been able to translate all his physical and mental gifts into being a really good football player yet?

He went to a small school and didn't post an elite 40 time, so if I had to guess, those are the reasons why he fell in the draft. He looks great on tape from what I've seen.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Kush this is a guy that I have never heard of and was clueless as to why we took him instead of a guy like Poyer or Gilkey, but after all I have heard I am stoked for this pick. He may not make an immediate impact on defense, but should have a place on ST.

Like this one a lot!
Dexter McCluster #22 5-8 170 The Original Offensive Weapon
46 Receptions 438 Yards 9.5 Avg 1 TD 43 long
8 Rushes 5 Yards .6 Avg 0 TD 5 long
54 Punt Returns 631 Yards 11.7 Avg 2 TD 89 long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: