Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(#65) Lions Select: Larry this means WARford, OG, Kentucky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Nice to get a day 1 starter in the 3rd round. Just glad we're addressing the OL and other needs.

All three guys we drafted have a pretty good shot of starting day 1. That's good, but yet bad.
I think it's great. Tells me Xander's influence is real. Hopefully Mayhew is done with the nonsense.

Bye bye and good riddance.

In Mayhew's presser about drafting Slay, Warford he credited the benefits of having the same scouts, scouting system, etc. I remember an article awhile back stating that Xander's system wouldn't be ready until next year.

Who knows what's going on, but I like it ... Well most of it Laughing
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Nice to get a day 1 starter in the 3rd round. Just glad we're addressing the OL and other needs.

All three guys we drafted have a pretty good shot of starting day 1. That's good, but yet bad.
I think it's great. Tells me Xander's influence is real. Hopefully Mayhew is done with the nonsense.

In Mayhew's presser about drafting Slay, Warford he credited the benefits of having the same scouts, scouting system, etc. I remember an article awhile back stating that Xander's system wouldn't be ready until next year.

They didn't hire that man to give him a year off, especially in a make or break season.

Mayhew also said that Xander picked apart their past drafts, told them what he thought they did wrong, and what the Broncos saw from the guys we ended up with.

Xander either helped out a ton, or Mayhew finally got control of his receiver lust. Either way, I'm a happy fan for now.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

They didn't hire that man to give him a year off, especially in a make or break season.

Mayhew also said that Xander picked apart their past drafts, told them what he thought they did wrong, and what the Broncos saw from the guys we ended up with.

Xander either helped out a ton, or Mayhew finally got control of his receiver lust. Either way, I'm a happy fan for now.

Me and you both.
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys said it. All I need to know is who to send the thankyou card to Smile

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford is definitely my favorite pick of ours this year. Reminds me a bit of when we took Young and Leshoure; reverse where Warford and Slay were selected and I'm a lot happier with how it turned out. Probably could have gotten a better player at #36 than Slay, but Warford at #65 is a steal.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plow the road big boy. He is going to WAR FOR the D. If you can get reggie to the second level that is when he gets really scary and Big man is the plow truck to do it.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute Steal at #65, was upset we didn't land him in the second.
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite thread in the draft, nobody has anything negative to say and everyone likes the pick Laughing

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm super pumped about this pick. I've wanted the Lions to draft an offensive line for as long as I can remember, and it's nice to see them add another young piece to help protect Matthew Stafford.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Still pumped about this. Had him at the same overall grade as Ansah. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: