Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Dobson vs. Josh Boyce
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better chance for immediate production?
Josh Boyce
41%
 41%  [ 16 ]
Aaron Dobson
58%
 58%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 39

Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Aaron Dobson vs. Josh Boyce Reply with quote

Who has the bigger impact on the offense THIS season. Who steps in immediately and fills that need for another WR option aside from Amendola?

Sigs-Taking Requests
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boyce. Just seems like a TB type receiver.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh don't make me choose.

I definitely think Boyce might be a bit more "pro ready", so I'd lean him. Heart is with Dobson. Coin flip, we'll probably get a better idea after some training camp when we see how they will be utilized.

CP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me its Dobson. He is a tall, strong, very sure handed kid that could be huge for us outside the numbers especially with how Amendola and the TEs will rule the short yardage stuff. Amendola can stretch the field too.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd expect me to say Boyce, but I actually think it's Dobson. He'll see work in the red zone almost immediately, and I expect him to win the starting flanker spot, while I'm not sure Boyce will be the starting split end right away.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
You'd expect me to say Boyce, but I actually think it's Dobson. He'll see work in the red zone almost immediately, and I expect him to win the starting flanker spot, while I'm not sure Boyce will be the starting split end right away.

That's definitely where this leans Dobson, I could see a 5-7 TD season if he's used in that role from the get-go. Might be 35-500-7 though.

I'd take that from a Patriot rookie WR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Richter wrote:

That's definitely where this leans Dobson, I could see a 5-7 TD season if he's used in that role from the get-go. Might be 35-500-7 though.

I'd take that from a Patriot rookie WR.

I just don't think they're going to use Dobson as the traditional split end, where he'd be asked to beat a jam a lot. Boyce will probably be worked into that role because of his speed, and work further down the field. While I think Dobson is a downfield threat, his hands, size and body control will let him work more over the middle and closer to the line of scrimmage. Near the red zone, however, I'm willing to bet he plays close to the line and sees his share of targets.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def. see Dobson playing more snaps and have better stats. Boyce seems like a random play maker type ala rookie Mike Wallace.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobson has more potential but Boyce is more polished and accomplished. While they're both "bigger" receivers, I think you'll see Dobson play the X exclusively while Boyce will see a combination of all three (X, Z, Slot).

Honestly.....determining who will have more of an imact is completely reliant upon who picks up the system the quickest. Boyce scored extremely high in the Wonderlic (23), and the system he played in with TCU has some similarities, so one would have to assume he'll absorb the information fairly easily.

NFLfan511

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:

So big, fast, sure handed WRs like Dobson are not TB type Wrs? Confused
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLfan511 wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:

So big, fast, sure handed WRs like Dobson are not TB type Wrs? Confused

I mean, not really. His favorite receivers over the years have been Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and Wes Welker, all of whom are under 6 feet. Randy Moss was really the only guy to truly break that mold and he is a once in a life time HOF and it can still be argued that Welker was still Brady's favorite even while Randy was here. Boyce is 5'11"

Sigs-Taking Requests
BP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And aside from Brandon Lloyd? There's still a shot he comes back this season at some point. It would be a nice receiving corp with Boyce, Dobson, Lloyd, Amendola, Hernandez, Jones and Edelman (and Slater). Oh, and I forgot to mention the receiving contributions from Vereen and the Gronk when they're lined up wide.
TGShabba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask. Everyone here seems really high on Boyce, so can anyone tell me why he lasted until the top of the 4th round?
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGShabba wrote:
I have to ask. Everyone here seems really high on Boyce, so can anyone tell me why he lasted until the top of the 4th round?

Never broke 1000 yrds. He had a broken toe this offseason. Those are part of it.
BP wrote:
And aside from Brandon Lloyd? There's still a shot he comes back this season at some point. It would be a nice receiving corp with Boyce, Dobson, Lloyd, Amendola, Hernandez, Jones and Edelman (and Slater). Oh, and I forgot to mention the receiving contributions from Vereen and the Gronk when they're lined up wide.

I wouldn't rule out TJ Moe. He could make the team.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:

I wouldn't rule out TJ Moe. He could make the team.

Yeah a lot of people are high on him. I can see why with his quickness and agility. He reminds a some of another Welker type with his change of direction and receiving style. I hope he gets a shot. I want Dobs, Boyce and Moe over Jones, Jenkins and Branch/Lloyd. Youth and ability over age at this point.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: