Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Thread (Day 2, Rounds 2 & 3) 6:30pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about Michael or Hill, but there are many reasons for me to believe Pete & John are doing the right thing in this draft:

And with the addition of players like:

And also this years additions to the team:

I'm not sure what else there is to say about how well Pete & John have put this team together... Very Happy

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Khaseem Greene is still available Very Happy

And I really want one of either Patton or Rodgers.

Sorry forgot about Greene meant to add him.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
I hope they trade some of 'em for higher picks next year.

That's what SF seems to be doing.

Using patience to increase draft capital over the long-run.

San Fran has done that once this draft - mostly they have a ton of draft picks so they can do whatever they want.

I wonder if we might trade up in the 4th to get a guy we really want. If we trade the Ravens 5th and our 7th with our 4th we could move up and still come away with a bounty of picks. I'd still like to see us address the O-Line and LB positions.

Reid Fragel, Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, David Bakhtiari are all still available for O-Line.

At LB - Khaseem Greene, Chase Thomas, Sean Porter, Gerald Hodges and Keith Pough are guys I like as well.

Some other consideration will hopefully be given to Matt Scott who may fall to the 5th simply because guys like Nassib and Barkley are still available, we haven't seen many reaches at QB like years past. Also Denard Robinson is still available as is more polished receiver prospects like DaRick Rogers and Quinton Patton or later round options in Marquess Wilson, Kenny Stills and Ryan Swope.

Looking forward to Day 3. Round 2 was a big shocker but hopefully it'll work out in the end. I think Michael is more like a 2014 pick but I'm fine with being such a talented team that we dont' need to put need above talent early in the draft.
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone get the feeling that the Hawks successes in the later rounds are stopping them from moving up in the draft? It feels like they are being overly passive.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Does anyone get the feeling that the Hawks successes in the later rounds are stopping them from moving up in the draft? It feels like they are being overly passive.

It's certainly possible. My thoughts were that once a team gets into a mindset of trading down and stockpiling future picks, it could become very easy to get stuck in that mindset and use it as a default setting, instead of looking in both trading directions for the best option at the moment based on current situational analysis instead of previous successes. This is what I feel has happened to the Patriots recently. They seem (from an outsiders perspective) to just continually stockpile future picks without ever really catching up and just picking players to revamp their roster, which despite their continued success does have serious holes in it. As for that happening here, I don't think we've reached that phase yet, but our roster has quickly become one of the deepest in the league, so stockpiling all those late round picks has a diminishing value since most of the late round players selected have a smaller opportunity to make the roster due to the increased talent. I was hoping that when we traded our 2nd round pick we would actually gain picks for next year more than this years draft because it would seem feasible to gather picks for next year just in case their is a player at the top of the draft that we would want to go after, similar to what the Falcons did to get Julio Jones a couple years ago. This would make sense because at the moment it is reasonable to bet on having a low first round pick next year since our expectations for next season are extremely high at the moment.

Sheldon Cooper
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
silus wrote:

It's certainly possible. My thoughts were that once a team gets into a mindset of trading down and stockpiling future picks, it could become very easy to get stuck in that mindset and use it as a default setting, instead of looking in both trading directions for the best option at the moment based on current situational analysis instead of previous successes. This is what I feel has happened to the Patriots recently. They seem (from an outsiders perspective) to just continually stockpile future picks without ever really catching up and just picking players to revamp their roster, which despite their continued success does have serious holes in it. As for that happening here, I don't think we've reached that phase yet, but our roster has quickly become one of the deepest in the league, so stockpiling all those late round picks has a diminishing value since most of the late round players selected have a smaller opportunity to make the roster due to the increased talent. I was hoping that when we traded our 2nd round pick we would actually gain picks for next year more than this years draft because it would seem feasible to gather picks for next year just in case their is a player at the top of the draft that we would want to go after, similar to what the Falcons did to get Julio Jones a couple years ago. This would make sense because at the moment it is reasonable to bet on having a low first round pick next year since our expectations for next season are extremely high at the moment.

It seems to me that the Hawks had a strategy but it went out the window with the Jordan Hill pick since he was apparently the "worst" of the top tier DTs. That was kind of disappointing to hear from John Schneider. With all the picks we had, with John Schneider saying DT was a position of need, you would think they would give up picks to take exactly who they wanted instead of being stuck with a pick.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:

Because that strategy has been awful for us so far...
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

Ha ha - yeah I really wish we had traded up for Shiloh Keo, Brandon Burton or Josh Thomas instead of taking Richard Sherman.
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

Ha ha - yeah I really wish we had traded up for Shiloh Keo, Brandon Burton or Josh Thomas instead of taking Richard Sherman.

If the Seahawks moved up to take someone they wanted, it would be someone they wanted. They wanted Sherman, they didn't want Brandon Burton. Rolling Eyes
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

If the Seahawks moved up to take someone they wanted, it would be someone they wanted. They wanted Sherman, they didn't want Brandon Burton. Rolling Eyes

Then why complain? Obviously they don't feel it's necessary to move up or that they are confident that they don't have to take guys they want rounds before they should....Let it play out.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

Then why complain? Obviously they don't feel it's necessary to move up or that they are confident that they don't have to take guys they want rounds before they should....Let it play out.

Go back and look at my statement. I wasn't complaining. Anyways, John Schneider already stated they went away from their big board to take the bottom of the top tier DTs, and that it was a position of need for them. As a fan you have to ask if it would have been better to have targeted a DT, since they ended up compromising their original strategy anyways.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

Go back and look at my statement. I wasn't complaining. Anyways, John Schneider already stated they went away from their big board to take the bottom of the top tier DTs, and that it was a position of need for them. As a fan you have to ask if it would have been better to have targeted a DT, since they ended up compromising their original strategy anyways.

Too many people forget they're fans and don't hold a spot in the front office for a reason. Every year people complain about the picks. I was one of them early on. It's time people just be happy and look at things with some optimism.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

Too many people forget they're fans and don't hold a spot in the front office for a reason. Every year people complain about the picks. I was one of them early on. It's time people just be happy and look at things with some optimism.

Sorry, which pick was I complaining about?? Every observation by a fan is not a complaint. Stop generalizing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: